ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Misc

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-02, 10:41 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Misc

I went to the Lexus dealer today to get my oil changed. My tires need replacing too, I have been burning out too much. I was talking to the people there about my car and adding parts to it.

I asked them about the plugs, the parts guy said he didn't know of any plugs that LEXUS makes that would fill the holes from the front licence plate bracket. So if someone could send me some, I'll pay for them or whatever, just let me know.

I am going to be working at FLOW LEXUS over the summer probably. I have applied and one of the workers there asked my Dad if I would like to try and get a job. It will pay more than my Lowes foods job, which is a plus. Maybe I will be able to get a discount... maybe not.

The people saw my CL banner and my new clear corners... Some said they liked it, others seemed like "Why would you do that to a LEXUS?" but no one actually said anything bad. Only good compliments. I can't wait to see their faces when I pull up with ground effects...

Yellow bulbs, I know some people here have been talking about trying to find out where they can get the yellow bulbs. The parts guys says people come to him all the time asking for the yellow bulbs like they saw on an older LS. He tells them every time that there is no yellow bulb, the light comes from a clear bulb, passes through an amber tinted glass piece, then bounces off of a yellow reflector to make the yellow.

And to all those who keep asking about how to remove the headlight... I went back and looked up an old post of mine and here it is.
"I changed my parking lamps. And this also applies to anyone who wants to know how to remove the headlight assembly. When you open the hood, unscrew the five screws in the front black plastic, and pop put the 9 clips, to remove the cover that covers both headlights and the center. You should see 3 bolts directly connected to the assembly. The first, is connecting the black assembly to the painted metal. The second is down near the horn, ( I started with the passenger side first ) , and the third is vertical right below the second one. You can obviously see that they hold the assembly in place. Now you have unscrewed all 3. If you look in the crack right near the first screw holding the assembly, you should be able to see (with a flashlight) a whitish plastic clip with a silver rod in the center. That is holding your headlight on. Place a long screwdriver on the side of the metal that the clip is going through, on the side that is clostest to the headlight. I pried some, trying to push the headlight out, and it released the clip. Now you are able to pull the assembly most of the way out, with the wires still connected. THe parking lamp bulb is right where it should be, on the bottom of the place where you see it. turn that socket to the left, then pull it down. the bulbs you can just turn them left and they pop out. REplace them and put back the headlight. After you get the first one done, it will be much easier to do the second. Maybe this can help us get the orange out of there now. I have super white parling lamps and turn signals now. Looks good,as long as I get my xenons in the mail soon. Thanks guys. Later. Eric"

This is just some stuff I was thinking, I will talk to you guys later.

- Eric

Last edited by EGainer; 04-20-02 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-20-02, 10:19 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what's flow lexus and what will you be doing there? are you gonna be going away to college or something?? anyway i hope they don't move this to the lexus lobby forum cuz it should be kept in the ES forum. btw, i think yellow bulbs DO exist somewhere because in Japan, people change their bulbs...Yellow in the winter and cold months, "blue"ish xenons in the summer. its a seasonal thing, like you change your wardrobe. me not sure tho. man i just got back from the Sema International Auto Salon with enginyr. am tired.have a nice day!
Old 04-21-02, 06:55 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

FLOW is a company like KEYES or something. It is really called FLOW IMPORTS, but they do other cars too. So there is a FLOW LEXUS dealer and a FLOW BMW dealer and some others, mostly luxery cars. At the dealer I would just be washing cars since they won't let me be a salesman, but I would be makeing about $280 a week which is better than my $125 a week now. So I should be able to do more to my car that way. And yes, I will be attending UNC Wilmington in the fall to major in Business Administration
Old 04-22-02, 02:00 PM
IrockLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EGainer what part of North Carolina do you live in currently because I shouldnt be too far away from you I live in Bristol, VA?
Old 04-22-02, 06:35 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default NC

I live in Greensboro, It's 30 miles east of winston salem and about 90 miles west of Raleigh