ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

So I was forced to give up my 2ES....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-09, 08:53 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry So I was forced to give up my 2ES....

despite fighting against it. So I compromised by still working on the LED tail light mods and received this with a little persuasion I got 1/3 color choices that I had in mind. I'll still continue with the LED tails in the 2ES though, since my sister needs to be able to drive it without fear of being rear ended

Interesting story, skip if you want to see pics only
So we went to Carson Toyota and talked to the Fleet Manager on the recommendation of Jay (lexusscturbo). When we arrived, we saw a man in a suit sitting outside smoking. Once we came out of our RX330, he came up and asked if he could help us. As he was smoking just a few minutes before, we gently declined and asked for the Fleet Manager. He asked us to come inside so he could talk to his boss. His boss then said very loudly to just send them to the Information desk and let the secretary to deal with us (super rude bastard).

So we went to the Information desk and asked for the Fleet Manager. He came down a set of stairs and told us to come upstairs, away from the floor salesman, who were giving us extremely dirty looks. So we went upstairs and got a "VIP" treatment that we never experienced at a Toyota dealership.

In his office, my dad and the Fleet Manager, Sam, got straight to work. My dad told him that we knew what car we wanted and that we wanted to finish within 1 hour. Sam happily denied my dad on his high expectations and shattered it with a claim of 10 minutes! So me, my dad, and my cousin visiting from out of state stared at each other and were a bit unbelieving. As a result of that claim, my dad asked what the best price on a 2010 Camry LE would be. Sam, being ever so cocky of his claim, coolly replied with a request to see how much we were willing to pay. My dad then handed him a sheet of paper of an internet pricing on the same car at a different dealership and asked him to match it.

Sam placed his reading glasses on his head, calmly looked at the price, my dad, and me and my cousin, then replied, "if I gave you this price, will you walk out of this dealership today with the car in the color that you choose?" We replied yes, and he said DONE! This was less than 10 minutes of no negotiating!

Pretty much, the next step was to test drive the Camry's in the color schemes we wanted. There was 1 Spruce Mica (black/green metallic flakes), 2 Blue Ribbon Metallic (blue flakes), and countless Magnetic Gray Metallic (gray flakes) LE's on the lot. We took a look at the Spruce Mica and denied it due to the bisque (tan) interior. With a bisque interior, an already older color was made super old status. So next, we looked at 1 of the Blue Ribbon Metallics on the lot since we couldn't find the other one for some reason. This one had body side molding, which was an additional $200 on the price we wanted to pay. So we took it for a test drive, loved the car, then took it to the front and parked it. Sam believed we were going to purchase it. This BRM had 6 miles on the ODO after the test drive.

So dad goes into the dealership with Sam to discuss pricing and the side molding. He of course asks if we can have the same price with the side molding so Sam comes right out and we go, literally, on a hunt to find the missing Blue Ribbon Metallic LE. Turns out, Carson Toyota had a fresh shipment of cars that morning and the BRM LE was on that shipment! So fresh from the boat/factory and with the plastics still on the car, we take it for a test drive and everything checks out. This BRM without body side molding had 3 miles on the ODO after the test drive! So we pretty much buy the car on the spot and we request NO DEALER PREP as I am now a professional detailer. Sam tells the Prep Guy and he gives us a blank stare and only removes the plastic and gets gas for me.

When the Prep Guy comes back, Jay lends me his Paint Thickness Gauge so I can check the paint thickness of the car, thus verifying that no additional body work has been done with it. Surprisingly, there was 2-3 times more clear on the car than base coat itself so it checks out!

Dad comes out then we thank Jay and we drive home...at 55mph and below 3k RPM! . Gotta hate babying the car but you got to do what you got to do I suppose .

End of Story

Now on to the pictures of the car. Sorry if some are blurry, camera was having some trouble focusing on the paint and body lines. Its ok though, FRESH PAINT to play with!

Enjoy!

And my favorite shot,
Old 10-11-09, 09:15 PM
Supremeng
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. I think I read a bit about your situation in the so-cal forums. Congrats!
Old 10-11-09, 09:49 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats man!
Old 10-11-09, 09:54 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Okay...

So what does any of the above have to do with your car?
Old 10-11-09, 10:06 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL
nice man, let let the moding fun begin ahahah
and i see domo
Old 10-11-09, 11:56 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how and why did this happen?
Old 10-12-09, 02:54 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, I forgot that many of you don't read all the thread here

Pretty much parents wanted a dependable car to drive 60 miles per day to Cal State Fullerton. They believed that the ES with its low 135k miles would break down so they decided to buy me a new car. On top of that, they, without asking me, decided to demote it to my youngest sister, who is a brand new driver . So I fought tooth and nail but in the end gave up as it was useless to keep trying.

Fortunately, I've decided to keep modding the ES but the Camry will be slowly modded as well. LED tails are still going in the ES but I won't be the one to benefit from them. My sister will hopefully be protected from being rear ended during the day until she A, crashes the car; or B, leaves the car in one piece next year when she goes off to the East Coast to study
Old 10-12-09, 03:19 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eyezack87

Pretty much parents wanted a dependable car to drive 60 miles per day to Cal State Fullerton. They believed that the ES with its low 135k miles would break down so they decided to buy me a new car. On top of that, they, without asking me, decided to demote it to my youngest sister, who is a brand new driver . So I fought tooth and nail but in the end gave up as it was useless to keep trying.

Fortunately, I've decided to keep modding the ES but the Camry will be slowly modded as well. LED tails are still going in the ES but I won't be the one to benefit from them. My sister will hopefully be protected from being rear ended during the day until she A, crashes the car; or B, leaves the car in one piece next year when she goes off to the East Coast to study
135k miles and you're going to commute 60 miles a day? I currently have 245k on my ES and I still drive it 150 miles a day lol. Congrats on the new car. Doesn't hurt to have peace of mind.
Old 10-12-09, 06:26 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Call me an *** if you will, but that was not obviously stated in your post...

All i could summarize 'dealership trip, lead to a new car ...' And no mention of an ES300... Anyways, i am confused here, so you told your parent you DON'T want them to spend money on YOU, but they still wanted to burn a hole in their pocket for you?! Why not tell them to buy your sister a new car? lol

Oh and the only way to go with those appliances, err, Camry is like this:

Old 10-12-09, 06:31 PM
abobiznow
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i lol'ed @ "appliances"
Old 10-12-09, 08:07 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by abobiznow
i lol'ed @ "appliances"
I lol'ed the first time i heard this, but apparently it is a rather universal terminology for typical Toyota vehicles. IE. Corolla, Camry and odd Echo.

Lets face it, they are boring cars, reliable; but it still doesn't change the 'boring aspect'.
Old 10-12-09, 09:11 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

not boring till the new corolla comes out in late 2010 with its new boxer engine (like the subaru) rear wheel drive car! and i think its turbo! =0

but anyways.. you were forced to give up your 2ES because your parents wanted you to drive a dependable car? the 2ES is dependable heheh =P
Old 10-13-09, 12:15 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

No worries 01LEXPL, I posted the reason in the past in other threads haha. I almost parted out at one point . Anyway, they don't want to buy her a new car since shes new and a horrible driver. They're also paranoid since I've broken down twice in our old minivan so that also fueled the fire. Trust me when I said that I would rather keep my car than get another one, especially after reworking the interior so its brand new again . The Camry you posted is nice but I have a different kit and wheels for it. Though I may have to wait a while on stuff that actually drills in so I don't void anything...

Swifty, they were being really weird for some reason. They knew that the ES was well taken care of by me but they still thought it would break down. Its fine by me I guess, I'm not on shot shocks anymore but dang its hard to learn the Camry, bigger and more blind spots :headbang:
Old 10-13-09, 11:03 AM
rlx101
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

nice school bus man!
Old 10-13-09, 11:30 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

I almost parted out at one point .

lol issakk.... part out what?...... :P

btw can't wait to see the new ride next thursday! u missed the awesome meet at cafe liu

Quick Reply: So I was forced to give up my 2ES....