ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

CD Changer "Err" (error)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-02, 06:16 PM
Balzak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer "Err" (error)

Hey guys, i recently had a jvc-sh99 mp3 player in my car but decided to get rid of it for the following reasons: 1) I only had the front 2 speakers working b/c i hadn't done the other wiring yet 2) I dont have the money to purchase decent speakers.

...So I sold the head unit to my brother and put back the stock system. Now, when i push the cd changer button, it stalls for a couple of seconds and then the LCD display reads, "Err"--> i assume that means error.

also when in cd mode, i went to the trunk and pushed the eject button for the 6 disk cd changer and I can hear a mechanism working for a few seconds but it stops and doesnt eject.
Another possible factor might be the harness that we created for the JVC unit. We tapped some wires to directly connect some other harness to the unit.

My brother told me that the problem is probably with the changer b/c the mechanism makes noise but doesnt eject.

if any of you had the same problem, i would greatly appreciate some tips. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-02, 08:42 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my guess is, if your display says "ERR" then the head unit is not "communicating" with the CD unit. the CD changer will still make noise if you push the eject in the trunk because the electric wires in there are still "live." You should probably repost this in the Lexus Electronics forum so you have people with more knowledge of this stuff responding.
Old 04-28-02, 10:40 PM
cialz
Driver

if you put the cds in wrong the same thing happens

at least for the stock cd changer

you need to have the lable side facing down on the magazine

(lable side is touching the magazine)

try that and see wat happens
Old 04-29-02, 04:30 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I don't remember

I would help you guys with this, but my car doesn't have a factory changer in it. I used to have one in my old car, but my newer Lex doesn't have one
Old 05-01-02, 11:39 AM
Hnky001
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem with my factor disc changer. I press eject, and nothing happens.
Old 05-01-02, 01:14 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be the power wire running to the changer, either it's not connected all the way or the wire has gone bad. Check both of those. My old aftermarket had this problem. eventually i pulled it out and broke it and got my cds out and bought a new changer...
but that changer was more than just power problems. what had happened was that one of the disc trays got stuck in the out position so the magazine couldn't come out...
Old 05-01-02, 01:57 PM
ES300SD
Pole Position

Only time ive ever gotten that message is if the cd is in the changer the wrong way...or if there is no cd in the changer at all...
Old 05-01-02, 06:32 PM
Balzak
Rookie

Originally posted by Hnky001
I have the same problem with my factor disc changer. I press eject, and nothing happens.
Yeah, i took my changer out today and took it apart. It wouldnt eject because one of the disc trays was sticking out. I pushed it back in and it was able to eject, BUT when i load it, the same tray is pushed halfway out again and stays there. I think there is something wrong with the loading arm that pushes the trays out because it stops pushing like I said--> then the tray is stuck again.