ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 12:04 PM
mildawg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Driving Lights

So i did a little research on whats legal in my state and white turning signals arent legal in WV thats cool and all but i DO NOT like my amber driving lights, so i wanted to switch them to white. i then saw "switch back blinker" and i am interested in purchasing some for my 300es 00 and installing them.
Does anyone know a firm or a credible website that sells them, and also what size do i have to buy them in order to fit thru the housing?

i case u dont know what imm talking about ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Bin...eature=related )
Old 10-20-09, 02:45 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Bulbs are from V-LEDS.
I think he got the bulbs from V-Leds.
Old 10-20-09, 06:14 PM
mildawg
Driver School Candidate

wow i knew sum1 would say/quote that... i was wondering if anyone from around this forum has actually done the conversion and the firm they used.
Old 10-20-09, 07:14 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Friend has them on his e46 BMW. He bought them from Autolumination.com and is still using it after a year
Old 10-20-09, 07:22 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mildawg
wow i knew sum1 would say/quote that... i was wondering if anyone from around this forum has actually done the conversion and the firm they used.
Wow, newbs.

First, learn how to spell, most people here don't speak stupid.

Second, how can a 0.5 second Google search NOT tell you that V-Leds is a reputable firm.

Third, had you bothered looking outside the Es300 forum, to uhhh, lets say the 'lighting forum' you would see, numerous reviews/etc on all sorts of lighting mods/upgrades. henceforth you would find numerous threads about V-leds and pictures of their quality.

Last, why do you insist on calling this a conversion? It is a plug n play bulb.

All YOU need to do is put those google fingers to work.

Sylvania.com has a search tool that allows you to look up the car you want and lists all the bulb types in the car.
Another option is to simply go in, remove the bulb yourself and read the stamping/description off the bulb itself that is found in your corner marker.

Last, this is going to look pretty bad, as you notice the Maxima has a clear lense, the lense found in the ES300 corner light is grooved so the light is going to be dispersed NOT direct. It will shine brighter in the middle and spread out thereafter.

Do you need anymore explanations?
Old 10-20-09, 08:46 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

1 - 2 - 3.........3 - 2 - 1

Inhale, Exhale...

Lets not make this something it isn't and all get along
Old 10-20-09, 10:24 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why must this spark an arguement?

www.autolumination.com
Old 10-21-09, 07:13 AM
mildawg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Wow, newbs.

First, learn how to spell, most people here don't speak stupid.

Second, how can a 0.5 second Google search NOT tell you that V-Leds is a reputable firm.

Third, had you bothered looking outside the Es300 forum, to uhhh, lets say the 'lighting forum' you would see, numerous reviews/etc on all sorts of lighting mods/upgrades. henceforth you would find numerous threads about V-leds and pictures of their quality.

Last, why do you insist on calling this a conversion? It is a plug n play bulb.

All YOU need to do is put those google fingers to work.

Sylvania.com has a search tool that allows you to look up the car you want and lists all the bulb types in the car.
Another option is to simply go in, remove the bulb yourself and read the stamping/description off the bulb itself that is found in your corner marker.

Last, this is going to look pretty bad, as you notice the Maxima has a clear lense, the lense found in the ES300 corner light is grooved so the light is going to be dispersed NOT direct. It will shine brighter in the middle and spread out thereafter.

Do you need anymore explanations?
Can you really tell my level of education just by the way i write? I am willing to put money on that my education level is much higher than yours. You say people on here dont speak stupid yet again you understood my question? Look at your own spelling before questioning mine, i can point out 3 mistakes in the post you made.

Please dont try to troll me just because i am new to the forums. I had a question and it is now resolved, all i asked for was people's help, not your criticism.

ANYWAY!

The problem has been resolved and thanks for everyone's help.
Old 10-21-09, 09:22 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mildawg
Can you really tell my level of education just by the way i write? I am willing to put money on that my education level is much higher than yours. You say people on here dont speak stupid yet again you understood my question? Look at your own spelling before questioning mine, i can point out 3 mistakes in the post you made.

Please dont try to troll me just because i am new to the forums. I had a question and it is now resolved, all i asked for was people's help, not your criticism.

ANYWAY!

The problem has been resolved and thanks for everyone's help.
Well Said
Old 10-21-09, 10:46 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

I like turtles....
Old 11-04-09, 02:30 PM
Bkwindom84
Rookie

Originally Posted by swifty562
I like turtles....
me too....
Old 11-04-09, 02:39 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

www.v-leds.com

Amazing Site, I buy tons of LED's there.