ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

3rd gen: JIC mcv20 strut tower brace

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 12:37 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATE: Well, I got a call this morning from Carson Toyota, apparently the TRD Strut Bar for the Solara is no longer available, they cancelled my order. Maybe, thats a blessing in disguise, since you all said it wouldnt work. I guess I'm going to order the OEM strut bar for the Solara. I guess KaldES98 you didnt get the JIC strut bar after all. I also ordered the OEM strut bar, but they might already be discontinued, they show 3 left in the U.S., they said they will try and get one for me, will find out tomorrow if they were able too. Otherwise, JIC, might be the only route left..............

Last edited by angmedic91; 10-27-09 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 05:34 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angmedic91
UPDATE: Well, I got a call this morning from Carson Toyota, apparently the TRD Strut Bar for the Solara is no longer available, they cancelled my order. Maybe, thats a blessing in disguise, since you all said it wouldnt work. I guess I'm going to order the OEM strut bar for the Solara. I guess KaldES98 you didnt get the JIC strut bar after all. I also ordered the OEM strut bar, but they might already be discontinued, they show 3 left in the U.S., they said they will try and get one for me, will find out tomorrow if they were able too. Otherwise, JIC, might be the only route left..............
There's no way there are only 3 left in the US! They had easy access to mine. If you can't find one.. I say go to a junk yard and find a solara and take it off of it. I decided to go with the oem solara strut tower brace because I'm way to lazy to go through the wait only to find out that it doesn't fit. I'm glad the TRD one was canceled for you. I do think that was a blessing in disguise haha.
Old 10-28-09, 10:01 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

I asked the guy at Carson Toyota parts if there data system was linked to all other Toyota dealerships through out the US and he said yes. Matter of fact I told him you ordered one from a dealership in GA and would have it in a couple days. He said he didnt show any Solara strut bars being shipped from the warehouses to the dealership. So, who knows whats going on, but he did state that the OEM strut bars are showing discontinued, they just have whats in the warehouses. Have you gotten your strut bar yet KaldES98?
Old 10-28-09, 11:46 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just to confirm OEM solara does fit 97 ES
Old 10-28-09, 04:02 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by angmedic91
I asked the guy at Carson Toyota parts if there data system was linked to all other Toyota dealerships through out the US and he said yes. Matter of fact I told him you ordered one from a dealership in GA and would have it in a couple days. He said he didnt show any Solara strut bars being shipped from the warehouses to the dealership. So, who knows whats going on, but he did state that the OEM strut bars are showing discontinued, they just have whats in the warehouses. Have you gotten your strut bar yet KaldES98?
Funny, today they called me and said the braces are backordered..and mine should be here on friday.. I'll keep you updated.
Old 10-28-09, 04:27 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MCV20
just to confirm OEM solara does fit 97 ES
As far as the information I've gotten from the fellas on here, the OEM Solara strut bar will work for the 3rd gen ES300 97-01.

Originally Posted by kaldES98
Funny, today they called me and said the braces are backordered..and mine should be here on friday.. I'll keep you updated.
Thanks bro.............
Old 10-28-09, 06:29 PM
ES3_Ray
Lead Lap

Just to let you guys know, to put it in so that it doesnt bulge the hood, sit on it. like this..

it will still hit and it will put a little scratch in the middle, so i took a velcro wire tie and put it in the middle where it hit...

Old 10-28-09, 06:31 PM
ES3_Ray
Lead Lap

actually you can see in the hood insulation where it hits, it also hits those 2 little clips to the left and right of the center. very very slightly though.

if you have a torque wrench, its supposed to be 27 lb-ft, i personally put 35 lb-ft of torque to hold it in place after i sat on it to press it down as much as possible.
Old 10-28-09, 08:35 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES3_Ray
actually you can see in the hood insulation where it hits, it also hits those 2 little clips to the left and right of the center. very very slightly though.

if you have a torque wrench, its supposed to be 27 lb-ft, i personally put 35 lb-ft of torque to hold it in place after i sat on it to press it down as much as possible.
Dude, where did you get that info? I'm glad you tell me now.. I'll borrow a torque wrench from a friend.. I don't know if i feel comfortable sitting on it... is there an alternative?
Old 10-29-09, 07:21 AM
HYPERBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaldES98
Dude, where did you get that info? I'm glad you tell me now.. I'll borrow a torque wrench from a friend.. I don't know if i feel comfortable sitting on it... is there an alternative?
take a bat to it... lmao

btw the whiteline front strut bar works fine clears the engine and hood
Old 10-29-09, 07:25 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice sandals Ray....
Old 10-29-09, 09:18 AM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
take a bat to it... lmao

btw the whiteline front strut bar works fine clears the engine and hood
there is a whiteline strut tower brace for 3rd gen?!!!
Old 10-29-09, 02:01 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Ray, like the way you man handled that strut bar, lol. You do what it takes to get the job done bro. I went to the whiteline website and looked for a strut bar for a 99 Solara and couldnt find one, they had stuff for the Camry, but nothing for the Solara.
Old 10-29-09, 08:48 PM
ES3_Ray
Lead Lap

lol dont be afraid to sit on it, i sat on it bounced on it, and grabbed teh intake plenum and pulled myself down (meaning there was more than 200lbs on the center. and this is all info from personal experience.

also the improvement is noticeable, ever drive on the highway and wiggle the steering wheel and NOTHING happens...yeah cant do that anymore lol
Old 10-30-09, 09:46 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Can i bend it before putting it on? just got it btw.

Quick Reply: 3rd gen: JIC mcv20 strut tower brace