ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES300s participating in motorsports thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 10:57 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha, so I took the lexus to an autox track for some fun. It was pretty funny, when we showed up, everyone was kinda looking at us like we were crazy. My girlfriend drove my S4 avant around the track too. So then EVERYONE thought we were crazy bringing the audi wagon and the lexus sedan. The S4 did great if anyone cared.

But all I can say is, I prolly wont take the ES again untill I have a respectable coilover set with some sway bars and all that good stuff. She just felt so damn big and boaty. And the understeer was just incredable, I had no idea there would be so much understeer (we never beat on the ES...ever...) But all n' all, I think I'm going to take her back to the track with some "handling" mods and see the difference.
Old 11-24-09, 03:18 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Limen
hahaha, so I took the lexus to an autox track for some fun. It was pretty funny, when we showed up, everyone was kinda looking at us like we were crazy. My girlfriend drove my S4 avant around the track too. So then EVERYONE thought we were crazy bringing the audi wagon and the lexus sedan. The S4 did great if anyone cared.

But all I can say is, I prolly wont take the ES again untill I have a respectable coilover set with some sway bars and all that good stuff. She just felt so damn big and boaty. And the understeer was just incredable, I had no idea there would be so much understeer (we never beat on the ES...ever...) But all n' all, I think I'm going to take her back to the track with some "handling" mods and see the difference.
It makes such a great difference when you add coilovers. I took mine to an autox this past weekend and it was incredibly fun. Only problem was it was pouring rain and no one took pictures.
Old 11-25-09, 10:43 AM
Limen
Pole Position

What kind of tires are you running on?
Old 11-27-09, 12:43 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

215/45/17 kumho ecsta asx ultra high performance all seasons wrapped around my ultra light kosei k1 ts 17s
Old 03-01-10, 06:49 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Just autocrossed my es again. Coilovers cut the body roll like crazy. Did decent. Beat quite a few cars I didn't think I could like a supra, mr2, and miata.

Old 03-01-10, 07:38 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Thumbs up

kaldES98, I'm SO thrilled to see you're doing it. I was trying to plant the seeds of enthusiasm way back in this thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-inspired.html) and it's awesome to see you went for it!

No matter how your car stacks up against others, it's mainly about learning to drive what you bring - and drive it better lap after lap. Then you begin learning about what can make your car handle better and the mods start.

I truly believe a tracked ES can lead to an optimized ES. I'm glad to see you're out there doing it! (Your ES is looking GREAT btw)

Old 03-02-10, 12:50 PM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
kaldES98, I'm SO thrilled to see you're doing it. I was trying to plant the seeds of enthusiasm way back in this thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-inspired.html) and it's awesome to see you went for it!

No matter how your car stacks up against others, it's mainly about learning to drive what you bring - and drive it better lap after lap. Then you begin learning about what can make your car handle better and the mods start.

I truly believe a tracked ES can lead to an optimized ES. I'm glad to see you're out there doing it! (Your ES is looking GREAT btw)

I definitely am advancing and getting better with my car. You learn so much about the car you drive when you autocross it and learn where the limits are and what not. My car handles better than one would think with the modifications made to it. I love it to death and I love being unique. My scores came pretty close to a couple of m5 sedans there =p
Old 03-03-10, 09:17 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kaldES98
I definitely am advancing and getting better with my car. You learn so much about the car you drive when you autocross it and learn where the limits are and what not. My car handles better than one would think with the modifications made to it. I love it to death and I love being unique. My scores came pretty close to a couple of m5 sedans there =p
Wow, keeping up with the E39 M5 is no easy feet (I would assume is was the E39 M5). I still havnt taken the ES300 back to the autox after that first time. But then again, I still havnt put any handling mods on her either. The girlfriend doesnt want a rough ride in it

p.s. I like your cool Camaro racing stripe made with the blue painters tape....good stuff

Last edited by Limen; 03-03-10 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-03-10, 09:42 AM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Limen
Wow, keeping up with the E39 M5 is no easy feet (I would assume is was the E39 M5). I still havnt taken the ES300 back to the autox after that first time. But then again, I still havnt put any handling mods on her either. The girlfriend doesnt want a rough ride in it

p.s. I like your cool Camaro racing stripe made with the blue painters tape....good stuff
Yea the m5s were e39s. I actually really like e39s a lot.. was about to buy one before I liked at the es. Haha the eyelids and the racing stripe are what got all of the attention to my car by the photographers.
Old 04-19-16, 03:00 PM
mugencivic
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry for bumping this old thread but i recently decided to go this route with my ES300. KaldES98, have you ran the car more after the last post? any other mods? i have a few suspension mods in mind (on my list) along with a couple of mild engine mods. since you have autoX'd you ES, what do you feel the ES lacks to be a bit faster in this type of event?