ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Winter Mats for 2001 ES300

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-09, 08:15 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Winter Mats for 2001 ES300

It seems Lexus never made winter mats for the 2001 ES300. Some searching around here and it doesn't seem like there's one particular brand a lot of people like either, although I've seen weather tech mentioned a few times. I'd like something that is customer cut for the front seats whereas I guess you can pretty much stick anything in the rear. As I said though, custom cut would be preferred, but if the only custom cut ones are ridiculously expensive as I've seen a few that are, I think I could make due with some cheap $30 sets from VIP/Walmart, especially if they happen to be trim-able.

So anyone know of reasonably priced front/rear winter mats for the 2001 ES300?
Old 12-23-09, 09:10 AM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the same model and year car, and I also needed the winter mats this year. I was able to order them from my local Lexus Dealer. No Problem at all. Picked them up the next day. This was 2 Months ago. I live in Montreal Canada. So at least in Canada I know that Lexus does have them readily.

On the other hand, I also needed the original Summer floor carpets. These were no longer available from Lexus here in Canada. I ended up ordering them from a Company in the US. Received them yesterday. The summer ones cost me $100.00 US for all 4. They were the original OEM mats.

But as I said, the Winter ones for you car are readily available from Lexus here in Canada at least.

Phil
Old 12-23-09, 11:22 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I bought the most fitting universla ones from Walmart.

Had them in two different cars, over a few years and they still do the job!

Just go that way, no need to spend more than 50$ [imo, this is stupid] on molded rubber...

The best ones are the cut to fit models, since you can do just that.

For the rear, i got a set made for the 'front' portion of a vehicle, but turned them sideways, since the wells are deep and rather wide they sit nicely in there with a fold contouring the shape of the wells. In the middle tunnel i covered it with a towel joining the two mats.
Old 12-23-09, 12:36 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

I don't think that Wal-Mart carpets is the route that you want to go. The original Lexus mats fit exactly, are of very high quality and are especially made to fit this car. Including the hole in the appropriate place so that it can be hooked to the built-in floor anchor. This prevents movement of the mat, a major cause of sudden acceleration if they interfere with the gas peddle.

On top of that other than original carpets, typically look and feel cheap.

Just my Opinion

Phil

Last edited by PFB; 12-23-09 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-23-09, 01:28 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Originally Posted by PFB
I don't think that Wal-Mart carpets is the route that you want to go. The original Lexus mats fit exactly, are of very high quality and are especially made to fit this car. Including the hole in the appropriate place so that it can be hooked to the built-in floor anchor. This prevents movement of the mat, a major cause of sudden acceleration if they interfere with the gas peddle.

On top of that, they look and feel cheap.

Just my Opinion

Phil
Phil, I agree. However, I can't find the OEM mats you're referring to anywhere online, including Lexus's website. Any chance you happen to have their part number or some identifying number? How much did they cost you btw?
Old 12-23-09, 02:54 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Hi,

I did not keep the Bill, so I don't have the part No of the complete set anymore (the set of 4 winter mats). What I can give you though is the part No. that is stamped on the back of each mat. Each mat however has a separate part no. so you will end up with 4 different part Nos. What you need however is the ordering (part No) for the complete set.

Any Lexus dealer should be able to give you that by phone.

If you want the individual part No's of each of the 4 mats then let me know and I'll look it up

Phil
Old 12-23-09, 06:21 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Phil, I looked again all over online and could not find a single OEM winter mat for our generation. I think those individual numbers would really help, not just for searching around online but also if I need to order them from Lexus themselves. Whenever you get a chance, because I know people are busy now around the holiday times, it would be very helpful. Much thanks.
Old 12-24-09, 08:09 AM
PFB
Lexus Champion

I called my Local Lexus dealer here in Montreal today to try and get you the ordering part number for the winter mats, but they were closed for the Holidays.

So I'll give you their number and you can try it yourself after the Holidays. Ask for the parts Dept.

Their Toll Free No. is: 1-877-694-0771.

If that Toll Free number does not work from the US, than their local Number is: 1-514-694-0771

Maybe they can arrange to ship it to you directly.

If there is still a problem than send me a PM

Hope that helps

Phil
Old 12-28-09, 10:56 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

I'm at the dealership and while waiting I inquired at the parts desk about winter mats. I was told that there is a stop sale on ALL lexus winter mats for all years/generations because of the issue the RX had. Also, I was told that Lexus never made winter mats for the 2001 es300, only one model that year had winter mats (sc or rx I think he said).

Weathertech was recommended to me by at the parts desk, so I'll look closer into them. But first I'm gonna call that number you gave me Phil.
Old 12-28-09, 01:32 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

I just walked in, and saw your post. I tried to call the Lexus parts department on your behalf, but they were closed already for the day.

Let me know if you got through to them. If not I'll call them for you tomorrow

Phil
Old 12-28-09, 02:00 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Originally Posted by PFB
I just walked in, and saw your post. I tried to call the Lexus parts department on your behalf, but they were closed already for the day.

Let me know if you got through to them. If not I'll call them for you tomorrow

Phil
Yeah, I tried getting through to them too. All I got was a recording in French.

I'm heading out in a few and I'm going to check around for suitable universal mats that I can cut down. If I don't find anything I really like then I'll post back tonight and let you know. Thanks Phil.
Old 12-29-09, 06:26 AM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
Yeah, I tried getting through to them too. All I got was a recording in French.

I'm heading out in a few and I'm going to check around for suitable universal mats that I can cut down. If I don't find anything I really like then I'll post back tonight and let you know. Thanks Phil.
I called the Lexus Dealer this morning, and he can still get you the Lexus winter Mats for you car. In fact any Canadian Lexus Dealer should be able to order you those winter Mats. Not sure how you would get them over to the US, but maybe you can make arrangements with them.

In any case the Lexus Part Number for the complete set is: C0320-44000-01.

The cost is $110.00 Cdn.

Another suggestion that you may want to consider is to order a second set of Lexus Summer floor carpets, You can then use your originals floor mats in the winter, and the new ones in the summer. You can get a set from the place that I bought mine 2 weeks ago.

I got mine at: http://www.lexpartsworld.com/Scripts/default.asp

They cost around $90.00US with I think free shipping in the US. The mats are ORIGINAL Lexus, with the Lexus name, Part numbers and Logos stamped on the back, but they say "Coach Edition" on the front instead of Lexus. They look great and are original Lexus. They even included an original Lexus Floor Hook.

Phil

Last edited by PFB; 12-29-09 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-24-10, 09:19 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Phil,

Your efforts didn't go unappreciated, I wish I had followed your advice sooner. The cheap mats I went with slopped all over the sides and left salt stains which I'll have to shampoo out when it gets warmer.

I called that dealership you listed and ordered the mats. They only had beige and black, so I went with black since I figured that would go better with my grey interior than would beige. They are coming from Toronto to his dealership, he will then send them out to me hopefully by Friday. I don't have the total cost but he did mention there is additional shipping and duty, as soon as I have the total I'll post it up, as well as pictures with them installed, perhaps It'll help out someone else in the future looking for proper mats in a 3rd Gen ES.

Thank you very much Phil

EDIT: I just recieved the following email,

Hi, I was doing a verification on the part number you gave me ( C0320-44000-01 ) and this is for a year/model 2002 ES300. If I remember correctly you told me year/model 2001 ES300.

If you are not sure about the year, give me the serial number of the vehicle. Whit that I will be able to tell you exactly what year and model.

By the way if it is a 2001, there is no mats available for that year.

Thank you.
Phil, are you certain you obtained mats for a 2001 ES300, 3rd Generation? Is there any way you can take a picture of them installed in the vehicle?

Last edited by GoodRevs; 03-24-10 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-24-10, 12:00 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
Phil,

Your efforts didn't go unappreciated, I wish I had followed your advice sooner. The cheap mats I went with slopped all over the sides and left salt stains which I'll have to shampoo out when it gets warmer.

I called that dealership you listed and ordered the mats. They only had beige and black, so I went with black since I figured that would go better with my grey interior than would beige. They are coming from Toronto to his dealership, he will then send them out to me hopefully by Friday. I don't have the total cost but he did mention there is additional shipping and duty, as soon as I have the total I'll post it up, as well as pictures with them installed, perhaps It'll help out someone else in the future looking for proper mats in a 3rd Gen ES.

Thank you very much Phil

EDIT: I just recieved the following email,

Phil, are you certain you obtained mats for a 2001 ES300, 3rd Generation? Is there any way you can take a picture of them installed in the vehicle?
Hi,

I just called the dealer for you. He looked up my invoice from last october and the Mats that I bought from them where specifically made by Lexus for my 2001 ES300. They are a Perfect fit. Including the hole for the hook. I am not sure if they will also fit a 2002 but I DO KNOW that they are specific for the 2001 (Maybe also any other 3rd Generation LES300)

For some reason the Parts guy at the dealership got confused, but in any event, he is going to send you the same part No that I bought from him. Don't worry. Its the right mats for your Lexus 2001 ES300

Let me know when you get them.

By the way, Snow is gone here. I am just about to take them off and install my summer carpets.

Enjoy them.

Phillip

Last edited by PFB; 03-24-10 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-26-10, 11:03 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Thanks in large part to Phil I should hopefully have the mats sometime late next week. Due to some confusion I decided to compare mats from our 3rd and 4th Gen ES's to try and understand why mats designed for an 01 ES were coming up in Lexus's system as for an 02. Here's a comparison, with the 01 ES mat on the left,

As you can see, the mats aren't even remotely similar, which doesn't help at all in understanding why there's this confusion, other than perhaps the 02 and 03 floor mats are different but I doubt this. I will post back with pictures of the winter mats in my 01 as soon as I get them.

Quick Reply: Winter Mats for 2001 ES300