ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New TO CL

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-10, 01:17 AM
SiXTY6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TO CL

Hey guys im new to CL and been looking at those pictures of those Es's making me more determined to VIP mine out because here where im from haven't seen any Es's pimped out or anything just see a alot of old grandmas and grandpas driving these and got me thinking i have picked the wrong car for my early grad present until i came to CL which changed my mind completely Well i own a 2000 Lexus Es300 and all im wondering is where the hell can i get lips for this car like those from the pics i saw.
Old 01-08-10, 06:38 AM
AMAlex
Pole Position

First off, Welcome to CL! I love my ES, it's just that there isn't much available for them, but that's what makes them unique. That's also why you see more old people drive them :P They drive really nice, but with the right stiff, you can make them really stand out!
Old 01-08-10, 09:02 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

well, its been done man. lol

A few nice cars are out there, and from what i read on www.vipstylecars.com based upon the guys that did up the ES' they pretty much said they wouldn't do it again if they had the choice!

Its gets pricey, parts are a *****, but pays off when its done.

But from another point of view, its easier [and cheaper] to get into an LS400 and mod that and have it look just as bad *** with less than half the stress the ES300 will cause during the build. *just another thing i read*
Old 01-08-10, 11:00 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
But from another point of view, its easier [and cheaper] to get into an LS400 and mod that and have it look just as bad *** with less than half the stress the ES300 will cause during the build. *just another thing i read*
I don't know about the LS looking just as badass when done. I've never been a fan of the older LS look. Way to "boxy" for me. But thats just my opinion.

A VIP'ed ES300 is just ****! Its just not easy or cheap to do.
Old 01-08-10, 11:11 AM
SiXTY6
Driver School Candidate

well i know its gonna be pricey and hard to find parts and stuff but after looking at those pics makes me more determined to get this done. Also im not into the other lexus such as the gs,ls,sc, because there are alot of those down here and never have seen a es300 yet vip'ed here in hawaii and if you guys got some tips for me to get me started it will be greatly appreciated like what to start off with first like rims,drop, interior, get a new paint job or if there are any some cheap and easy mods of things i can buy and install into my ES300. Oh Yeah thanks guys for your opinions
Old 01-08-10, 05:57 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

check out L-Tuned for some nice kits. I have the Exclusive Front Lip, but not meant for the 2000 bumper
Old 01-10-10, 09:18 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to CL bro. Enjoy your car and have fun with it. My lip came from VISracing.com and they also carry full body kits for your car. Extreme Dimensions also has a kit, L-tunedparts.com, like Maxx stated has kits too. Good luck with your mods and post pics of your car bro.....
Old 01-10-10, 09:21 PM
cyco
Pole Position

Welcome to CL! Good to see another ES owner from Hawaii, be sure to check out the regional forums and say hi.
Old 01-10-10, 09:29 PM
86'ed
Rookie

Welcome to the family bro! This one's hard to mod but is definitely worth it! Visualize it and make it happen! Look forward to seeing what you do!
Old 01-11-10, 09:02 AM
mmlex1987
Intermediate

Welcome to CL. Enjoy your Es, and I'm sure you will love this site after navigating around it for awhile.
Old 01-11-10, 10:37 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

check out the hot Windom pics to get some ideas goin, Definitely some hot stuff pics there
Old 01-11-10, 11:08 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

check out vipstylecars.com

Search around for "es300" and you will see what people say regarding the car and can offer some insight.

IIRC, there are a couple of cars from Hawaii, lol. One guy on here is on Bags; no aesthetic mods.

Originally Posted by Limen
I don't know about the LS looking just as badass when done. I've never been a fan of the older LS look. Way to "boxy" for me. But thats just my opinion.

A VIP'ed ES300 is just ****! Its just not easy or cheap to do.
Sure. But amidst the VIP-inspired cars a true VIP car is a big/boxy limousine like car = LS400, Crown, President, etc.

To each their own, I would trade up the ES300 in a heartbeat for something else. Well no, i would keep it as a winter beater and get a nicer VIP summer cruiser!

The only reason i stated that post in the first place, is because it was a realization for myself in the first place.

Whats the point? You are sinking money into a FWD car, with limited product, and if any VERY hard & $$ to come by. I recall a couple members on VSC stating word for word, they would have bought an LS or GS in the first place knowing how much of pain it would have been with the ES300!

In either case, best of luck, and i too am a fan of a VIP'd out ES300, just the means of getting there are what kinda kills it IMO...
Old 01-12-10, 12:41 PM
SiXTY6
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your input guys its hard to lips and stuff for this car but its worth the searching ill try find some stuff oh yea anybody know where i can a lip kit like that green one with the chrome trimming in the windom pics thread?
Old 01-12-10, 01:14 PM
cyco
Pole Position

Haha, thats the fabled lip for the 2ES. I don't think anyone has found it and I personally believe that it was custom fab.
Old 01-13-10, 10:14 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
check out vipstylecars.com

Search around for "es300" and you will see what people say regarding the car and can offer some insight.

IIRC, there are a couple of cars from Hawaii, lol. One guy on here is on Bags; no aesthetic mods.

Sure. But amidst the VIP-inspired cars a true VIP car is a big/boxy limousine like car = LS400, Crown, President, etc.

To each their own, I would trade up the ES300 in a heartbeat for something else. Well no, i would keep it as a winter beater and get a nicer VIP summer cruiser!

The only reason i stated that post in the first place, is because it was a realization for myself in the first place.

Whats the point? You are sinking money into a FWD car, with limited product, and if any VERY hard & $$ to come by. I recall a couple members on VSC stating word for word, they would have bought an LS or GS in the first place knowing how much of pain it would have been with the ES300!

In either case, best of luck, and i too am a fan of a VIP'd out ES300, just the means of getting there are what kinda kills it IMO...
Well when your doing a "VIP" style car, I dont think performance is a main concern. So it being FWD would really have nothing to do with it IMO.

And people saying that they would have just bought a LS or GS because its less of a pain is a VERY week excuse. If people just bought cars that were easy to mod, everyone would be driving around in civics

But you are right, the "VIP" style did start with the big boxy cars like the LS. And they do look good.

Quick Reply: New TO CL