ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Newbie needs audio help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-02, 11:13 PM
jewelberry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie needs audio help

Hey Guys, newbie here needing some help with audio stuff.
Have a 95 ES300 and can't get the rear deck speaker grills off (Trying to put in new 6x9s). Are they attached with clips cause if it they are, I must not be strong enough. Looking in from under the trunk I do see some screws sticking out with square shaped bolts holding them but can't seem to turn them - are these holding the grills in place?

I am in the process of upgrading my whole audio (nothing fancy) but I'm not quit sure where to start because I am not sure how the factory setup is wired .I heard from somewhere that there is a multi-channel amp under the passenger seat...is it true? If yes, can I use it with a new head unit?

How can I accesss the speakers located on top of the dash corners near the winshield (I am assuming there are 4" mids in there), to replace them.

Where are the x-overs for the front side speakers located?

Are there any wiring harnesses available for new head units to fit lexus dash?

Any advise will be appreciated.
Replacements currently holding, not yet installed (nothing fancy-just want better quality|):

Nakamichi cassette head unit (single din)
Nakamichi in-dash 5disc changer (single din)
Pioneer 200w 4-way 6x9 (rear)
Two 4ch fosgate amps
6.5" /4" /1" tweeter Component Speakers (not bought yet..any suggestions)
Old 05-23-02, 12:21 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

What year is it. You might not have to take the grills off, but yet take off the whole back deck of the car. I just re wired all my speakers to amps, so im not sure if thier are any speaker harnesses. I know that certain year es's have mounting kits and wiring harnesses, buit I just made my own kit and hard wired my deck. If you have any problems let me know.

Adam " Lexist "
Old 05-23-02, 01:28 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check out the post already on this. it tells how to change the speakers, and how to get to the ones in the dash. let us know if you need any more help
Old 05-23-02, 05:40 PM
1loudlex

Are you changing out your deck to or just the speakers. Getting a new deck will make your car sound 3 times better, litterally. Let me know what you decide.

Adam " Lexist "

2 HE2 DVC Fosgate 12's
1 1200watt Class D sony Amp
2 Pioneer gmx-352 Amps
Rockford Fosgate Components
Cerwin Vega 6 x 9's
XM Radio
17" Neeper Aliens
Clear Front and Rear Lights
Old 05-23-02, 08:21 PM
jewelberry
Driver School Candidate

Default 95 ES300 Audio Setup

Adam, My Car is a 95 ES300. I am trying to replace my deck and all the speakers. As mentioned, I can't get the grill in my rear deck off - did yours come off easily when you replaced yours?

Also when you rewired your audio, did you find any factory amp in your car? I wondering if I can connect my head unit to the original speaker wires directly off of my factory head unit. If There is a factory amp connected somewhere between these wires I'm sure that I'll have to put in some new wires so that my new amps will not be damaged.

Also, any ideas on how I can access the speakers located on top of the front dash?

Much thanks
Old 05-24-02, 10:01 AM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

Default audio help

hey, i changed all my speakers also, and a little advice.
those speakers right by the windshield are TRUE (3) inch. it'a gonna be hard to find. the door speakers are crossed over at the amp (which is that small black box under the passanger seat)
okay. the amp we have is a six channel amp with the tweeters and the (3) inch speaker connected on a parallel.
i'm doing a speaker and amp upgrade and i have the wiring scematics if you need any more help.
same car.
same project.

have fun.
Old 05-29-02, 01:04 PM
1loudlex

At least someone knows that the speakers are truly 3 inches in the front dash. thank You!!!!!!! Anyway, I did not even change those out, I just put an l.e.d. for my alarm underneath the grills. They shine up underneath the grill and looks cool because during the day they can not be seen. Anyway I put only speakers in my car one is a component though. I have all amps also so no more factory amp.

Adam " Lexist "