ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

got an amp and WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-02, 03:23 PM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got an amp and WOW!

hey people, i just got a (4) channel (500)w amp and all i have to say is wow.
i've changed all my speakers to infiniti reference series and with the stock amp, i thought they kicked a$$, but today, when i got the amp installed to my rear speakers i was blown away.
if you guys changed your speakers (EGainer) and haven't changed your amp, you should do it soon, you're missing out on sooo much.

i said that i connected my rear speakers and not my front cause i dun know what wire goes to what in the darn factory amp harness. i got the wiring diagram from alldata and it shows the harness and wires, but the colors are all wrong.
if anyone know's what pin goes to what on the amp harness it would hecka help. wanna see what the diagram looks like?
Attached Thumbnails got an amp and WOW!-diagram.jpg  
Old 05-25-02, 09:08 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks man, what size speakers are you running in the doors and rear, not physical size, how many watts per speaker max can they take?
Old 05-25-02, 09:17 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

what year is your car? where is the amp located. oh yeah, can i get behind the air conditioner to change the light bulbs, one of mine is going out
Old 05-25-02, 09:37 PM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

whoa EGainer, whats with all the kuestions? where have you been today man?
anyways....my front speakers are 6 1/2 90w RMS componants and rear is 6x9, 125W RMS.
amp is under the passanger seat.
and about one of your light bulbs....
is it one of the bulbs in the a/c control unit?
cause one of my bulbs by where it shows the temp went out.
it hecka sucks and i took apart the unit.
sorry to say man that there is no way to access that light bulb to change it.
it's right behind the screen, there are three of them and the screen is held to the board with long metal contacts.
so....no way to get behind that screen.

if that is your problem....i may have a cheeper solution for you instead of paying $870 for another a/c control unit from Lexus.

i'm gonna go get one from this discount parts place and they said there was a warranty with the unit.

i'll install the new one, and warranty out mine with the burnt out light.

then i'll get another one.

....thats if you have the same problem as i.

mine is a '95. on my unit, there is a (Outside Temp) button.

oh...and i got my front speakers to work.

hecka kick a$$

Last edited by j2tha0e; 05-25-02 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-27-02, 11:19 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

same here, i have the outside temp button. but my bulb was the middle one, and it hasnt gone back out since. i talked to the guy today, he is going to get me an amp installed for 320$ 4 channel. he says it will push my speakers as loud as they go. i might want to get a new sub amp now, since i am only pushing my subs half way
Old 05-27-02, 11:25 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

hey, did your speakers start to distort at high sound befroe you got the amp?
Old 05-27-02, 12:27 PM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

Default distortion

ya, my speakers sounded like ****** when i cranked it with the stock amp and so i thought eww, the speakers were crap. i didn't believe people when they said that it wasn't the speakers distorting, but when i got the amp, all i was thinking was wow.

if you wanna do that thing with the a/c control unit, tell me and we'll werk out the details.

you're pretty smart so one tipi have from installing my amp. i'm not using the tweeter output from the amp. just the front main.

after installation, tell me if your door hecka rattles.
Old 05-27-02, 05:08 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

great, i kept thinking it was my speakers. i was worried that they sucked. lol. im getting my amp tomorrow morning. ill be posting some good posts tomorrow then. i might pick up some dynamat to get rid of the rattle then. ill let you know how it goes. later
Old 05-27-02, 06:03 PM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

ya, i was thinking the same thing with my speakers. but the distortion is gone now.
you have sony Xplodes or something like that huh?
whats it rated at and are they componants or coax?
thats a hecka great price for an installed 4 channel amp. whats the RMS rating on the amp?
Old 05-28-02, 05:00 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

the amp is lightning audio. he said that they would push all my speakers fine. he was trying to sell me the 2 channel so i could save money, but i wasnted a 4 bc if you only have 2 you cant fade left/right and front/back. the amp itself is 230$ and it's 90$ for labor and parts.

he gives me good prices, cause i get all my stuff from him. and if i buy it there and get it installed by them, they give me a discount

Last edited by EGainer; 05-28-02 at 05:01 AM.
Old 05-28-02, 12:50 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

alright, i got my amp installed. with every good thing I do to my car, i geta nother problem. now that i have this 600watt amp. i now am amplifying my engine noise. are you getting engine noise coming through your speakers? and, because the radio only has one out positive, and not both positive and negative, i can't connect the new amp directly to the radio. i am running the radio, through the old amp, into the new amp. because of this, i get some distortion at high sound as well. my subs have increased in power which is good, but my problems are the engine noise and the distortioin. the guy recommended that I get a new radio/head unit for my car. he says then he will be able to hook the amp right into the radio and the distorion will go away. also, it will cut down on my engine noise. how did you get rid of your engine noise if any?
Old 05-28-02, 01:46 PM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

actually, there's no engine feedback with my system. i'm sorry dood, but your professional install wasn't so professional. and what is that whole thing with there only being a positive output from the amp?
okay, i'll try and describe how i did mine.
Attached Thumbnails got an amp and WOW!-tuesday-may-28-2002.jpg  
Old 05-28-02, 07:09 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

Heard about this engine noise problem alot. I'm putting in a new head unit, hoping to find a metra wire harness kit. Am I gonna run into this problem?
Old 05-29-02, 05:04 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

i thought he did something wrong. so wait, you have the radio running straight to the amp? and why am i getting engine noise?
Old 05-29-02, 05:09 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

i think i am going to try and fix it myself. so i need to unhook my old amp and connec tthe wires straight to the new one

no no, there is more than one positive from the amp. it's the radio that only has a positive, no negative. the back of my amp has +12V, REM, and GND

he says that you are telling me to ground my high level outputs, but in my amp, they are already grounded. he says that the way he did the setup is textbook and that he has never done it the way you suggested. he says i can try it if i want, but he can't do it because he doesn't know what will happen [meaning it might break something] so now i have to either do it myself, or try and get someone to help me fix this

Last edited by EGainer; 05-29-02 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: got an amp and WOW!