ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New member (on ES Forums) 01 ES300 Coach Edition Timeline

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-10, 09:23 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
damn Tony....lot of subtle things here and there and it adds up! what a lucky girl to have her car modded when she gets back.
yeah i am pretty much a grease monkey so automotive skills is all i have to offer lolz. i hope she likes it.

Originally Posted by AndyG
New guy here also, just inherited a 1995 Lexus ES300 and the work you've done here is inspiring! So many little things you've taken care of that make the car really shine. I'm planning on using some of your ideas on mine, mainly the HID conversion.

Thanks for the post, great pics and info.
wow those are very nice words. thanks a lot. good luck with your build let me know if you need any help.

Originally Posted by olivelexus
wow, you have the nice/simple yet cleanest 3ES i've ever seen. i am inspired to make my car look half as good as yours.
thanks a lot. there is more to be done but not for a while. i plan on lowering it about an inch just to get a subtle stance and installing a remote start/alarm combo soon.
Old 03-17-10, 06:37 PM
olivelexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you plan on lowering it on? i was planning to fix up my 3ES since there are none nicely fixed up in my area until i searched all over the web for parts and notice there are little to no parts for it but now you make me wanna keep it and make it stand out aha
Old 03-17-10, 07:38 PM
Specter
Driver

carbongs: Damn ! I wish I had the skills and the ***** to do some of the stuff you have done.
Old 03-17-10, 09:21 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by olivelexus
what do you plan on lowering it on? i was planning to fix up my 3ES since there are none nicely fixed up in my area until i searched all over the web for parts and notice there are little to no parts for it but now you make me wanna keep it and make it stand out aha
thanks for the kind words. i was planning on the Tanabe GS SUSTEC DF210 series springs. they should go 2-2.5 inches down and actually increase ride comfort by raising the spring rate 10-15%. i really want my girlfriend to keep the car for a while this thing will easily last years if kept up on maintenance. if she ever decides to get rid of it i'm taking it haha

Originally Posted by Specter
carbongs: Damn ! I wish I had the skills and the ***** to do some of the stuff you have done.
thanks specter. you should see some of the things i've done to the GS. lol makes the ES look easy haha.
Old 03-17-10, 09:48 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
thanks for the kind words. i was planning on the Tanabe GS SUSTEC DF210 series springs. they should go 2-2.5 inches down and actually increase ride comfort by raising the spring rate 10-15%. i really want my girlfriend to keep the car for a while this thing will easily last years if kept up on maintenance. if she ever decides to get rid of it i'm taking it haha

thanks specter. you should see some of the things i've done to the GS. lol makes the ES look easy haha.

I had the DF210 springs and they are great. However, if you pair them with th gr2's, the shocks will wear out quite fast, maybe within a year or so. Mine wore out within 8 months. I would recommend pairing it with the tokico blues instead.
Old 03-17-10, 09:54 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PlatES300
I had the DF210 springs and they are great. However, if you pair them with th gr2's, the shocks will wear out quite fast, maybe within a year or so. Mine wore out within 8 months. I would recommend pairing it with the tokico blues instead.
awesome thanks for the info. i was wondering what i should get shock wise. now i know. but until the stockies go bad i'll have time to save up and get them when i need them it is not a necessity right now
Old 03-18-10, 08:18 AM
intermec
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Great job, don't know what else to say.
By the way lowering the car is your idea or something your gf wants? The car is great and clean, I actually think lowering may not fit the current style of the car especially when your gf is the main driver.

another quesiton about tinting your window, so you measure the size from the outside, then install it inside, right?
What about the rear windshield? install from inside as well? in 1 piece? or in section due to the curve
Old 03-18-10, 08:46 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by intermec
Great job, don't know what else to say.
By the way lowering the car is your idea or something your gf wants? The car is great and clean, I actually think lowering may not fit the current style of the car especially when your gf is the main driver.

another quesiton about tinting your window, so you measure the size from the outside, then install it inside, right?
What about the rear windshield? install from inside as well? in 1 piece? or in section due to the curve
lol the whole lowering thing is definitely my idea. when we do lower it there will also be a wheel change too. we'll see.

yes measure from the outside and then install on the inside. the rear is one piece stretched to fit using a heat gun. it is not easy to do as the tint is very easily broken if stretched too far too fast and you can get waves. luckily my uncle is the shizz and has done this for quite a few years now.
Old 05-03-10, 12:28 PM
Dose
Driver School Candidate

wow! that is amazing!

That ES looks MINTY!
Old 06-01-10, 02:07 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job Tony! Man after seeing your GF’s car I want to pick one up as a weekend car. I sometime think it is a better car then the GS

Now get her some TSX projectors and some custom fog projector. Those ES fog has great potential.
Old 06-01-10, 06:17 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dose
wow! that is amazing!

That ES looks MINTY!
Thanks, that was the idea!

Originally Posted by bigguppy
Great job Tony! Man after seeing your GF’s car I want to pick one up as a weekend car. I sometime think it is a better car then the GS

Now get her some TSX projectors and some custom fog projector. Those ES fog has great potential.
haha there will be more done later. as for now she is still up in Michigan. She just graduated with her Master's and is finishing a job that she is working on currently as well as job searching for something here in ATL. we'll see what happens after that. I have a few plans up my sleeve for it.