ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lexus body kit 3GEN.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 01:49 PM
branddz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus body kit 3GEN.

Has anybody tried using the duraflex Octan motorsports kit? I wanted to get the front bumper from it but would that look weird if i dont get the whole set? Cos personally i don't liek the back of it. Or is there any lip kit or so that would give it a "meaner" look ?

Last edited by branddz; 02-21-10 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-21-10, 11:56 PM
branddz
Rookie

bumpbumbump?
Old 02-22-10, 01:14 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a link to the Octane body kit. I have a front lip VIS Racing.com and my side skirts came from Extreme Dimension.com. Dont know if the VIS is mean looking, but it is nice, I like it. Just wonering how the Octane one looks. I'm in need of a rear lip, but hard to find, unless I get a whole new rear bumper.
Old 02-22-10, 01:43 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

^^ The one he wants is the AutoCouture Rip-off.

And for yourself, search on the forum, but Smitty had the TRD OEM Winglets on the back of the bumper. Pretty much an extension and someone is selling a set right now

OP, i don't know what you can get to fill in the rear....
Old 02-22-10, 04:34 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
^^ The one he wants is the AutoCouture Rip-off.

And for yourself, search on the forum, but Smitty had the TRD OEM Winglets on the back of the bumper. Pretty much an extension and someone is selling a set right now

OP, i don't know what you can get to fill in the rear....
Thanks, I made the guy an offer for the TRD winglet on Solaraguy.com and he said he couldnt go that low. He's asking $288.00 for the TRD lip, including shipping and paypal fee. Basically $250.00 for the lip, which I think is a little high. Anyways, he hasnt sold it yet, maybe he'll lower if no one buys it. Oh well, we'll see.
Old 02-22-10, 05:50 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by angmedic91
Thanks, I made the guy an offer for the TRD winglet on Solaraguy.com and he said he couldnt go that low. He's asking $288.00 for the TRD lip, including shipping and paypal fee. Basically $250.00 for the lip, which I think is a little high. Anyways, he hasnt sold it yet, maybe he'll lower if no one buys it. Oh well, we'll see.
Yeah, thats ridiculous. For that price you can make a one-off from another car, like he did for his front bumper...
Old 02-23-10, 12:09 AM
branddz
Rookie

Hey angmedic , for that front bumper, did it look weird without the side skirts?
Old 02-23-10, 04:30 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by angmedic91
thats insane for a used set, you can get a whole NEW bumper for that price.

BTW, where did you order your lip from? the visracing site or else where?

to the op, there are much better options then that kit.
i would go with a full kit no matter what one you chose, its going to be hard to find a rear bumper to match just because of the low amount of aftermarket support for the es. if i would suggest a bodykit i would have to go with this kit from race on usa. its pretty cheap, and i think it really gives the es a more......presentable look IMO. still classy, but with a more sporty moded look. ive had my eye on this kit for a while now, lol. just waiting on some extra funds, but if anyone is intrested in this kit PM me, i can get a better price on it.

Last edited by Pyroibw; 02-23-10 at 04:53 AM. Reason: link.
Old 02-23-10, 04:49 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Last edited by Pyroibw; 02-23-10 at 04:53 AM. Reason: double post.
Old 02-23-10, 07:18 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pyroibw

i would go with a full kit no matter what one you chose, its going to be hard to find a rear bumper to match just because of the low amount of aftermarket support for the es. if i would suggest a bodykit i would have to go with this kit from race on usa. its pretty cheap, and i think it really gives the es a more......presentable look IMO. still classy, but with a more sporty moded look. ive had my eye on this kit for a while now, lol. just waiting on some extra funds, but if anyone is intrested in this kit PM me, i can get a better price on it.
LMAO!!!

You do realize that is the same kit he was looking at? Hell, the link you posted they took the picture from Duraflex for the rear bumper and MSpainted it as Blue. hahahaaha

Fail, sorry man, i would go with option one, with the OP. Duraflex actually has a set of fog lights that fit the bumper and don't stick out and look like **** in the link you posted.
Old 02-24-10, 02:27 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pyroibw

Got my lip off of ebay, drop ship business, which got the lip from VISracing.com, it's in there old catalog online. The new online catalog doesnt show the lip, I had to email them to send me a link to the old catalog, to see the lip. Having just a front lip IMO doesnt make the car look weird at all, lots of my friends have SC's and IS's with just front lips and they all look fine. The side skirts came from Extreme Dimension. I went this route because of funds and plus I could get what I wanted, versus buying a whole kit for one price and maybe not liking some parts of the kit. This way I could shop for the best price for each piece I like. Only draw back is they dont make rear lips for the ES, or I havent come across one, except for the TRD Camry lips. I will go with the TRD Camry lips, but will just have to find them for a good price.