ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I Finally Did It! PICS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-02, 10:11 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

here's another (way) of painting calipers. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...456#post315456
Old 06-03-02, 11:46 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i took out my hood lining already, what brand strut bar? what are the specs i could use to get one myself? how much does it affect your handling
Old 06-04-02, 01:44 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

you took out your hood lining? why?? the strut bar is brandless. when i got it, it just said Es300/Camry. the bar adds about 10 pounds weight and honestly, it doesn't affect handling THAT much in my car. someone told me that's cuz i put in washers in a few of the bolts on the mounting surface; i'm a bit skeptical. i'm sure the bar would be much more useful if the car was a rear wheel drive or if i also got the rear bar also, which is impossible to find.
Old 06-04-02, 07:28 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by meZoom!
and honestly, it doesn't affect handling THAT much in my car.
I noticed a world of a difference when i put mine on, and it was some cheapie bar from ebay. It took out nearly all the body roll the car had, giving it a new, more controllable ride.
Old 06-04-02, 10:15 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

yeah i took out the hood lining, at the advice of sean. he took out all his lining, in the wheel wells and bumber and fender too
Old 06-04-02, 10:55 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by EGainer
yeah i took out the hood lining, at the advice of sean. he took out all his lining, in the wheel wells and bumber and fender too
I did all that because i thgouth the car was way too quiet. The car's still nice a quiet, but you can hear the engine and some road noise now, which is how i like it.
Old 06-04-02, 07:17 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

if i took out my hood lining, i might get a metal on metal effect with the strut bar and the hood, depending on how much thickness the lining has.
Old 06-04-02, 07:58 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

if i took out my hood lining, i might get a metal on metal effect with the strut bar and the hood, depending on how much thickness the lining has.
I've been slamming my hood down/driving with my strut bar on for a while -- i doubt youll get any rubbing.
Old 06-05-02, 01:19 AM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how to fix this. My friend has two Jacks. We need to jack both sides up and tight the nuts on both ends to pull the body together at the same time pulling down the bar.
Old 06-05-02, 08:12 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

where can i get one?
Old 06-05-02, 02:52 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

haha...where can i get one what? strut bar?? off ebay
Old 06-06-02, 07:22 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

yeah, that's what I was talking about. don't be laughing at me mezoom. jk
Old 06-06-02, 07:42 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta keep the bat handy by the seat.
mezoom,

I hope you keep a glove in your car. It is illegal to have a bat in your car without a glove. Of course putting it in the trunk is alright as well. If you get pulled over and the cops do not see a glove then you will have to do some serious explaining since it is considered a weapon. Although I do not condone keeping a bat for defense unless you live in the ghetto please take a few minutes to stash a glove in there so you don't end up in a police station.

- Mike
Old 06-06-02, 07:57 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

those are some words of wisdom from master yoda, speaking of which, how come you have the master yoda title there
Old 06-06-02, 12:11 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Hermosa

mezoom,

I hope you keep a glove in your car. It is illegal to have a bat in your car without a glove. Of course putting it in the trunk is alright as well. If you get pulled over and the cops do not see a glove then you will have to do some serious explaining since it is considered a weapon. Although I do not condone keeping a bat for defense unless you live in the ghetto please take a few minutes to stash a glove in there so you don't end up in a police station.

- Mike
I'm cool. I got two gloves a jersey and another bat, and some golf clubs in the car cuz i play baseball and golf for real. it's just that that particular bat was soooo not designed to play baseball. i got no idea why they'd sell that at the place i got it. (a major athletic shoe store in the mall). I know a whole bunch of people who bought the mini bats are not playing ball with it, especially where i live. I have my reasons for keeping what i keep in the car. I'll leave it at that!! thanks mike for the concern.

Quick Reply: I Finally Did It! PICS!!!!!!