ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

General questions about a 1995 ES300

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-10, 06:28 PM
AndyG
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question General questions about a 1995 ES300

Hey all, just inherited a 1995 ES300 with around 100k miles on it I intend on turning into a project car (going for a clean look, not riced nor donked) and I had a few questions I was hoping some of you would be able to answer:

1) Interior lighting - On this model, is there no lighting under the dash? I can't seem to find any and the only lights that come on when the doors open is the main dome and the door lights. Is that all she's got?

2) The front splash guard under the hood - Is there anywhere that stocks the little plastic pegs that snap the guard to the body/frame?

3) The headlights - They are the projection type lights but it appears the "lenses" (I guess?) of the projectors are fogged or blurry, is there any way to polish those or is that normal? Should I just replace the entire headlight? Not the outer plastic that I can restore, but the actual glass looking projector domes themselves. Hope that makes sense.

4) Lowering an ES300 - I've got new struts and shocks, thinking of ordering some B&G lowering springs off ebay. Does anyone have any experience with these springs? If I want to lower the vehicle properly, are there any other parts I should also buy to ensure the camber/whatnot isn't messed up in the process? I told a friend I planned on lowering it and he said if I did, the wheels would bow inward if I didn't use other parts in addition to the simple springs/shocks combo. Any info in this area would be good including experiences in terms of handling, suspension issues, etc that come from lowering it 1.6-1.8 inches.

That's all I got for now, if you read all that, thanks a ton, thanks even more if you reply.
Old 03-17-10, 07:42 PM
caleba1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Interior lighting - I have same model but a 96 and i believe thats all the lights but u can also run more wiring for custom leds or watever you want not that hard
3) The headlights - if you look in forums there are DIY's that teach you the bake method and explains how to take apart and bake them and clean them so they will be pretyt much factory clear again. i got same problem found it and will prolly do this weekend.

idk about 2 and 4 but i do kno my lexus low enough cause when i get more then 2 ppl in front seat of car i bottom out on certain bumbs so in my case i wouldnt but if its for looks i def would
hope this helps
Old 03-17-10, 08:30 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

1: I have white LED floor lighting wired into my dome light. 4 12" LED tubes. Front and rear.
2: Dealer or ebay.
3: I;m a bit confused, the plastic lends of the headlight or the glass of the projector are foggy?
4: I do not know much on that brand. 1.8", you may be able to get away with only an alignment, or else you'll need camber bolts. Then you won;t have any tire/camber issues. You ave new struts, so nothing else you'll need.
Old 03-17-10, 09:51 PM
AndyG
Pole Position

Yes, the glass of the projector itself seems foggy due to age I am sure. Unless they are supposed to be clouded which just doesn't make any sense at all. I'm honestly new to projector lights though so I have no clue.
Old 03-17-10, 10:42 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

I do not think they are really foggy. I think what you see is normal. I'd have to see in person. Only reason I can think that it would be foggy would be if water had gotten into it.
Old 03-18-10, 08:46 AM
caleba1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...t-2nd-gen.html
is the link to the DIY clearing up the foggy headlights check it i think this is what you need