ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Just saw two insane machines duking it out...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-10, 10:16 PM
BoostedE21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saw two insane machines duking it out...

I was driving home from a crappy movie, when I saw some HIDs coming up fast and low behind me. They slowed down right in front of me (Ka band went off) and I snapped this picture:

I know the picture quality sucks, so let me explain: Those are two of Hennessey Performance Engineering's cars - I live just down the road from them. A Ford GT, and a Lamborghini Murciélago. I think the Murc is near stock, but the GT is a 1000+ hp car. The turbo spooling sound was absolutely unbelievable. I've never seen a vehicle accelerate that fast!

Here's that exact car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmFGmIteXI

You can tell by the boost gage on the left that he's not giving it full throttle for a while, because I would imagine it's very hard to get all that power to the ground.

And here are those two exact cars again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gYcvGpG2hg
Old 03-21-10, 04:33 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Funny, it must be my age.

I couldn't make out the lines of the Lambo, but I said to myself can the other really be a Ford GT, wich obviously you have now confirmed.

The GT40, I'm old enough to remember it, was arguably one of the most beautiful cars ever built.
Old 03-21-10, 07:12 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

BoostedE21, are you in DFW by chance?
We've a white/blue striped GT that makes several of the meets in the Plano area. It's unbelievably quick.
Old 03-21-10, 07:40 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, we sure don't see much of that in Ohio
Old 03-21-10, 06:18 PM
BoostedE21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EJC
The GT40, I'm old enough to remember it, was arguably one of the most beautiful cars ever built.
I got to see an original GT40 a few months ago at a track day at MSR in south Houston - truly a sight to be seen (let me know if the pictures dont work):

The RISI COMPETIZIONE 430 GT cars that are currently racing in ALMS are based from that track, and I got to see a few of their cars in the garage:

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
BoostedE21, are you in DFW by chance?
We've a white/blue striped GT that makes several of the meets in the Plano area. It's unbelievably quick.
I'm in Houston - but it's possible that this GT travels around - I have a friend who has seen these same two cars going at it in the DFW area.