ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Ahh Crash Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-02, 10:52 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahh Crash Need Advice

Aightz ill tell u the story and u guyz can tell me my faults and stuff. Well the light is red im waiting behind a car to make a right, since the car is taking up the lane i cant really make a right till it turns green. Well it turned green and i made the turn but stopped halfway because of pedestrian walking across the walk and the van behind me swerves out of the way but ended up rear ending the left side of my rear bumper. Well we both pulled over and he gets out of the car. I know this person and we exchanged insurance or anything but i didnt call the cops since i was so shaken up. It was his fault i think, but i dunno him that well and i dont think hes trustworthy enough to take his word that hell pay for everything. We didnt wanna talk out in side of the road and things. So i got my friends to come with me to go to his house. While we were at his house he was like i will pay for everything and stuff. And so we went to a body shop to get an estimate. I got his number and everything, But since i was driving my moms car she wanted to know if hell pay if not well go through insurance. Later on that day i went to another body shop and same thing. I had to get the rear bumper replaced and labor, paint, and all that stuff. Both places were 650. So did i do the right thing and was it his fault?
Old 06-05-02, 08:07 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

his fault, yes. he was following too close is what a cop would say. you were stopping because a pedestrian had the right of way. on your part, it was bad that you didn't call the cop. now, if the other guy doesn't agree to pay, you are going to have to take him to court to get him to pay, and i don't know if you are going to win there either. if you had got the cop there, he could have cited him. if he pays, all is good for you, but next time, call the police
Old 06-05-02, 09:14 AM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it definately was not your fault, at least not from the description you gave. Calling the police would have been a good idea, otherwise, report it to insurance if the dude still doesn't pay. Good Luck w/ everything, sorry to hear about teh accident.
Old 06-05-02, 01:51 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Yeah, give em hell. I think that they are goin to have fun paying for the parts on your car if it is there fault.

Adam " Lexist "

92 Es3oo 17" Neeper Aliens, Clear front and rear lights and fogs, all xenon bulbs, Intake, Clarion Pre-Amp EQ, Pioneer Deck, 2 HE2 DVC's, Sony 1200 watt Class D Amp, 2 Gmx-352 Pioneer Amps, 1 Farad Digital Cap, Vega 6x9's, Fosgate Components, Xm Radio. IS300 Coming Soon!!!!
Old 06-05-02, 02:46 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

here is an update on the situation. It turned out he wasnt insured under the vehicle. I called my insurance company up told him the info and stuff. Theyre gonna do the investigation and what not. Here's the drawback. That following day when i took him to the body shop he and his friend was in my car. I was backing out and hit the tip of a trailer park which damaged my bumper even more. Hes trying to say that if i continue with the insurance hell prolly claim injuries from that accident him and his friend. The situation is getting out of control and he snot willnig to pay the full 650, but only 400 because he can get it 400 done at the body shop his friend owns. So complicated and shaken up about it but so far dats my story. Any advice? anybody experienced this before?
Old 06-05-02, 09:23 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

I dunno man, that's tricky, call the cops next time. (sorry betcha hate to hear that)

You probably could threaten to take him to court, sometimes that scares people into action, but if his friend owns a body shop, he's got more credibility right there...
Old 06-06-02, 07:30 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

he;s got nothing on you, you can go to whatever place you want to have your car fixed. it's usually nice to go where they would like you to, so that you can get the discount. on this deal with him claiming injuries, he wont get a way with it. i saw something last night as a matter of fact. about companies stopping insurance fraud. if they claim injury, they put them through some crazy tests and sometimes even follow them around town, just watching them act normal again, and not hurt. you should go check out this place that does for $400, see how it is. if you don't like it, then go back to the place you said. if he isnt going to pay, take him to court. insurance, will put points on the licence, try and stay away from insurance unless it gets bad. here it is... check out the $400 place, like it? get it fixed there, don't like it? go to your place. he won't pay for it? start filing papers with your lawyer and prepare for some legal battles

Last edited by EGainer; 06-06-02 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-06-02, 07:46 AM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

i was in somewhat of a similar situation two and a half years ago.....i was still driving a 91 ES250 when somone in my school parking lot rear ended me pretty good.....we went and got it checked out at two places......first of all, the lexus dealership gave us a price of $1,200 for repairs....we wanted to go with them....but the person that hit my car had found a place that would do it for $500.....this place was a serious dump cause we went and checked it out....there was all kinds of arguments....in the end....the lexus people did it....but i cant remember all that was involved
Old 06-06-02, 07:59 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

don't go to the lexus dealer, they will give you the highest prices. go to someplace that is good, but not the dealer
Old 06-06-02, 12:27 PM
aznchild808
Rookie

just fyi when someone rear ends you it is almost 99% of the time their fault (certain circumstances etc). As for this circumstance you should find the most EXPENSIVE shop not the cheapest. You want the best possible job...the other company is paying for it anyway. I have been in about 5 accidents in various cars (NONE MY FAULT) and have been through this many times. My es300 when it got rearended costs 2,000 at one shop and 6,000 at the shop I ended going to. The difference an awesome job. They remasked almost the entire car.

Some insurance companies will tell you, you have to go to the shop they want. That is bull it is a law that you can go where you want as long as it is reasonable and the shop can prove that it will cost that much to fix

SUGI
Old 06-06-02, 12:32 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

oh i know believe me. don't be going to any cheap places. but his insurance isn't paying for this... yet. dont be worrying abut the injury claim i say, he would have claimed it right after it happened. the probably wouldn't believe him now
Old 06-06-02, 01:41 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

another update on this. It seems like we are going to court. The court case is prolly going to fight his claim about the injury from the 2nd accident. I called his insurance company and nothing has been claimed yet. Well heres my question. Ive asked my insurance agent and i believe him but i want ppl here that also have experienced it to verify it. Well my question is wuts the latest someone can go to the doctors to have a check up to find if there is something wrong. I dont want this guy to be going to the doctors 2 days later because he got hurt at work or something and claimed it was from the accident u know wut i mean? Sorry im continiously ranting on about this but im only 17 and very confused and shaken up.
Old 06-06-02, 06:43 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

how long has it been? i didnt realize that you hit him again. i thought that you backed into something else
Old 06-06-02, 07:07 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

it happened just yesterday and i didnt hit him again. I backed into a trailer park thing, but he and his friend were in my car when i backed up into it. So hes claiming he prolly got injured from backing up. I know about the 5mph safety bumper thing and it didnt even damage the energy asorber. So im assumng i was going below 5mph, I didnt get hurt at all and hes trying to claim he got hurt i guess in a way to get some money out of it, since for sure hes going to lose the first accident.
Old 06-06-02, 07:53 PM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got injured in a >5mph collision? This guy sounds like an ***. Don't relent, make this dude pay. I hate ppl w/ no conscience...

Quick Reply: Ahh Crash Need Advice