ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

R/R OEM A/C Control,Radio, CupHolder

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-10, 05:58 PM
Tao Tao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/R OEM A/C Control,Radio, CupHolder

Well its that time again ^^, On how to remove and replace On your 94 es300 Lexus! step by step, i may have forgotten a few pics but it'll all make sense later ^^. Lets roll!

Step 1: Get the tools you will need, Philips screw driver, Slotted Screwdriver, or something that doesn't ruin your plastic/leather when prying.

Step 2:Around your shift **** is 4 brackets, ^^ use a tab or slotted screwdriver to pry open then cover, not to hard cuz you might damage the piece

Step 3: Alrite you got it off woot, now the fun part! taking off screws,

But before all of that you need to take off this lip to get behind the screws

Step 4: there are 2 clips inside pry them each gently but firmly itll pop right off ^^

Step 5:
Behind that you will see 4 screws i only toom the 2 tops ones but there is 4 all together 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom which ill take a pic for ^^

Not done yet, Photobucket hating me Update soon!

Last edited by Tao Tao; 04-18-10 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-18-10, 05:59 PM
Tao Tao
Driver School Candidate

i jsut noticed i posted 2 threads x-x ,continue!

Step 6:

The annoying part of how to take off the top vents, Be verry careful please, ok there alre 2 slots one on each side at the bottom you yull have to pry then inside you will see 2 tabs get a thin or small stick to lift them up, once you dont that, pry then bottom open or the top to get it out, itll take alot of time but please be patient. ^^

Step 7: Yes yoou got it off!, now you wil see this 2 screws from the brackets on the a/c,radio brackets ^^^^^ above!, now you will have to take those two off ^^, at this point it should look like this, and rememebr moving the shift **** out of the way is helpful and place the E-brake on not to roll~

Step 8: Removal of the A/c, radio!
now the same exactly bolts you did for the vents are the same but short, but bottoms ones are longer so please don't get them mixed up like i did x-x on both sides ^^

Now on top under the vent and above the a/c control unit there are 2 clips pry them off gently but firmly like always until they pop off ^^

Step 9: now you have the whole piece off ^^, now all you need is to take off the12 screws 6 on each sides 4 for the A/c and 8 for the radio.

Step 10: the brackets are off and now u can slide off both or keep the A/C abit on the clips hanging there where you took it off while you take off the clips in the back on the radio, and the Antenna cable.

Now you have finished ^^ taking apart the a/c control unit, Radio, and Cup holder.
you can replace it with aftermarket items if you like ^^, but all this work just for a aftermarket deck is no fun, took me about 1 hour just to know how everything worked by myself ^^, good luck enjoy and please be very careful with your car, once its broken it stays like that until replaced for fixed ^^

Last edited by Tao Tao; 04-18-10 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-18-10, 06:45 PM
Tao Tao
Driver School Candidate

soo um yea, i may have missed out a few info but its been a long day for me. any question about this that you don't understand please ask ^^