ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Overhaulin' the 03ES : Tanabe DF210 vs. Tanabe TNF090

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-10, 03:11 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

What kind of speakers are you running inside More? Head unit? Did you do the big 3, alternator, powerful battery? Clean trunk install, i plan on getting 2 15's in a custom box facing towards me
Old 06-25-10, 06:05 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got an Alpine IVA-D310, Infinity kappa perfect 6.1 components in the front, Infinity kappa 6 1/ inch in the rear, and an Alpine center channel mounted below the headunit.

Not quite sure what your referring to as the big three. But i have an optima red top, and a 5 farad capacitor. I had it running that way since 2005 and have had no problems until last month; i just replaced my alternator (re-manufactured Denso alternator).
Old 06-25-10, 06:11 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by funcrusher
What kind of speakers are you running inside More? Head unit? Did you do the big 3, alternator, powerful battery? Clean trunk install, i plan on getting 2 15's in a custom box facing towards me
Don't know if i would face them toward you. If i'm not mistaken, i'm pretty sure the way bass works is it needs a structure(trunk lid) to bounce waves off of to create sound. I stand to be proven wrong, but if you face them forward it kind of defeats the purpose.

On another note, i dont know if i would go with 15's. It takes a lot of mid's and high's to keep a balanced sound with 12's much less 15's. But if your that guy in Italian Job that wants to blow womens' clothes off with his stereo system then your on the right track haha!!!
Old 06-25-10, 07:16 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Originally Posted by MoreMGD32
Ive got an Alpine IVA-D310, Infinity kappa perfect 6.1 components in the front, Infinity kappa 6 1/ inch in the rear, and an Alpine center channel mounted below the headunit.

Not quite sure what your referring to as the big three. But i have an optima red top, and a 5 farad capacitor. I had it running that way since 2005 and have had no problems until last month; i just replaced my alternator (re-manufactured Denso alternator).
I just bought an Alpine iva-w203. I want to get an Alpine Pro component system up front and regular Alpines for back.

Check this out for the big 3 man
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre...e=1#Post312025

FYI, i've done quite a bit of research and have concluded that capacitor's dont help at all. I think i'm going to get a Stinger battery when i get everything started in the trunk. havent thought about the alternator yet
Old 06-25-10, 07:23 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Don't know if i would face them toward you. If i'm not mistaken, i'm pretty sure the way bass works is it needs a structure(trunk lid) to bounce waves off of to create sound. I stand to be proven wrong, but if you face them forward it kind of defeats the purpose.

On another note, i dont know if i would go with 15's. It takes a lot of mid's and high's to keep a balanced sound with 12's much less 15's. But if your that guy in Italian Job that wants to blow womens' clothes off with his stereo system then your on the right track haha!!!
Nah, i've asked like 20 people who work in the car audio and they all said if my trunk is big enough....go ahead and get a custom box facing you.

Lol yeah, i want to do it houston style. have subs beating up my trunk but i'll get an amp to push my component and rear speakers inside. you have to with that much bass
Old 06-26-10, 06:34 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Now that's an amazing ES. I wish mine looked like that!

Sweet Stereo.

I recommend though that you buy a bottle of Meguiars PlastX and polish up your headlights and foglights, they look a little cloudy in the picture.

Old 06-28-10, 10:57 AM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Megafast13
Now that's an amazing ES. I wish mine looked like that!

Sweet Stereo.

I recommend though that you buy a bottle of Meguiars PlastX and polish up your headlights and foglights, they look a little cloudy in the picture.

Yea they were really yellowed about 2 months ago. I got a kit and sanded /polished them down. I was lazy and did a S**ty job. I need to redo them. Does plasticX really work well enough to clean them up completely?

Originally Posted by funcrusher
I just bought an Alpine iva-w203. I want to get an Alpine Pro component system up front and regular Alpines for back.

Check this out for the big 3 man
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre...e=1#Post312025

FYI, i've done quite a bit of research and have concluded that capacitor's dont help at all. I think i'm going to get a Stinger battery when i get everything started in the trunk. havent thought about the alternator yet
Thanks for that link. I just got my alternator replaced about 2 weeks ago and i've had the worst electrical issues ever since. Alternator charges perfectly but for some reason my battery keeps dying when the car sits for a day or two. Wonder if a bad capacitor could drain your battery because all other accessories are completely off...
Old 06-28-10, 11:51 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Thanks for that link. I just got my alternator replaced about 2 weeks ago and i've had the worst electrical issues ever since. Alternator charges perfectly but for some reason my battery keeps dying when the car sits for a day or two. Wonder if a bad capacitor could drain your battery because all other accessories are completely off...
Do you play music loud when the cars off? I kow that can kill everything pretty quick. The big 3 is recommended before doing anything else (battery, alternator, etc) so i would take care of that and see how everything runs. I dont think the capacitor would shut down the car, its not that powerful. Take that hoe out though.
Old 06-28-10, 12:30 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Nah, the car is usually on when im playing music and lately i havent listened to it louder than average. Its weird tho, i havent had any issues until after i got my alternator replaced...

My car will start fine on a daily basis but if i leave it for about two days without turning it on then the battery is completely dead. Its as if something is slowly drawing power.
Old 06-28-10, 08:37 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Nah, the car is usually on when im playing music and lately i havent listened to it louder than average. Its weird tho, i havent had any issues until after i got my alternator replaced...

My car will start fine on a daily basis but if i leave it for about two days without turning it on then the battery is completely dead. Its as if something is slowly drawing power.
Old 07-01-10, 12:02 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh damn that looks sick
i love the oem lip kit
Old 07-01-10, 07:45 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Meguiars PlastX works great. But if you don't work it in properly, or long enough it won't meet its full potential.

If you a power drill than I suggest Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit. It comes with a microfiber towel, Plastx, and a Buffing Pad attachment for your drill. It's only about 15 dollars.
Old 07-02-10, 09:16 PM
avascon1
Rookie

Sorry I'm of no help withthe suspension but that is one of the best looking es' of that model! I like that it looks clean but still cool. Props man
Old 07-06-10, 12:09 AM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

You totally read my mind! I went ahead and bought the headlight restoration kit!

It worked awesome but it didn't exactly make them look "like new." They look about 85% better than the did before but still have a little yellow hue. I followed the directions explicitly, is there any other trade secret tip i should have done?
Old 07-06-10, 12:35 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

I used the Plastx before and it helped, but what really worked for me was 3 step wet sanding, rubbing compound, plastx, and then finally wax in that order. Mines are like new literally.

Quick Reply: Overhaulin' the 03ES : Tanabe DF210 vs. Tanabe TNF090