ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Anybody Burn in their ES?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-02, 07:52 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sheesh we have some rude people on here.

I guess there's two ways to do things... you can give advice nicely, or you can insult someones intelligence...
Old 07-03-02, 10:29 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What's a "neutral drop?"

I don't know the term "neutral drop". I searched Google, but came up empty-handed. Is that like a "power brake", only the driver revs the car up to a high RPM while in neutral, then drops it into gear while the tach is still near redline? I could see how dropping the car into gear at near-redline RPM could destroy a transmission.
I did have a buddy back in high school who "power braked" his old Monte Carlo at every stop sign
Old 07-04-02, 07:51 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

the blue nissan in Fast and the furious has FWD and has a sweet burnout in it... I know it's bad for my car, I said it was in the beginning of this post. THat is why I don't do it often, which I also said. But this time when I did it, I got it on camera, because I think it is sweet when the car is leaving a trail of smoke that is not from exhaust
Old 07-04-02, 07:54 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

square hat, yes, that is a nuetral drop. in a manual, it's called popping the clutch. you dont have to get it near redline though, most of the time, i get it to about 3k RPM and drop it, that way it wont put too much strain on the trans. but the time when after i started burning and pulled my ebrake, i was burning for a little bit of time while hardly moving. but after that, my ABS light came on for a sec, but it went back off

Last edited by EGainer; 07-04-02 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-04-02, 07:55 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by EGainer
the blue nissan in Fast and the furious has FWD and has a sweet burnout in it...
Sorry dude, but I quit watching the movie after I saw that...
Old 07-04-02, 07:56 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Red face

Originally posted by TheBigGuyRy
sheesh we have some rude people on here.

I guess there's two ways to do things... you can give advice nicely, or you can insult someones intelligence...
Or you can have an opinion. Period. :eek:
Old 07-04-02, 08:04 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

if you dont like what i'm doing to my car, then you can tell me. i know what it will do to my car if it is repetitively done, but i am still going to do it once and a while. telling me that it is f ing stupid wasnt cool. you were the only one that said something in a rude way as bigguy put it... but it's alright. i'm just posting what i am doing with my car. i haevn't heard any updates on your car lately. i will not respond to anymore negative comments from you, all it does it make us argue

end

Last edited by EGainer; 07-04-02 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-04-02, 08:33 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

if you dont like what i'm doing to my car, then you can tell me. i know what it will do to my car if it is repetitively done, but i am still going to do it once and a while. telling me that it is f ing stupid wasnt cool. you were the only one that said something in a rude way as bigguy put it... but it's alright. i'm just posting what i am doing with my car. i haevn't heard any updates on your car lately. i will not respond to anymore negative comments from you, all it does it make us argue

end
Dude, I didn't you were ****ing retarded. I said that what you did to your car was. And it's not just you. Don't think I'm singling you out. I don't like FWD burnouts, period. I don't care if you do them or if the guy in The Fast and the Furious does them.

As you may know, I drive an ES250. There's nothing I can do to this car but drive it. I'll probably be getting a new car in about a year, so I'm not going to put time/money/effort into this one. It's still running, but it does burn a bit of oil during start-up. I think it's characteristic of older Toyota V6's. Crap.

I think your car is very nice, but again, I just don't like FWD burnouts. That's all. I'm not trying to disrespect you or your car.

Old 07-04-02, 09:09 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

I don't do it often, which I also said.
Busted We see all the stripes on your driveway
Old 07-05-02, 04:12 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

nah, i really dont do it often, those are all from the same day because I wanted to get a picture of it
Old 07-05-02, 09:19 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, i was gonna post a few vids of my car, but i think i'd get reamed by everyone if i did now.
Old 07-05-02, 01:37 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

yeah sean, you post your burn and people will say it's bad. even though it's cool as hell
Old 07-05-02, 02:34 PM
Steve Barnes
Lead Lap

i dont mind too much.. saves me doing it to mine! LOL

I always keep traction control on to stop me from doing it!
Old 07-05-02, 03:44 PM
LexFather

Story....

So I am what 18 with my ES 300 manual, my friend just got a Acura Vigor, could not tell us *****!!!

We go to the local hangout and do doughnuts all night long, the best part was when we were doing em in REVERSE, almost hitting each other.

People are cheering and ***** as they are seeing to dumbies tear up their luxury cars lol..

My friend (ex friend) in my car got crunk and decided to stand up in my car out the sunroof and grabbed his gun and started shooting in the air!!!:eek:

Well, I ain't know it was him, I heard gunshots so I started driving all crazy cause I thought it was aimed at us (not us shooting)..

He was losing balance, still shooting the gun but instead of in the air, he is shooting everywhere..

It happened so fast, luckily he hit nothing but all I saw were blue lights and we both got the hell out the parking lot (which I cannot figure how we got out since we were ENGULFED in traffic) and I cursed him out so bad his MOMMA was crying for him.....

EX-FRIEND

Old 07-05-02, 03:55 PM
Steve Barnes
Lead Lap

ouch mans.. guns are scary stuf

Never ever seen one before in real life (being from the UK) until i saw a cop with one

I would seriously be pissed with him if we'd got caught by the cops!.. serious *****

Quick Reply: Anybody Burn in their ES?