ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-10, 10:08 AM
thisguy89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory amp

do anyone know where the factory amp is located in a 98 es300..if u do how can i find it? also i heard that if i put some woofers with another amp in my car..im gonna have to bypass the factory amp..is that true?
Old 08-16-10, 01:20 PM
JTS06Z06
Pole Position

Well you can use an aftermarket head unit with the factory stereo/amp and simply run RCA's to your sub amp. So they would obviously not be running through the factory amp. This would be a pretty good way to do it and you can simply turn down the bass for the normal speakers and you would have a great sounding system if you can manage to eliminate the buzzing and humming noises you will experience by using an aftermarket headunit with the stock amp. I eliminated them with the use of two noise isolators and they worked very nicely. I didnt want to bypass the factory amp because I wanted to keep using the stock tweeters and sub.

James
Old 08-16-10, 02:03 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisguy89
do anyone know where the factory amp is located in a 98 es300..if u do how can i find it? also i heard that if i put some woofers with another amp in my car..im gonna have to bypass the factory amp..is that true?
Factor amp is located behind the glove box. There are some screws that hold the glove box, remove them and the glove box, then you will see the CD changer, behine and below the changer is the factory amp. You'll need to remove the CD changer to get easy access to remove the factory amp. Couple screws hold the changer up also. I was told you could by pass the factor amp and power an aftermarket amp, then run to your aftermarket subwoofer. Or you could tap into your subwoofer wire at the rear deck and run a high / low converter to your aftermarket amp, then to the subs. Good luck bro.
Old 08-17-10, 09:41 AM
thisguy89
Driver School Candidate

i already put a new deck in my car...and it still pushing my new subs, amp and the other speakers in the car...so how would i turn the stock sub lower?
Old 08-17-10, 09:44 AM
thisguy89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JTS06Z06
Well you can use an aftermarket head unit with the factory stereo/amp and simply run RCA's to your sub amp. So they would obviously not be running through the factory amp. This would be a pretty good way to do it and you can simply turn down the bass for the normal speakers and you would have a great sounding system if you can manage to eliminate the buzzing and humming noises you will experience by using an aftermarket headunit with the stock amp. I eliminated them with the use of two noise isolators and they worked very nicely. I didnt want to bypass the factory amp because I wanted to keep using the stock tweeters and sub.

James

i have already put a new deck in my car...and its pushing my subs, my amp for my subs...and other speakers in my car...so how would i turn down the stock sub?