ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

If you purchased from a dealer, What was your experience like?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-02, 11:08 PM
StreetLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you purchased from a dealer, What was your experience like?

I purchased mine from ParkPlace Lexus in Dallas,TX.

99 ES300 Diamond White,Ivory Leather, 38K, CPO.

They actually post here at ClubLexus and have a pretty cool website with accessories, etc.....

I had about a 50/50 experience in purchasing the car. The finance guy made me wait until the other customers all left because I brought my own financing with me, and because I refused to purchase a Lo-Jack or an extended warranty. Needless to say, I am looking forward to my CSI arriving in the mail. Regardless of what I ultimately decide to write on my CSI, nothing will change. It's all smoke and mirrors.

My salesman was pretty decent, except for the key I asked for. The car only came with one key and one remote. I asked for another key and my salesman responded by saying he would mail me a "VALET" key. That would be great if I had asked for a "Valet" key, but I didn't. When I realized what a Valet key was I called him back and told him on his voicemail that I asked for a Key, not a Valet key. No response so far and I have yet to receive a key.

I drove the car for the first time after I purchased it. This was a big mistake. The left turn signal was blinking real fast from the second I drove off of the lot. I checked it out immediately and it was working so I assumed all was well. Thanks to this great forum I now know that it is about to go out. Is there a such thing as Certified Pre Owned or is it smoke and mirrors as well?

Other than this I am pleased with the quality of the car.

Your thoughts?

ParkPlaceLexus, if you see this a response would be great.
Old 07-14-02, 07:41 PM
StreetLexus
Driver School Candidate

Anyone else have a problem like I did?
Old 07-16-02, 07:30 PM
StreetLexus
Driver School Candidate

If anyone can offer some feedback it is appreciated.
Old 07-16-02, 07:45 PM
Phu
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my 2002 SC430 from Larry H Miller lexus in Utah. I had a great experience. The salesman was very nice and informative. They did not have the color combo I wanted so they had to order it. My salesman called me with every detail about where the car was, when it was to arrive, and took care of all the details. On the day my car arrived they had to put on the clear bra and put on the chrome rims I ordered, they actually asked two of the mechanics to stay two hours overtime to finish up my car so I could take it home that night. After I took delivery my salesman called me three times to follow-up on the car to make sure everything was great with the car. He also scheduled my first check-up. When I went in for my check-up the salesman came over and talked to me about the car for 1/2 an hour and made sure that the car was to my satisfaction. I have purchased from them before and received the same great service and will be purchasing from them again.
Old 07-16-02, 10:34 PM
LexFather

Dude,

If your car is CPO, Certified Pre Owned, then you have a 4 yr, 100k warrenty. Blinking turn signals fast=burned out bulb.

My delaership experience is also 50/50. Not this great exceptional experience I was expecting. Process only took about 20 min though.

I bought the 100k warrenty, I highly reccommend it.
Old 07-17-02, 08:11 AM
StreetLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Dude,

If your car is CPO, Certified Pre Owned, then you have a 4 yr, 100k warrenty. Blinking turn signals fast=burned out bulb.

My delaership experience is also 50/50. Not this great exceptional experience I was expecting. Process only took about 20 min though.

I bought the 100k warrenty, I highly reccommend it.
My car came with a 3 year 100k Warranty. I didn't think the CPO would cover a burned out bulb, as that is a wear and tear item.
Old 07-17-02, 10:39 AM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You drove the car for the first time after you purchased it? CPO or not, you should have at least took the car for a test drive before buying it. Its not like you bought it on ebay or something.