ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Kickers CVR in Ported 1996 *Check out*

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 11:35 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should try to upgrade to cvx's. they actually get louder then l7's in trunk cars, because you can fix a box big enough for the L7's to proplerly preform. they need a insanely big box, a pair of 15" L7's need almost double what my 18's need, lol. you should also try to move your amp, piling stuff on top of them can make them over heat, and hifonics amps blow enough is normal conditions.

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
I had a bagel for breakfast.
EPIC win.

Last edited by Pyroibw; 09-29-10 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-29-10, 12:08 PM
ESeries300
Driver

Originally Posted by Pyroibw
you should try to upgrade to cvx's. they actually get louder then l7's in trunk cars, because you can fix a box big enough for the L7's to proplerly preform. they need a insanely big box, a pair of 15" L7's need almost double what my 18's need, lol. you should also try to move your amp, piling stuff on top of them can make them over heat, and hifonics amps blow enough is normal conditions.

EPIC win.
dont know what your talkin bout, got myself a hifonics n that **** knocks.
Old 09-29-10, 01:13 PM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

EPIC win.
oh no, i never put anything on top of my amp, that is just dumb lol. i always put it on the side. and maybe once i am tired of these, i will upgrade once again, but no time soon.
Originally Posted by ESeries300
dont know what your talkin bout, got myself a hifonics n that **** knocks.
i concur. hits better than my oldschool Rockford 800a4
Old 09-29-10, 05:17 PM
kook
Rookie

not much of a setup but at least you're rocking some bass. I used to run a 15" Storm on 2000WRMS with the box barely fitting through the opening, it was fun.
Old 09-30-10, 01:24 AM
nine3es
Lead Lap

when someone does the big 3 on thier es, please make a simple thread showing how
Old 09-30-10, 05:01 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nine3es
when someone does the big 3 on thier es, please make a simple thread showing how
run cable from your alternator, to your battery +
run cable from your battery -, to the chassis
run cable from the chassis to the engine block

thats it, no need for a thread.
Old 09-30-10, 07:06 AM
adreano17
Advanced

Originally Posted by nine3es
yes 1 up!!
run cable from your alternator, to your battery +
run cable from your battery -, to the chassis
run cable from the chassis to the engine block

thats it, no need for a thread.
and maybe not, but it needs to be somewhere. im sure everyone knows how to do a big 3, but just not by connections on the es.....thats what we are really asking for....
Old 09-30-10, 09:56 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by adreano17
yes 1 up!!

and maybe not, but it needs to be somewhere. im sure everyone knows how to do a big 3, but just not by connections on the es.....thats what we are really asking for....
if you don't know where your battery terminals are, you have no need to even be under the hood....
Old 09-30-10, 09:59 AM
adreano17
Advanced

if you don't know where your battery terminals are, you have no need to even be under the hood....
no one said that. what we cant find is where to mount the wires. the big 3 is not a rocket science concept. we all know that, but ideas of connection are somewhat difficult. if i didn't know where the terminals were, how could i ever install an amp.....come on now.....
Old 09-30-10, 10:35 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

no one said that. what we cant find is where to mount the wires. the big 3 is not a rocket science concept. we all know that, but ideas of connection are somewhat difficult. if i didn't know where the terminals were, how could i ever install an amp.....come on now.....
theres only one place to connect to the alternator, connect that to the positive terminal, find ANY bolt on the chassis or drill a new one and connect it to the negative terminal, find any botl on the engine block and connect it to the chassis as well.
Old 09-30-10, 10:37 AM
adreano17
Advanced

theres only one place to connect to the alternator, connect that to the positive terminal, find ANY bolt on the chassis or drill a new one and connect it to the negative terminal, find any botl on the engine block and connect it to the chassis as well.
the alternator looks like it is some type of harness. could you possibly take a pic of your big 3?
Old 09-30-10, 10:40 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

the alternator looks like it is some type of harness. could you possibly take a pic of your big 3?
i don't own a camera, lol. take a pic of under your hood or find a good one online and i'll show you what to do.
Old 10-06-10, 11:53 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off a cap is always a good idea for a aftermarket sound system. It acts as a sponge and gives a constant voltage output for your system so your lights dont dim and your bass hits hard all the time. If your having rattling problems you might need to go the extra mile and use
Old 10-06-10, 11:56 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some dynamat or similar material. I run dynamat in my other vechicles and they sounded fantasic. By the way I drank some orange soda for dinner.
Old 10-07-10, 06:50 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
First off a cap is always a good idea for a aftermarket sound system. It acts as a sponge and gives a constant voltage output for your system so your lights dont dim and your bass hits hard all the time. If your having rattling problems you might need to go the extra mile and use
caps are lies, they do nothing. they cover up a problem, not solve it.

Quick Reply: Kickers CVR in Ported 1996 *Check out*