ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Kickers CVR in Ported 1996 *Check out*

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-10, 09:11 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by adreano17
nothing a sock cannot fix
lol a sock?

Last edited by ThomasGS4; 10-13-10 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-13-10, 09:24 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by A;adreano

what batteries do you all recommend for car audio. i thought optima was good, but i guess not that good

lol, you can have my yellow top....its served its purpose for last 5 years but its coming out now that im wrapping up my major audio build....

Originally Posted by Pyroibw
for your system, a yellow top would actually be ok. but if you can afford a XS or deka i would suggest that over the optima. or if you can source C&D or NSB batteries in your area there the best bang for the buck
can also use a kinetik hc1800 under hood or do like me...I'm running one hc2400 in the trunk and adding a second under hood. i also have a 320 amp alternator though plus I'm making a lot of power....

funkypupssssss!!!!!!! theres a guy selling them on ebay again, the whole CA scene is buying them up, a friend of mine is going to wall 12 of them for the lulz.

hahaha didnt know anyone knew what funkypups were on here.... we joke bout them on SMD
Old 10-13-10, 09:36 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
can also use a kinetik hc1800 under hood or do like me...I'm running one hc2400 in the trunk and adding a second under hood. i also have a 320 amp alternator though plus I'm making a lot of power....
kinetik batteries are extremely over priced. you can get a deka9a31 for 140 bucks shipped to your door witch is the exact same thing as the hc2400 that run for $300 and up. if you have $300 to drop on a battery, you can get a XS3100 for that price

also who built your alternator? is it in the GS in your photo? dose the GS have a large case alt or something, the biggest i was able to get made for my ES was 280a and its not cutting it damn small case alts.....

hahaha didnt know anyone knew what funkypups were on here.... we joke bout them on SMD
yea funky pups are joked on in just about every fourm, there the epic fail of the audio world

Last edited by Pyroibw; 10-13-10 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-13-10, 09:38 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

kinetik batteries are extremely over priced. you can get a deka9a31 for 140 bucks shipped to your door witch is the exact same thing as the hc2400 that run for $300 and up. if you have $300 to drop on a battery, you can get a XS3100 for that price
just have to have the right connections....i paid like 200 shipped to my door for my HC2400 about 6 months ago, i knew i shoulda bout 2 of them. The cheapest i can get it from my supplier now is like $275
Old 10-13-10, 09:50 AM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

just have to have the right connections....i paid like 200 shipped to my door for my HC2400 about 6 months ago, i knew i shoulda bout 2 of them. The cheapest i can get it from my supplier now is like $275
thats actually not 2 bad of a price for them. deff should have got 2 when you had the chance though
Old 10-13-10, 11:24 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scratch that i see in the link. good nonbudget brands. i trust all of them. and i only have subs, but i need mids soon. the paper isnt cutting it. my tweets work amazing though.
Yea I am actually like the stock system, of course you can get better (Alot better at that) but the clarity in the speakers are pretty good even if it is paper cone... I havent installed my jbl speakers yet. I think Im going to let the factory speakers try to keep up before I install my jbls.
Old 10-13-10, 01:35 PM
Audacity
Driver

If you're lights dim when you hit a good bass note that's telling you you're taxing your electrical system and pulling too much power out of your battery (causing the lights to dim). A cap just stores and releases energy very quickly-it doesn't create power. When you hit that bass note the amp pulls the power from the cap before it pulls power from the battery. I'm simplifying this a little, but that's basically how the cap works.
If you change your mind about the alternator check into Ohio Generator. They take a stock alternator for your car and rewind it to give you about 60% more output than the stock one. If I remember correctly the last one I got from them was about $250 ('98 Prelude).
XS Power is a great battery. but Kinetik is also top shelf.
If you're going ahead with the Big 3,battery, and GOOD wire seriously consider the alternator- it's really not that hard to swap out. This will also give you the ability to go bigger with ease down the road. This stuff is VERY addictive and I can almost promise you that you'll want to make additional upgrades later on! Good luck man!
Martin
Old 10-13-10, 04:00 PM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
lol a sock?
'
a rag lol. i didn't originally say that, someone else did. It seemed logical.

also who built your alternator? is it in the GS in your photo? dose the GS have a large case alt or something, the biggest i was able to get made for my ES was 280a and its not cutting it damn small case alts.....
a deka? how do those rank among other batteries. i never heard of them
Originally Posted by xsh0tya
Yea I am actually like the stock system, of course you can get better (Alot better at that) but the clarity in the speakers are pretty good even if it is paper cone... I havent installed my jbl speakers yet. I think Im going to let the factory speakers try to keep up before I install my jbls.
yea, they are good, but i blown one factory (go figure). i was going to get 4 alpine type r mids (2 component, 2 6x9) for 100. greatest price, but my RF amp wanted to have a problem and i had to pass.
Originally Posted by Audacity
If you're lights dim when you hit a good bass note that's telling you you're taxing your electrical system and pulling too much power out of your battery (causing the lights to dim). A cap just stores and releases energy very quickly-it doesn't create power. When you hit that bass note the amp pulls the power from the cap before it pulls power from the battery. I'm simplifying this a little, but that's basically how the cap works.
If you change your mind about the alternator check into Ohio Generator. They take a stock alternator for your car and rewind it to give you about 60% more output than the stock one. If I remember correctly the last one I got from them was about $250 ('98 Prelude).
XS Power is a great battery. but Kinetik is also top shelf.
If you're going ahead with the Big 3,battery, and GOOD wire seriously consider the alternator- it's really not that hard to swap out. This will also give you the ability to go bigger with ease down the road. This stuff is VERY addictive and I can almost promise you that you'll want to make additional upgrades later on! Good luck man!
Martin
XS? i never heard of them either. are they better than other batteries for audio? where do they stand with optima and kenetik. i was thinking about maybe an 1800 kenetik, but will that do what i need to do? or should i just get the optima?
Old 10-13-10, 04:28 PM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

'

yea, they are good, but i blown one factory (go figure). i was going to get 4 alpine type r mids (2 component, 2 6x9) for 100. greatest price, but my RF amp wanted to have a problem and i had to pass.

XS? i never heard of them either. are they better than other batteries for audio? where do they stand with optima and kenetik. i was thinking about maybe an 1800 kenetik, but will that do what i need to do? or should i just get the optima?
Deka's have been used in the audio world for years, they are great batterys. i run 6 9a31, and have no problem with running 15k+ watts daily.

XS is made by mechman/powermaster. check out mechman.com
Old 10-13-10, 04:43 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Car audio is addicting. I have my subs and amp sitting in my closet. Just installed my double din last weekend. I'm going to pay off my car and get the outside detailed before i get to work on the system/headrests/speakers
Old 10-13-10, 05:47 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

'

That is a great price for type Rs... I have always been on the fence with type Rs they are good but usually for the price I had a hard time choosing them but for that price why not... I went with my JBLs becuase they were 2ohm instead of 4 like the rs and required less power. The 6x9's? Does your es take them because mine takes 6 1/2 all way round.
Old 10-13-10, 07:41 PM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

That is a great price for type Rs... I have always been on the fence with type Rs they are good but usually for the price I had a hard time choosing them but for that price why not... I went with my JBLs becuase they were 2ohm instead of 4 like the rs and required less power. The 6x9's? Does your es take them because mine takes 6 1/2 all way round.
the 92-96 had the back speakers in the rear deck.
Old 10-13-10, 09:44 PM
adreano17
Advanced

yea the backs are 6x9 i think. but i was on the fence of even getting those because i would have to get spacers for my door, because they dont fit. and on top of that, with the spacers, i couldnt put the factory grille back on, which would have been a major eye sore. i got no responses on this thread about making it work
Old 10-13-10, 10:59 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

yea the backs are 6x9 i think. but i was on the fence of even getting those because i would have to get spacers for my door, because they dont fit. and on top of that, with the spacers, i couldnt put the factory grille back on, which would have been a major eye sore. i got no responses on this thread about making it work
Yea I agree sometimes.... really only demo cars I have seen look good with the aftermarket grills showing. IMO the factory speaker grill looks alot better or I would say cleaner. The exception I will say for that is if your speakers match the interior ie. color scheme or material than it can look really good. My friend who had a chrome theme going in his trail blazer had a awesome looking rockford set up when rockford had their chrome covers on their amps.
Old 10-14-10, 08:25 AM
adreano17
Advanced

where are you finding a deka for 140 shipped? let me know!!

Quick Reply: Kickers CVR in Ported 1996 *Check out*