ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 10:45 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Electrical Issue

1998 Lexus ES300, noticed yesterday that my front passenger side courtesy door light was on when I had my front drivers door open, thought that was odd, then I closed my front drivers door and noted the courtesy light was glowing and that the dash icon was also glowing. It wasnt fully on unless I opened the front passenger door. When I closed all the doors the passenger courtesy light was slightly on, glowing and the dash icon would slightly glow. I pulled out the door trigger and it seemed to be intact and wire appeared to be fine. I put everything back in place and no change, light was still slightly glowing. I looked the door with my remote and went to bed at 2:30am. Just after 3am my factory alarm went off and then cycled thru and then turned off. I disarmed via remote and armed again with remote and then at 4am the alarm went off. I was pissed so I disarmed via remote and left it unlocked. I have a feeling the glowing courtesy light is causing the issue. Does anyone know what might be wrong or has had this issue? This morning I went to work at the light appears completely off when all doors are closed and the dash icon appears off also. The only thing that has changed was the weather, yesterday it rained all day, first rain of the season. Wonder if water got into my B pillar and then got into my door trigger or could the door trigger be going bad. Any help would be appreciated. Seems like this car is now giving me issues, uggghhhhhhhhh.

Thanks,
Old 10-14-10, 05:09 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, guess no ones had this type of issue. Hmmmmmm, well the issue resolved the next day. It did not rain and if it was water causing the issue, it evaporated and for now issue resolved. But suppose to rain this coming week, we'll see if this happens again.