ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Conversion For Radio to 6 disc...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-10, 03:20 AM
argy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Conversion For Radio to 6 disc...

Right now i have a little problem with my es300 i have the stock tape player radio with the amplified system and the radio buttons do not identify cd at all.. i have seen other es 300's same year with the 6 disc cd changer and the radio is slightly different...... my question is.... can i switch out the radio to the cd option radio and connect a the lexus 6 disc changer module and make it work? or will the harness behind the radio that i have right now be totally different.. (as in one more harness added) be totally different when i pull that baby out of there...

p.s. where is the placement for the 6 disc that you guys have right now im running with a 12' in the back and i dont want my cd's to be jumping all over the place when i drive down.......
Old 10-12-10, 06:51 AM
Bedore
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 97 ES300 w/ the 6 disc changer, and the unit is located in the glovebox, above the storage area. You'd probably be better off installing an aftermarket headunit, but with some time and money just about anything is possible.
Old 10-12-10, 06:55 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

We need to know the year. I believe on the 3ES's the harness was available in the glovebox even if the CD changer wasn't installed. However, the CD buttons should be there.

Radio + CD Changer + Wiring probably wouldn't be super expensive if you could pull it from a car in a salvage yard. But why would you want to use CD's? A decent headunit should have an SD slot for thousands of songs vs. like 100 on 6 discs.
Old 10-12-10, 08:23 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by argy
Right now i have a little problem with my es300 i have the stock tape player radio with the amplified system and the radio buttons do not identify cd at all.. i have seen other es 300's same year with the 6 disc cd changer and the radio is slightly different...... my question is.... can i switch out the radio to the cd option radio and connect a the lexus 6 disc changer module and make it work? or will the harness behind the radio that i have right now be totally different.. (as in one more harness added) be totally different when i pull that baby out of there...

p.s. where is the placement for the 6 disc that you guys have right now im running with a 12' in the back and i dont want my cd's to be jumping all over the place when i drive down.......
Hey I have a 99 es and my cd changer is in the glove box. Also if you include the year of es your talking about its a little easier to help you out.
Old 10-12-10, 09:24 AM
argy
Driver School Candidate

my bad guys i didnt realize i didnt have my year make model on my profile. ill fix that up soon... i have a 1993 es300 .... pioneer amp system no cd no cd button and no 6 disc...

my plan is to keep it stock i already bought my double din kit and amp integration harness for the car but due to the crime rate around here its getting kinda crazy.....

if i were to go aftermarket the only thing that would go in there in my case is a double din..... din radios on es 300 look ghetto for me........

plus everything is so cheap for me because i work at best buy but right now from the looks of it i think it would look cleaner to keep everything stock....
Old 10-12-10, 07:17 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by argy
my bad guys i didnt realize i didnt have my year make model on my profile. ill fix that up soon... i have a 1993 es300 .... pioneer amp system no cd no cd button and no 6 disc...

my plan is to keep it stock i already bought my double din kit and amp integration harness for the car but due to the crime rate around here its getting kinda crazy.....

if i were to go aftermarket the only thing that would go in there in my case is a double din..... din radios on es 300 look ghetto for me........

plus everything is so cheap for me because i work at best buy but right now from the looks of it i think it would look cleaner to keep everything stock....
Lol gotta love that blue and yellow... and that cost plus 5% at least thats what it was before I left.