ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Back Seat Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-10, 04:03 PM
KevMenace
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Seat Removal

I have a 1995 Lexus ES300 and I need help on how to remove the back seats. I am installing subwoofers and I need to remove the back seats to run the wires back. I know they just like snap out but I don't know how. I need to know how exactly to take the covers that run along the floor of the car that the wires running from the front to the trunk are under. I also need to know how to take the front driver side door panel off so I can replace a broken speaker. Thank you.
Old 10-18-10, 09:16 PM
renatodato
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The back seat just snaps off. Start in one corner and jerk up pretty hard. The panel is not hard to remove. First, start with the door-latch opener. Pop off the plastic cover by prying it off to expose one 10mm nut. Then, one more 10mm bolt in the air vent. Pop off the circular air vent. Look around for anymore 10mm nut/bolt. Once they're all out, starting at the upper right corner of the panel, near the side view mirror, and pry off the snap connectors one at a time, working your way down and around to the door lock area. Once they're all snapped off, lift up on the whole panel in a wiggling motion. Disconnect all wire connectors first. Take your time, be patient and it will come off.
Old 10-19-10, 06:07 AM
KevMenace
Driver School Candidate

ok thank you. What about the panels covering the wires along the floor under the door? They just snap off I know but how do I get the ones off in between the two doors? The one that has the seatbelt. And do I start at the top corner or the bottom corner to take the seat out?
Old 10-19-10, 08:28 AM
renatodato
Rookie

Those parts I've never taken apart. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 10-19-10, 12:51 PM
donbryce
Driver

I don't know if the 95 is significantly different from mine, a 93 es300, but FWIW, I usually find it way easier to fish a piece of coathanger or welding rod/wire under the consol carpet and into the front space where the gearshift is. Once in there, I then make a small hook in the end of the rod, secure the wires to it with electrical tape, then pull the rod/wire through. This way, you're already near the headunit and don't have to run the wires across from the side at the front over to the console.
On mine, the bottom of the back seat snaps out/up from 2 clips on the front of both sides. The back of the back seat has a 10 or 8 mm screw on both corners, at the bottom, then you pull it straight up to release it from 2 hooks on the steel panel separating it from the trunk.
Old 11-07-10, 01:38 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Originally Posted by renatodato
The back seat just snaps off. Start in one corner and jerk up pretty hard. The panel is not hard to remove. First, start with the door-latch opener. Pop off the plastic cover by prying it off to expose one 10mm nut. Then, one more 10mm bolt in the air vent. Pop off the circular air vent. Look around for anymore 10mm nut/bolt. Once they're all out, starting at the upper right corner of the panel, near the side view mirror, and pry off the snap connectors one at a time, working your way down and around to the door lock area. Once they're all snapped off, lift up on the whole panel in a wiggling motion. Disconnect all wire connectors first. Take your time, be patient and it will come off.
Yeah basically what he said, I have a 1994 ES and that's pretty much how I've done it a handful of times while rerunning wires, amp kits, etc...over that decade.
Old 11-07-10, 08:43 PM
rickyp39
Driver School Candidate

I have a 03 es. If anyone knows how to do it for that year please tell me. And exactly what the bolt sizes are.
Old 11-08-10, 08:38 AM
donbryce
Driver

Originally Posted by KevMenace
I also need to know how to take the front driver side door panel off so I can replace a broken speaker. Thank you.
This should help https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...moval-diy.html
Re. running the wires, on my '93, for the Sirius antenna on the trunklid, I just ran the wire down behind the carpet side panel, under the floor carpet, then under the backseat divider. From there, over the floor under the back seat bottom, then fished stiff wire through the consol storage box (box removed first) to the back seat riser, taped the end to the wire, then pulled through to the consol box. Easy from there to the dash area.