ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2001 Es300 Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-10, 10:50 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DplanDman8
Then if your soooooo smart how much horse do you think i have?????
No more than 240hp @ the wheels - if that.

*based upon the PSI you're using and an absolute ideal setup according to the toyota charts so it can be much less depending upon fuel used, tuning, injector size, etc. Also accounting for an average 17% loss due the the automatic 5-spd transmission.

So yeah, i'm being generous with the 240hp
Old 11-21-10, 10:55 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant we all just, get along?

Old 11-21-10, 11:11 AM
KLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics or it doesn't exist. Everybody has a camera in their cell phone now, it's not that hard to get pics up.

I also seriously doubt you can get anything more than 300 hp out of a 1MZ, especially making it last more than a day and keeping it street legal.
Old 11-21-10, 04:28 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I am smart, thats why i know you have at most, 250, not 350. As lexus start to go down in price, car forums and car owners go with it. Shame because audi forums and bmw forums are the same way with people with a4 1.8t's and 325's with little exhaust work and a "CAI" saying they pushing 300 horses
Old 11-21-10, 09:25 PM
brandoe91
Driver

Yes it is possible to swap your 3rd gen es300 to standard

Transmission options

E153 from 5spd v6 99-03 Solara /97-01 Camry (1mz-fe)

or

E53 from 5spd v6 92-93 Camry/es300 (3vz-fe)

here's a few links of a write up for a camry v6 swap.Basically the same procedure for your es.

e153 with 1mz - http://www.1jz.com/camry/guide-trans.htm
e53 with 1mz - www.ratko.org

I know someone who sells the complete 5spd swap kits for the camry, es and solara.

let me know if you are interested.

i have a 2001 lexus es300 and was wnting to knw if there has been anyone that has had a trany swap to standard???
Old 11-21-10, 09:51 PM
brandoe91
Driver

According to the trd chart with 5psi pulley you would be at 287hp/293 trq. with that .5psi and your i/h/e you are probably at 300hp at the crank. solara's with your same trd sc are making 300whp at 8 psi with the right supporting mods(i/h/e, supra red top injectors, safc and a good *** tune) .So I am not sure you are at 350hp at the moment.Get rid of the automatic and you will be a lot closer.

trd chart reference
http://www.toyotalexusforum.com/clas...00-2999-a.html
Old 11-22-10, 06:01 PM
Audacity
Driver

01LEXPL - My face is red. I didn't get your sarcasm. Here I was trying to be nice about the whole subject when what I really wanted to do was just call BS!!!! In the future I'll pay closer attention to who's posting. I know you better than that from reading your posts.
Old 11-23-10, 09:08 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Audacity
01LEXPL - My face is red. I didn't get your sarcasm. Here I was trying to be nice about the whole subject when what I really wanted to do was just call BS!!!! In the future I'll pay closer attention to who's posting. I know you better than that from reading your posts.
lol, i'll try to convey sarcasm more effectively in the future.

on another note how sweet would an 80hp gain be with an intake/exhaust though!
Old 11-24-10, 03:54 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brandoe91
Yes it is possible to swap your 3rd gen es300 to standard

Transmission options

E153 from 5spd v6 99-03 Solara /97-01 Camry (1mz-fe)

or

E53 from 5spd v6 92-93 Camry/es300 (3vz-fe)

here's a few links of a write up for a camry v6 swap.Basically the same procedure for your es.

e153 with 1mz - http://www.1jz.com/camry/guide-trans.htm
e53 with 1mz - www.ratko.org

I know someone who sells the complete 5spd swap kits for the camry, es and solara.

let me know if you are interested.
Thank you thats all i needed to knw i may b wrong on the horse but i knw its alot faster then when it was stock and i am interested how much do you think this is going to run me?????
Old 11-24-10, 04:00 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brandoe91
According to the trd chart with 5psi pulley you would be at 287hp/293 trq. with that .5psi and your i/h/e you are probably at 300hp at the crank. solara's with your same trd sc are making 300whp at 8 psi with the right supporting mods(i/h/e, supra red top injectors, safc and a good *** tune) .So I am not sure you are at 350hp at the moment.Get rid of the automatic and you will be a lot closer.

trd chart reference
http://www.toyotalexusforum.com/clas...00-2999-a.html
Ya i have a 5.5psi pulley and a walbro fuel pump also Supra injectors custom intake to mach up with my model sense they realy didnt fit in the first place and i had my buddies brothers tune it because they are free and realy good at it they have everything from a turbo miata to supra 350z and even a rx7 turbod. i think the tranny is whats holding me back it would b fster i think if it wasnt automatic even though the guts of it r not stock its still automatic.
Old 11-28-10, 11:05 AM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he installed dual vtecs? Or put high performance windshield wiper fluid in?
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (01-23-22)
Old 11-28-10, 03:52 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ you read my mind
Old 11-29-10, 07:56 AM
285exp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya i have a 5.5psi pulley and a walbro fuel pump also Supra injectors custom intake to mach up with my model sense they realy didnt fit in the first place and i had my buddies brothers tune it because they are free and realy good at it they have everything from a turbo miata to supra 350z and even a rx7 turbod. i think the tranny is whats holding me back it would b fster i think if it wasnt automatic even though the guts of it r not stock its still automatic.
I think that because you have done all of that imaginary stuff to your car you should go ahead and pretend that you have put a 5 spd in it and call it done.
Old 11-29-10, 09:13 AM
NorCalES
Driver School Candidate

To be serious on the subject. I think all of us one way or another have thought about "how to get power out of this car." Realism coincidentally factors into the equation. My 2 cents follows...

Maybe in the year 2000 this was more probable, but Good luck trying to find a solara TRD manual tranny to swap it with. My understanding is that most were made with auto. ive seen 2 in my life and both were auto. I've also seen a 97-99 es300 with a manual also (it had cloth seats too LOL). you may want to get the interior parts from a manual 97-99 es300 to match. i think in california it is illegal to put older mechanical parts in a newer model car, so be advised on that. Good luck finding exact matching parts as well as most of them, especially clutches for a manual es300, are swappable with a camry (as mentioned earlier). if you were serious about the es300/mcv20 having power then you may want to fix up a solara trd instead or go ***** out and buy a solara for parts to swap. not to say it hasnt been done... somebody up here posted a superchager on their auto. and it sounded great running 4psi or something. But then begs the question... a trd solara is considerably more valuable than an equivalent es300, especially given its rarity. It would be silly (unless you found a salvageable one) to disassemble and swap what is a pretty damn good car already. Add to the fact 10 years later TRD has discontinued aftermarket parts for this solara in question (they were really the only people making crap for this car). case in point, this car was never seriously considered to be anything other than a two-door & 4-door camry with a tuxedo. i consider it a bonus to get +10hp out of it LOL.

Me personally I would stick to JDM/USDM parts only (if not available, australia has good replacement parts for discontinued japanese ones) and would most likely rather buy another car (in this case a solara trd) with the manual to fix it up. I hate when people try to customize so much that engine and tranny numbers don't match; not classy, not lexus, not appropriate.... unfortunately we 97-01 owners must take it in the *** when it comes to power... then again I have no problem running against wrx boys to 100mph on the way to work so idk what everyone complains about...

next thing you know ***** ******* will start putting wings and and blow-off valves on 4-doors....... Step up your game up people. Has anyone heard of lightweight wheels? port and polish? or NA tuning? or even maintenance? there are certainly other ways to get power other than spending it on crap (IMO).

That being said... if you are going to do it, awesome! let it be known, I'm a big fan of superchargers and manual transmissions (i get withdrawl symptoms!). Just make sure you do it right! I tend to get really embarrassed on other people's behalf...
Old 11-29-10, 09:22 AM
NorCalES
Driver School Candidate

PS... on the extreme note, I have also heard that supra injectors are swappable as well. I have even been told by camry guys that the front brakes from a sc300 are swappable to their camry (That would certainly be good news for us suspension/handling guys). And furthermore, i have a FEELING that the head/block from an rx300 engine might help out with torque too. I HAVE NO CONFIRMATION ON THIS PS STATEMENT(it is all hearsay)...

Quick Reply: 2001 Es300 Lexus