ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Very rare '00 ES

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-10, 03:02 PM
zazag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very rare '00 ES

Very limited number of ES was made like this. It's an '00 ES. Black exterior with black interior. It came with black cloth seats(much darker than it shows in the pics), no sun roof, and no leather wrapped steering and gear lever.
It does have OEM HID headlights with auto leveling, OEM 17ins wheels, traction control, 6 disc CD player and other standard items that come with ES.
I didn't realise they come in this configuration until I came across this and bought it.
Old 12-05-10, 03:31 PM
KLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard of very rare ES models with cloth seats. The "base" model of the car with no options is cloth seats and no sunroof, no leather. I've never actually seen one though. But I didn't know HID and auto-leveling headlights were even available back then.

I have a good friend that has an '00 ES, also black. He has the same wheels, but his are 16". What's odd is that his "ES300" badge is down on the taillight, not on the trunk like yours.
Old 12-05-10, 04:27 PM
zazag
Driver School Candidate

I have a good friend that has an '00 ES, also black. He has the same wheels, but his are 16". What's odd is that his "ES300" badge is down on the taillight, not on the trunk like yours.[/QUOTE]

All three emblems are on the trunk lid.
Old 12-05-10, 04:35 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Those are 16" wheels... I have the same ones i use for winter.

It is 'rare' thats for sure! Something like 2% of them we're made like that over the course of the body style from 97-01.
The black/black setup's were commonly available, merely not as popular since some people opted for the beige/grey interiors.

Also noticed you don't have the heated seats in yours i wonder if this was part of the cloth/base cars.

The no-sunroof - not sure how i feel about it. I don't use mine much but it is nice to have one those gorgeous days. Less weight i suppose!

OEM HID's are a *very interesting* option on this one, i believe they were an 1,000$ option - but the previous owner got those instead of leather for almost the same money?

Regardless, it looks like a clean car overall. And would be a great project to swap in the leather seats - i'm sure you can find a full interior for pretty cheap on these things. I just wonder if the center console is pre-wired for heated seats [if the connection is hidden]

Originally Posted by KLF
But I didn't know HID and auto-leveling headlights were even available back then.

I have a good friend that has an '00 ES, also black. He has the same wheels, but his are 16". What's odd is that his "ES300" badge is down on the taillight, not on the trunk like yours.
The HID's became available on the 2000-2001 cars. And my 'es300' badge is on my taillight - it's an American car. I noticed that all the 00-01's in Canada seem to have the lettering on the trunk as well - probably no relation whatsoever.
Old 12-05-10, 04:47 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

i was wondering about the emblem placement myself, i see them on the trunk ever so often but mine and most i see are on the tail light.

nice ride, i would throw in the leather and call it a day!
Old 12-05-10, 04:49 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Very rare, wonder what the base price when it was bough was.
Old 12-05-10, 06:15 PM
zazag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Those are 16" wheels... I have the same ones i use for winter.

It is 'rare' thats for sure! Something like 2% of them we're made like that over the course of the body style from 97-01.
The black/black setup's were commonly available, merely not as popular since some people opted for the beige/grey interiors.

Also noticed you don't have the heated seats in yours i wonder if this was part of the cloth/base cars.

The no-sunroof - not sure how i feel about it. I don't use mine much but it is nice to have one those gorgeous days. Less weight i suppose!

OEM HID's are a *very interesting* option on this one, i believe they were an 1,000$ option - but the previous owner got those instead of leather for almost the same money?

Regardless, it looks like a clean car overall. And would be a great project to swap in the leather seats - i'm sure you can find a full interior for pretty cheap on these things. I just wonder if the center console is pre-wired for heated seats [if the connection is hidden]

The HID's became available on the 2000-2001 cars. And my 'es300' badge is on my taillight - it's an American car. I noticed that all the 00-01's in Canada seem to have the lettering on the trunk as well - probably no relation whatsoever.

Same basic design for the wheels but this one is 17ins. The seats are not heated. I'm not sure if they're prewired.

I am the second owner. I can't say for sure whether the previous owner opted for HID instead of the leather.

I don't care about the sunroof and leather. In fact those are the two of the determining factors in buying the car.
Old 12-05-10, 06:25 PM
zazag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
And my 'es300' badge is on my taillight - it's an American car. I noticed that all the 00-01's in Canada seem to have the lettering on the trunk as well - probably no relation whatsoever.

You're right. The car is made for Canadian market but I don't know if the placement of the lettering has any direct correlation with the market.
Old 12-05-10, 06:39 PM
QuachmanES
Lead Lap

Those rims are most definitely 16". I have 17" IS300 rims on my 3ES, and they definitely look bigger than those. I don't think they ever made the same style rims in 2 different sizes. Check the numbers on the tires.
Old 12-05-10, 06:54 PM
diamond92
Driver School Candidate

show a close up of the wheel size.
Old 12-05-10, 07:31 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by zazag
Same basic design for the wheels but this one is 17ins. The seats are not heated. I'm not sure if they're prewired.

I am the second owner. I can't say for sure whether the previous owner opted for HID instead of the leather.

I don't care about the sunroof and leather. In fact those are the two of the determining factors in buying the car.
Those are 16" rims... I have the same ones. That was the biggest size wheel that came on the ES300's from Lexus. The 17"+ sizes began to show up on the IS300/GS300[from later years]

Originally Posted by zazag
You're right. The car is made for Canadian market but I don't know if the placement of the lettering has any direct correlation with the market.
So, it's a Canadian car?
Old 12-05-10, 08:20 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet! Always like rare ones with the different options on any car
Old 12-05-10, 08:58 PM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

omg, thats amazing i wish i did'nt have a sunroof.... like my leather though....
Old 12-06-10, 11:03 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Very cool, and very surprising that there are HID's on there, that was a $500 option back then. Must have been a very specific custom order.
Old 12-06-10, 01:18 PM
KLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious why some of you don't want a sunroof. I open mine all the time, I love it. I won't buy another car without one. Heck, I'm swapping a factory sunroof from an old 4Runner into the roof of my pickup truck!

I can understand not wanting leather, it can be a nuisance to maintain and looks awful as it gets older.

Quick Reply: Very rare '00 ES