ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1994 lexus es300 sound system specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-10, 01:32 PM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 lexus es300 sound system specs

I'm looking for information on the 94 es300 premier sound system, specifically the specs on the amp and what it powers. Thanks
Old 12-14-10, 05:34 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

im not positive if yours is the same as a 93, but my 93 has a 6 channel amp under the passenger seat that powers two 6x9's in the back deck, two 6's in the front doors, and the last two channels power the 3.5's in the dash and the tweeters in the mirror covers on the doors. it says 4 ohm per channel but does not say the wattage. i have the wire guide for the amp if you need it.

i just changed my doors out with Pioneer TS-A1702C components. they sound amazing compared to the 17 year old oem pioneers. i plan on changing the 3.5" dash to PIONEER TS-A878 and the rear deck 6x9's to PIONEER TS-A933P in the next couple weeks.
Old 12-17-10, 09:25 AM
mattymo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot for the reply. I checked on crutchfield.com and its saying 94 es300's have 6.5's in the front door, so maybe 93 and 94 have different setups? The mid and tweet are blown in my car (the third speaker is still working) and I want to replace it with a new set of components. Wasn't sure if I needed to buy an amp to power them or not.
Old 12-30-10, 10:33 AM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

nine3es, could you offer me any advice on how to replace the 3-ways with a new set of components? specifically where the old crossover is and how to disable the 3.5" in the dash? also where to mount the new crossovers? thanks
Old 01-01-11, 10:09 AM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ninefo
nine3es, could you offer me any advice on how to replace the 3-ways with a new set of components? specifically where the old crossover is and how to disable the 3.5" in the dash? also where to mount the new crossovers? thanks
the speakers are 20 watts per channel. max. if you are saying 3 ways for the door speakers than remove og tweeter, and speaker. use the mount. 3.5 in the dash, just remove old amp, and leave them in there. with no power, it won't do any harm. either mount the crossover inside of the door or on the outside in the door pocket under your light. i think i will do a tutorial when i do mine in a week or so.
Old 01-01-11, 11:56 AM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adreano17
the speakers are 20 watts per channel. max. if you are saying 3 ways for the door speakers than remove og tweeter, and speaker. use the mount. 3.5 in the dash, just remove old amp, and leave them in there. with no power, it won't do any harm. either mount the crossover inside of the door or on the outside in the door pocket under your light. i think i will do a tutorial when i do mine in a week or so.
cool, thanks. whats the best way to get the speaker wire from the crossover to the deck? also, do you have the wiring diagram handy?
Old 01-01-11, 03:32 PM
adreano17
Advanced

cool, thanks. whats the best way to get the speaker wire from the crossover to the deck? also, do you have the wiring diagram handy?
running the speaker wire through the rubber boot to protect it from weather. in the footwell, and there should be some openings in the center console. that is how i ran my RCAs to the my amp in the trunk. i dont have a wiring diagram. are you using factory deck? harnesses usually have color code instructions with it.
Old 01-01-11, 05:38 PM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

running the speaker wire through the rubber boot to protect it from weather. in the footwell, and there should be some openings in the center console. that is how i ran my RCAs to the my amp in the trunk. i dont have a wiring diagram. are you using factory deck? harnesses usually have color code instructions with it.
no, i have an aftermarket deck. i havent looked at the harnesses too closely so im not sure about the color codes. i checked about running the crossover speaker wires through the boot but i dont see how to get them through. theres no space, and all the wires running through the boot are all bundled and tangled together. any advice?
Old 01-01-11, 09:04 PM
adreano17
Advanced

no, i have an aftermarket deck. i havent looked at the harnesses too closely so im not sure about the color codes. i checked about running the crossover speaker wires through the boot but i dont see how to get them through. theres no space, and all the wires running through the boot are all bundled and tangled together. any advice?
just cram them through. although alot of people have the same make and model of cars, every car has different voids. once you get comfortable with the area something will break through.
Old 01-02-11, 09:18 PM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

just cram them through. although alot of people have the same make and model of cars, every car has different voids. once you get comfortable with the area something will break through.
cramming it through wont work just because there isnt hardly a milimeter of space to spare in the boot. i thought about running a wire through and fishing it through the boot, but what i thought might be better is just splicing new speaker wire off from where the old speaker wire connects in its harness down on the left side of the footwell. does that make sense?
Old 01-02-11, 09:36 PM
adreano17
Advanced

cramming it through wont work just because there isnt hardly a milimeter of space to spare in the boot. i thought about running a wire through and fishing it through the boot, but what i thought might be better is just splicing new speaker wire off from where the old speaker wire connects in its harness down on the left side of the footwell. does that make sense?
yes it makes sense, but not a good idea. the factory wires used for the sound system are not speaker wire, there are signal wire. you best bet to get the best performance out of you aftermarket equipment would be to run brand new speaker wire.
Old 01-03-11, 08:19 AM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

alrighty, sounds good. i will try to fish that wire through.
Old 01-04-11, 05:47 PM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

after closer inspection, fishing the wires is just not an option. theres no space. the only way seems to be to splice the speaker wire from the opposite side like i originally planned. could you explain to me the difference between speaker wire/signal wire and why it wouldnt be a good idea to splice from it?
Old 01-05-11, 09:53 AM
adreano17
Advanced

after closer inspection, fishing the wires is just not an option. theres no space. the only way seems to be to splice the speaker wire from the opposite side like i originally planned. could you explain to me the difference between speaker wire/signal wire and why it wouldnt be a good idea to splice from it?
read this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vOEZlF5...kers_wire.html
Old 01-05-11, 09:09 PM
ninefo
Driver School Candidate

so basically i could be compromising the sound of my speakers by utilizing the existing wire? even so it still seems like its a better alternative than no sound at all. im open to suggestions on how to get a new set of wires through a jam-packed boot.

Quick Reply: 1994 lexus es300 sound system specs