ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

es250, engine swapping??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-02, 04:25 PM
blitz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default es250, engine swapping??

hello,

i just got es250 and so far i like it....
i would like to know if i can swap 90 supra TT auto 5 sp. engine.
otherwise, what other engines i can swap?

thnx.
Old 08-08-02, 06:24 PM
1994es300
Rookie

HAH.
That is some wishful thinking.
Why would you do that?
If you could drop a Supra engine in an ES and make it work it would be amazing - however you probably would run into way too many complications - like converting from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive.
If you want a supra engine I advise you to buy a supra.
its not worth the effort to swap engines.
Old 08-08-02, 08:13 PM
blitz
Pole Position

i know.....

i was just curious about that engine swapping....

that's right...it's better to get a supra..hehehe
Old 08-09-02, 08:50 AM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

Hey Josh,

i just wanna say that you have a beautiful ES..... i also think the rims are incredible, what are those called? That color isnt just the typical pearl white with gray bottom is it? I have seen only a couple of ES's that color, therefore im betting they are kinda rare.
Old 08-09-02, 12:03 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also was wondering about that sharp color. It looks too silver to be Diamond White Pearl, but it doesn't have the pink tint of the Shadow Rose Quartz. I've never seen an ES of that body style in a pure silver (which was my first choice of color, so I went with black, my 2nd). I once saw on Edmunds that the ES was offered in a color called Alpine Silver Metallic, perhaps that is it.
The rims look like chromed versions of the polished aluminum ones from the '96 Coach Edition (Blux, correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 08-09-02, 12:52 PM
blux
Pole Position

Yeah thoes are the same wheels I have, except they are chrome. Mine are just polished aluminum. Although they kinda look chrome. Mabye mine were chrome at a time? I have never seen wheels like his before. Only the usual es300 chromes.
Old 08-09-02, 02:19 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

That's probably the only tasteful spoiler I've ever seen on an ES..... where did you get that and how much was it?

WOOOOo we got off subject FAST didn't we....
Old 08-09-02, 03:01 PM
1994es300
Rookie

Wow. Thanks for all the compliments guys.
First of all I bought my Lex only a little more than a year ago so there are some details I am not sure of.

I dont know what the exact color is called but it is similar but slightly different to other ES300's.
It is a pearlish white on top and silver on the bottom
However in certain lighting conditions it is difficult to tell that it is 2 tone. Alpine Silver Metallic does seem like it would be a fitting name for the color scheme of this car so that is probably what it is.
The previous owner had the spoiler put on so I dont know what kind it is but it does look good.
The rims were also on the car when I bought it.
I thought they were stock rims at first but I quickly found out that I have never seen them on another ES. THey are very chrome and shine nice but the style of them looks like they came off a different model lex. They still have the Lexus logo centercaps on them so thats what leads me to believe they are lexus rims but I could be wrong.
sorry for not knowing these details, I wish I could let you guys know but thanks for all the compliments - I really apprectiate them.

Here is a closeup of one of my rims....
Attached Thumbnails es250, engine swapping??-my-rims.jpg  
Old 08-10-02, 08:07 PM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

wow.....i wonder how hard those rims are to come by......and how much they would cost.....any of you think i would have a chance of finding those for sale somewhere?
Old 08-10-02, 11:25 PM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Josh's car is a '94 anniversary edition ES. It was a limited edition built in late '94 to commemorate the 5th anniversary of Lexus cars being sold in America. There was an anniversary edition LS as well.

Those wheels are unique to the anniversary edition car, but the previous owner must have had them chrome plated; they were regular alloy wheels before. I forgot what the name of that color was, but I think its some kind of silver...if I remember the name I'll post it.

Josh, you got a great looking car, but you better change those BS performance numbers you got posted at sounddomain.....

EDIT: I think the car's color is Opal, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Nabeel; 08-10-02 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 01:55 AM
1994es300
Rookie

oh yeah,
I was just messing around with those numbers @ sounddomain. I never looked up the real stats so I just threw up some bs numbers for fun...
I am more in favor of making my ES a "show car as opposed to a go fast car.
Hey Nabeel thanks for that info on the car.
I guess my ES is cooler than I thought.

Last edited by 1994es300; 08-11-02 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 04:38 AM
robbsneak
Pole Position

Question ES250!!??..

Are ya hard up for cash?,.... if not playa,.. trade that bad boy in for something a liitle newer!,... im sure youll be happy!
Old 08-11-02, 06:41 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: ES250!!??..

Originally posted by robbsneak
Are ya hard up for cash?,.... if not playa,.. trade that bad boy in for something a liitle newer!,... im sure youll be happy!
You hate on the ES250 quite a lot, don't you?
Old 08-11-02, 08:22 AM
blux
Pole Position

I was thinking that thoes wheels must have been chrome plated, but I didnt want to say it because I wasnt sure...HEHE nice rims man, I should get mine chrome plated!
Old 08-11-02, 12:20 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one thing i was looking at about the wheels that leads me to believe they are not factory. first, they look like old LS wheels sort of. Second, the way the center cap is, lexus has always made their center caps extend out to the lugs. This one does not have that. I believe this is an aftermarket wheel that has changeable center pieces so that it can look factory. The wheels look nice yes, but i don't think they are factory

Quick Reply: es250, engine swapping??