ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

PLEASE HELP!!!! Problem when starting car while its warm.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 12:01 PM
mel4687
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!!! Problem when starting car while its warm.

so i recently purchased a 92 es300 with 145k for $1500 pretty good deal i thought until i felt that the clutch needed changing but n e ways after 5 days of having it the check engine light came on and i took it to my mechanic to hook it up to the computer what came up was ...... 21 left main O2 sensor circuit, two days later i went to work no problems after 3 hours i went to my car started it up n i felt a rough idle and a lot of loss of power and when for example i put it in 5th going kinda slow the car shakes violently but after it eventually passes 2000rpm shaking gets a lot less but doesn't completely stop. the next cold morning started it up n NOTHING everything normal even after it warmed up and running for about an hour but after quickly turning it off and turning it back on it started doing it again it seems that it only does it when i start the car when its already warm............another thing u know when u need a new clutch when u floor it it over revs n u have to ease off the gas pedal so u feel it fall back into gear but, when its doing this "problem" i floor it n it doesn't over rev or nothing the clutch feels great but when its "normal" the clutch feels like ****......i checked the front three spark plugs (cuz they're the easiest to get too) when i take out the rubber thing that goes down to the spark plug u could feel the engine go down a lil but for the one all the way to the right i took out the rubber thing n felt no change on the engine unlike the other two i changed the spark plug n nothing i could hear the clicking when i pull the thing out so i know its working but yea no change in the engine when i pull it out or put it in lol please help does n e one else have a similar problem.