ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Es300 performance chips???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 08:49 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Just remember, a better running well maintained stock engine will run better and have more power then a neglected "modified" engine. For the person who is 17 jut spend the money on oil changes filters ect. oem parts preferably. Im the same age as you and want a more powerful car to, but with the money i have i rather just keep it running the way it should than to change things
Old 01-27-11, 08:52 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ASG14
Dp, do yourself a favor and before you do anything, just read up on the forum and pay attention to what the senior members say. Many people your age don't know jack **** (no offense to you), and destroy thier car. I have to rebuild my 17 year old friend's 240SX engine this summer, because all he wanted was more power, and wouldn't listen. Needless to say, engine go bye bye, and he learned a HARD lesson, thats sadly vary expensixe as well.

Don;t be like the rest of the kids your age. Learn BEFORE you do, not after.
thanks and non taken but how am i soposed to knw who the seniors are and who to tlk to about this stuff??
Old 01-27-11, 09:03 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll pick it up soon enough. Just read up every day, that is the best way to learn. Read the DIY's (Do It Yourself's). You'll see who knows what thier talking about before you know it.

And Gray above gave some really good advice. I actually have ahighly modded car, and I can still get better MPG then many people with a 100% stock car. Take care of the car before anything else.
Old 01-27-11, 10:52 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Good advice!^^^^^ Dman8 sounds like your going to be just fine. This site is filled with great people with lots of knowledge... use the search Tab and you can pretty much find an answer to just about anything and if not start a thread and you'll get someone who knows something.
Old 01-28-11, 01:51 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

You'll pick it up soon enough. Just read up every day, that is the best way to learn. Read the DIY's (Do It Yourself's). You'll see who knows what thier talking about before you know it.

And Gray above gave some really good advice. I actually have ahighly modded car, and I can still get better MPG then many people with a 100% stock car. Take care of the car before anything else.
thanks alot man what exactly do you have don to your car??

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
Good advice!^^^^^ Dman8 sounds like your going to be just fine. This site is filled with great people with lots of knowledge... use the search Tab and you can pretty much find an answer to just about anything and if not start a thread and you'll get someone who knows something.
Thanks to you too
Old 01-28-11, 03:56 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228043...y-xle-sedan-4d
Old 01-28-11, 04:23 PM
dcapo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Ok, I'm SICK of people saying the Camry/ES is not made for Performance and to buy another car. (No, thats NOT directed at you, just I hear it all the time, ugh. You have no idea). I'm doing 228whp and daily drive mine, and goign for around 300-350whp as an end point. My friend has 600whp in his '94 and going for 1000whp, and drives it all the time, and I have other friends around the 300whp mark that daily drive thiers.

With that being said, dcapo is right about the chips, they are useless on our cars, and none work. Just like those 'electic" superchrgers and turbo's on Ebay. You want performance, you gotta pay to play. Suspension and brakes, there are pretty well priced options to upgrade that though.
but i guess i shouldve added "imo" lol but ill rephrase that as I just dont see many 3rd gen ES300 not camry modified. but ive seen alot of more common solaras/2nd gen camry race cars on the track before. note that i did mention the sc, i do understand that the 1mf has alot of potential. but never said it was impossible for it to be race-track modified even tho the majority of people are unaware or they are of it and choose not too. so enough said. IMO

@ DplanDman8
all depends on your preference on weather, u want to mod it and go that extra mile for it. or are just looking for a few ponies as a small upgrade? got money to blow? but yeh follow ASG14's advice, he's the real expert on the performance side, he seems to know what he talking about it.
Old 01-28-11, 04:38 PM
dcapo
Driver

^ I'm doing 228whp and daily drive mine, and goign for around 300-350whp as an end point. My friend has 600whp in his '94 and going for 1000whp, and drives it all the time, and I have other friends around the 300whp mark that daily drive thiers.
do keep us updated. lots of luck to u. will definitely follow up. but if i do get a better car like an is250/350 then i'd luv to modify my es in put up in showcase. my plan is to get a lil runner like a awd tsi or gst then ill leave it as is. btw how much was the sc?
Old 01-28-11, 05:14 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone mentioned about a Weapon-R intake, just be careful, might have issues with the CEL. I had a Weapon-R intake for the past year and have had CEL issues since. I have resorted going back to the stock OEM filter box to see if this solves my CEL issue. I kept getting a P0171 CEL, system running to lean, bank 1. In doing research it appears the 3rd Gen ES300 with the 1MZ-FE engine is very sensitive to too much air going into the intake system. I even bought a new MAF sensor and that didnt even resolve the issue. Anyways, I put back the stock OEM intake and so far so good. Im assuming the design of the Weapon-R intake and the location of the three hoses on the side dont pass airflow by the MAF sensor causing lean issues. Oh well, if that is the case, I will be selling my Weapon-R intake.
Old 01-28-11, 05:29 PM
dcapo
Driver

@ angmedic91
yeh same here bro, i removed the whole stock intake system side plastic hose/ along with the air box/resonator. now also have put it back all together to pass smog and the code p0171 is gone.

@ ASG14 - how about the intake mod in the stock airbox. u get the same code? or other codes for your mods?
Old 01-29-11, 08:20 AM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

I'll post pics of my intake later, as PhotoBucket is blocked at worked. No CEL. I don;t think anyone gets a CEL on a 92-96 Camry/ES300 for an intake.

My car for those of you interested:
'96 Camry XLE V6 Auto
ES300 front end swap w/HID's and painted housings
TRD SC @ 6PSI (Tuned by Tony The Tiger @ Dyna Motorsports in North York, ON, then my POS SAFC broke)
OBX headers/y-pipe
Custom intake
Custom tranny mount (replaces the strut one)
TRD springs and RSB
Rear ES300 brakes (3/4 in bigger then the Camry's) and front supra TT rotors with stock Twin Piston calipers

Will be buying a 2MZ-FE engine soon if I can to swap in as my current 1MZ is getting worn, then building the 1MZ up, using the 2MZ intake cams, and building the tranny. Hoping for an end result of 300-350whp with the Auto.

Right now I;m working on a custom 1 off BBK front/rear for my '95 Corolla. I'm dead broke......
Old 01-29-11, 09:51 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Ugh, its too cold out, otherwise i'd show you pics of my hacked up airbox 'mod' CEL-free.

Doesn't gain ****, but sounds a lot better once you lose half the airbox, aka resonator.

I gotta re-do mine this spring.

Best best is to cut the bottom of the airbox out, always sounds like an intake without the CEL BS. And you can always glue the bottom back on. Or bore out the hole and fit an intake piece [i did this]
Old 01-29-11, 10:05 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dcapo
but i guess i shouldve added "imo" lol but ill rephrase that as I just dont see many 3rd gen ES300 not camry modified. but ive seen alot of more common solaras/2nd gen camry race cars on the track before. note that i did mention the sc, i do understand that the 1mf has alot of potential. but never said it was impossible for it to be race-track modified even tho the majority of people are unaware or they are of it and choose not too. so enough said. IMO

@ DplanDman8
all depends on your preference on weather, u want to mod it and go that extra mile for it. or are just looking for a few ponies as a small upgrade? got money to blow? but yeh follow ASG14's advice, he's the real expert on the performance side, he seems to know what he talking about it.
i just want few ponies lol not too much just enough to get up an go faster than stock!!

@angmedic91 ya i ordered one last week it should b here some time this week!! and discribe the prb. and code error you were haveing idk much about that stuff and when i get it what can i do to not get that code

@01LEXPL can you upload some pics and discribe how to fix it more to not get the code?
Old 01-29-11, 10:18 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm not taking the car apart in -20 celsius weather with half a foot of snow. Sorry.
Old 01-29-11, 03:38 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

^ LOL! You have the cold and WE have the snow. :-P 150cm+ this month! And more coming next week.

Quick Reply: Es300 performance chips???