ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Es300 performance chips???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 12:30 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Es300 performance chips???

hi i have a 2001 es300 and was wanting to knw wht r the best chips for it and wich ones gives the best performance!!!!!
Old 01-27-11, 04:59 PM
dcapo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are no chips that im aware off, unless custom, but why would u want it for the es.
if talking about the ones on ebay, forget about it, its real junk so dont even bother. the es was not made for performance, so parts are very limited, if u want performance, get a gs, u will have more upgrade capabilities, like, throw a supra 2jz motor in it. basic mods for basically any engine (lawnmower, scooter, car, whatever) u can do tho is muffler, bigger exhaust piping, and intake to start off with. how about a supercharger? trd makes it for the 1mf-ze.
Old 01-27-11, 05:09 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Ok, I'm SICK of people saying the Camry/ES is not made for Performance and to buy another car. (No, thats NOT directed at you, just I hear it all the time, ugh. You have no idea). I'm doing 228whp and daily drive mine, and goign for around 300-350whp as an end point. My friend has 600whp in his '94 and going for 1000whp, and drives it all the time, and I have other friends around the 300whp mark that daily drive thiers.

With that being said, dcapo is right about the chips, they are useless on our cars, and none work. Just like those 'electic" superchrgers and turbo's on Ebay. You want performance, you gotta pay to play. Suspension and brakes, there are pretty well priced options to upgrade that though.
Old 01-27-11, 05:36 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Yeah, just sell it and buy an IS300/GS

/thread
Old 01-27-11, 07:14 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dcapo
there are no chips that im aware off, unless custom, but why would u want it for the es.
if talking about the ones on ebay, forget about it, its real junk so dont even bother. the es was not made for performance, so parts are very limited, if u want performance, get a gs, u will have more upgrade capabilities, like, throw a supra 2jz motor in it. basic mods for basically any engine (lawnmower, scooter, car, whatever) u can do tho is muffler, bigger exhaust piping, and intake to start off with. how about a supercharger? trd makes it for the 1mf-ze.
Thanks but dang no chips?? that realy blows i have a flowmaster super40 series muffler and i have a 4in tip but also ive taken the rezinator off "idk if i spelled that right" and put a sleave in its place and ive got sprint lowering springs but my back struts keep clicking every time i hit a bump!! and they dnt make a supercharger that fits mine i think mine is the second generation but thanks though and one more question how big of an exhaust pipe can i get without messing with the back pressure???
Old 01-27-11, 07:16 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ASG14
^ Ok, I'm SICK of people saying the Camry/ES is not made for Performance and to buy another car. (No, thats NOT directed at you, just I hear it all the time, ugh. You have no idea). I'm doing 228whp and daily drive mine, and goign for around 300-350whp as an end point. My friend has 600whp in his '94 and going for 1000whp, and drives it all the time, and I have other friends around the 300whp mark that daily drive thiers.

With that being said, dcapo is right about the chips, they are useless on our cars, and none work. Just like those 'electic" superchrgers and turbo's on Ebay. You want performance, you gotta pay to play. Suspension and brakes, there are pretty well priced options to upgrade that though.
i wish i had a older model so i could get a supercharger but i dnt and im not made of money you knw?? im only 17 and i dnt make that much!! any mods that i can do thatll help with any torque or horsepower???
Old 01-27-11, 07:19 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Honestly, unless your willing tp put in some money, your not goign to gail much, if anything. Intake and exhaust, you'll gain some high end power, but loose low end.

As for clunking in the rear:
1: Sway Bar Links
2: Sway Bar Bushings
3: Strut Mounts (very likely if they were not replaced when springs were changed)
Old 01-27-11, 07:26 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ASG14
Honestly, unless your willing tp put in some money, your not goign to gail much, if anything. Intake and exhaust, you'll gain some high end power, but loose low end.

As for clunking in the rear:
1: Sway Bar Links
2: Sway Bar Bushings
3: Strut Mounts (very likely if they were not replaced when springs were changed)
cool thanks soo then sense i didnt replace the strut you think it might be to big?? because every bump i hit the strut itself moves up about a 1/4in an then clicks back down!! an the sway bar may cause it to do that??
Old 01-27-11, 07:35 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DplanDman8
i wish i had a older model so i could get a supercharger but i dnt and im not made of money you knw?? im only 17 and i dnt make that much!! any mods that i can do thatll help with any torque or horsepower???
No. 10char
Old 01-27-11, 07:42 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
No. 10char
what are you sayn no for???
Old 01-27-11, 08:01 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

what are you sayn no for???
with any torque or horsepower???
Given your circumstance and the car there isn't anything 'cheap' you can buy to make it 'moar horsepowerz'.

So keep it stock and do maintenance is the best thing you can do.

... Or you can be a typical 'boy toy racer', install some ****ty hacked intake and trigger a bunch of CEL's making the car run like a pos, etc.
Old 01-27-11, 08:19 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL

Given your circumstance and the car there isn't anything 'cheap' you can buy to make it 'moar horsepowerz'.

So keep it stock and do maintenance is the best thing you can do.

... Or you can be a typical 'boy toy racer', install some ****ty hacked intake and trigger a bunch of CEL's making the car run like a pos, etc.
lol ya its stock except for exhaust and suspension and ive already orderd a secret weapon intake now is that a hacked intake
Old 01-27-11, 08:23 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Lol this car is going to be a good lesson for life... as you are probably getting the feeling of there often isnt a "quick fix" which is going to be successful. You have to put the time and effort or in this case money to get great results. Cheap is great but a lexus isnt cheap. Pursuit of Perfection.
Old 01-27-11, 08:27 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
Lol this car is going to be a good lesson for life... as you are probably getting the feeling of there often isnt a "quick fix" which is going to be successful. You have to put the time and effort or in this case money to get great results. Cheap is great but a lexus isnt cheap. Pursuit of Perfection.
ya i knw nothing is ever cheap on a lexus ive already dumpd atleast 2k on computer being messd up and blown seals on tranny and oil pan and new tires an battery and fuil pump
Old 01-27-11, 08:33 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Dp, do yourself a favor and before you do anything, just read up on the forum and pay attention to what the senior members say. Many people your age don't know jack **** (no offense to you), and destroy thier car. I have to rebuild my 17 year old friend's 240SX engine this summer, because all he wanted was more power, and wouldn't listen. Needless to say, engine go bye bye, and he learned a HARD lesson, thats sadly vary expensixe as well.

Don;t be like the rest of the kids your age. Learn BEFORE you do, not after.

Quick Reply: Es300 performance chips???