ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

One bad day

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-02 | 07:06 PM
LunaR
Driver

Default One bad day

Yesterday the most heart breaking thing happened to me. I was on my way home from the store when this kid hit my car. You see I was in the left turning lane when I noticed this red mustang gt cut across two lanes from the far right. The impact was so hard that it sent me into oncoming traffic. So I had to swerve hard to avoid getting hit by a truck. The kid trys to blame it on me telling the cop that we were in the same lane. He also told the cop that he was stopped and that I came out of nowhere and side swiped him. The cop didn't buy it specially since I had a witness statement. Anywayz my entire front passengers side is smashed in. I can't open the front passenger door, he hit my rim and there is a grinding noise when I turn. So now my baby has to sit in my driveway until my insurance company comes out and looks at it. I'll try and post pics of the damage and let ya'll know what ends up happening.
Old 08-25-02 | 08:01 PM
1994es300
Rookie

Damn that really really sucks.
But at least you are not seriously hurt. Hopefully something good might come from this- like a new lex...
sorry to heat about your loss. Do you think it is totalled?
Old 08-25-02 | 10:52 PM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. Hope everything turns out well w/ the insurance company and the ******* kid gets what he deserves.
Old 08-26-02 | 03:22 PM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Damn shame - I can relate and feel your lost.
Old 08-26-02 | 07:46 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Damn man, sorry!!! I hate it when *********** to that kind of stuff and blame it on innocent people.

Make sure they don't get away and you get insurance money. It's good you called the cops. My mom was in an accident where she was hit, but the guy who hit her begged her not to call the cops so she was way too nice and didn't. BAD MOVE. This *********** bastard filed a false insurance claim and false police report saying my mom hit him, my mom had no witness, and the insurance company wouldn't pay us for the $4500 damage done to our old car.

That's why I hate when people lie like that!!

peeeeesh
Old 08-27-02 | 02:29 AM
lobo
Rookie

Sorry about that man, at least you didn't get hurt that is the important thing.

-lobo-
Old 08-28-02 | 01:03 AM
BigRich
Pole Position

Default Bummer..

I can relate somewhat. I dont get my lex back for 2 more weeks. Some ********* keyed the crap outta my car about a week ago. Its in the body shop right now getting fixed..$4200.00 worth! I decided to throw in a few xtra dollars and get the paint job I want! All black onyx with chrome flake! No more two tone crap!! Anyways in my case the cops said like 5 other cars around my house got the same treatment. He said it was probebly some kids haveing one last chance at "fun" before they started school back.. Fun huh...
Old 08-28-02 | 01:54 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

BigRich, I assume this a different black than OEM match Black Onyx? Black Onyx is a non-metallic black. A monotone metallic black should look very sharp, though. Sorry to hear about the vandalism. I had a close call myself. Over the weekend, 4 cars on my street had their passenger windows broken by some 14 year old kids (one guy had his unmounted audio head unit stolen), luckily mine was in the garage at the time. My next door neighbor's Explorer was spared, the very bright security LED he has must have scared the kids away, the cops told him. Almost makes me want to upgrade the LED on the dash, I know the stock alarm is a joke, but it deters amateur kids scared of getting caught.
Old 08-28-02 | 08:20 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

I had a close call a few weeks back too. I was parked behind a friend and when she was leaving I looked over and she'd backed right into the front of my car. I looked as my car was rocking forward as she pulled up. I'm damn lucky since there wasn't even a scratch on the car, the license plate was just bent a little. She was still almost crying and felt real bad, everything turned out OK but I still haven't stopped giving her *****.
Old 09-04-02 | 01:42 PM
LunaR
Driver

Default Latest news.

I just got the appraisal (if that's how u spell it ) report. Total damages visually noticable came up to 3587. That is until you look right below it and see that they only want to pay for 50% of the cost for the sturt bar that he broke off. Their reasoning is because they said that it showed signs of wear before the accident. This is bull badonkei. Of course there is gonna be signs of wear on it. I do drive the car every day. So I'm gonna call my insurance company to get them to back me. And if his company refuses to pay for it then I guess I'll have to go to court over it. U guys and gals got any advice for me?
Old 09-05-02 | 01:11 PM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Your insurance Co. should back you on this. I had the same problem with "wear & Tear" when my L was hit. My results were that the other person's insurance paid for all the damages cause my insurance worked it out with theirs - based on the fact that wear-n-tear wouldn't matter and the car would'have been fully operational if the car was never cross-checked like a hockey player!

Also ask your insurance peeps if any recent service paperwork will help cause sometimes it can make your car look like it received a Clean Bill of Health.