ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES300 Clock Wiring Harness / 12v Constant

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-11, 03:49 PM
mike96sc2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES300 Clock Wiring Harness / 12v Constant

I have had no luck with a response for this in the past but I'm still trying anyway. What I need to know is where to tap 12v constant from with a very very low draw. All I'm trying to do is bypass my factory amplifier since it's blown and I don't want to spend the money to replace it. There are 4 wires that run into the clock and I know at least one of them has to be 12v constant since it keeps the time on the clock.

My other option I was considering was highjacking from the CD changer, but I don't want to pull that out just to figure out which wire to use. Any advance help anyone could provide would be great. I just need it to hold my presets since I'm trying to reinstall my factory radio.
Old 04-13-11, 07:18 AM
donbryce
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a 12V constant wire/source and do not know which of the 4 wires going into the clock is the one, or you have identified another possible source and want someone to tell you which color wire to use?
Save time and just do a test. If you have a multimeter, set it to the lowest voltage scale, touch the red lead to the wire and the black to ground. Or, use a 12V bulb with 2 wires. Either way, you'll find the 12V you need...or am I misreading your post...
Old 04-14-11, 03:39 PM
mike96sc2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by donbryce
If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a 12V constant wire/source and do not know which of the 4 wires going into the clock is the one, or you have identified another possible source and want someone to tell you which color wire to use?
Save time and just do a test. If you have a multimeter, set it to the lowest voltage scale, touch the red lead to the wire and the black to ground. Or, use a 12V bulb with 2 wires. Either way, you'll find the 12V you need...or am I misreading your post...
You're correct. I am just needing to find a 12v constant. I have a test light and I was hoping someone might be able to even confirm one of the wires in the clock harness is a 12v constant (I assume one of them has to be, but I wasn't positive) and if anyone knew and could save me having to do it myself it would be good. I'm going to be peeling back the harnesses tomorrow after work and I will surely have it figured out then.
Old 07-31-11, 10:08 AM
westdallas
Driver School Candidate

did u ever find out which one is which