ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2000 Lexus Es300 Bottom Seat Cover Removal - ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-11, 09:49 PM
ml30306
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 Lexus Es300 Bottom Seat Cover Removal - ?

I own a 2000 Lexus ES300, white with tan seats. My front driver side leather cushion cover it pretty cracked on the left side (looking down), the vinyl band underneath across has a huge patch missing and the under fabric is showing.

Does anyone have any clear forward directions on how to remove the bottom seat cover? Pictures are always great, but simply looking for the "how to". The service manual is just not clear enough.

Has anyone repaired any seat cracks before? There seems to be a number of repair kits and car upholstery companies out there, does anyone else have any experience with any of these? It just does not seem right to trash a leather seat cover and buy a new one for x hundred dollars.

Are the left and right front bottom cushion covers inter-changeable? Mine are not heated, but I think the outer sides both have holes for the seat control plugs. Is it possible to simply punch a new hole?
Old 05-08-11, 10:02 PM
PolishJoe
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not incredibly hard but takes a little work and finesse. Your best best it to have an upholstery guy re-upholster it. The seat covers are usually held in by hog rings or something similar to fasten then to the seat.

You can pull the seat out of the vehicle which isn't too hard and then work on it on a bench to pull the seat cover off. Then the upholstery guy can re-do it for you.

If you didn't want to do that much work yourself, you could give him the car and let him do it all himself.....or meet him halfway and you pull the seat out and give him the seat to re-do and you can put it back in when done.
Old 06-16-17, 09:10 AM
ajswep
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat removal

Originally Posted by ml30306
I own a 2000 Lexus ES300, white with tan seats. My front driver side leather cushion cover it pretty cracked on the left side (looking down), the vinyl band underneath across has a huge patch missing and the under fabric is showing.

Does anyone have any clear forward directions on how to remove the bottom seat cover? Pictures are always great, but simply looking for the "how to". The service manual is just not clear enough.

Has anyone repaired any seat cracks before? There seems to be a number of repair kits and car upholstery companies out there, does anyone else have any experience with any of these? It just does not seem right to trash a leather seat cover and buy a new one for x hundred dollars.

Are the left and right front bottom cushion covers inter-changeable? Mine are not heated, but I think the outer sides both have holes for the seat control plugs. Is it possible to simply punch a new hole?
I''ve gotten the mechanics off of the seat bottom as well as the back separated from the bottom. The bottom leather cover doesn't seem to have a "starting point" that I can find. And for the back, do you just pop off the rear-seat pocket section? I don't want to snap anything.