ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Just wondering

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 07:34 AM
mykidsdad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wondering

Want to store a pic of my car in my signature block. How do I do this?

Thanks!
Old 05-23-11, 09:33 AM
jskwik
Rookie

yea me too..come to find out u have to have more than 30 posts and be on the forum for more than 30 days...looks like ur avatar will have too do...however u could post some picks for us to see!!!!
Old 05-23-11, 10:24 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper.

If the administrator has enabled signatures, then you will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the forum will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message.
You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option.
You can set your signature by editing your profile.

How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?

You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).
So i think you can have a signature anytime. make sure the pic is small enough to fit.
Old 05-23-11, 10:32 AM
jskwik
Rookie

now there is a message about changes for new members...!!!! no sig and very small pm space until u reach ur 30 day 30 post quota!!!!
Old 05-23-11, 11:44 AM
mykidsdad
Driver School Candidate

jskwik, thanks for the info. I have already posted pics of the car. It is on page one with the title 2005 Lexus ES330 with pics. Just ran her down to San Antonio and back. Cruise set @ 75, quiet and registering 30.4MPG. Love it!
Old 05-23-11, 12:04 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

You need to save the image to your profile. I had my sig in photobicket the first time and only the URL came up with no image, even when I put the tags. Once I saved it to my profile and got the file link with img tags, it worked.
Old 05-24-11, 06:27 AM
jskwik
Rookie

jskwik,

As of January 2011, Club Lexus is implementing some reasonable restrictions for members who have been on Club Lexus for less than 30 days and have made less than 30 productive posts in our discussion forums.

1) We are restricting sales in our Classified forums to our active forum members only. This means members must contribute to the discussion forum for a minimum of 30 days AND 30 posts before they can post any items for sale. You can still respond to existing for sale threads to ask questions of qualified sellers. This change is due to the increase of zero-history members posting high dollar items for sale without vouches.

2) We are removing signature capability, visitor messaging capability, URL posting ability and limiting (smaller) private message boxes for these members as well. This is due to a massive influx of automated and overseas spammers who abuse these features on a daily basis.

If you see this notice you fall into this group. Once you meet both the minimum post-count and time criteria, you will be automatically promoted to the group that can post items for sale and have full access to the other capabilities. If you meet these criteria but have not been active on Club Lexus for some time, you must make a post in the discussion forums before you are promoted.

Promotions will happen within two days of meeting the minimum criteria, so please be patient.

We are making these changes to make Club Lexus a safer place and thank you for your understanding. This message will appear only when you first log into Club Lexus.
Old 05-24-11, 09:27 AM
dmk08
Intermediate

Ahh I was wondering what was up with this. Luckily for me tis is post 30!