ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Yay! New Goodies!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 02:52 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kphu
brotha jky wasssuppp? Nice coilovers man!!! Can't wait to see them on!

Ahhhh yeaahhhh sup bro!!! I'm definatly working on em, aiming to have em installed, and aligned by the middle of July. Currently getting tools together, checked a friend earlier today to see if I could borrow his Cordless Impact Driver at the end of this month to make the install go much.. much easier, waiting on his response.

Speaking of tools. I just so happen to be looking at a Bosch PS20-2A Cordless Impact Driver I think I might get one of these next month.

Theres also the DeWalt DW059K-2 Impact Wrench, that i'm also looking at... so tempting!!

Anyways i'll keep you updated on my progress here bro =) I can't wait to see how these coilovers feel.

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 06-22-11 at 03:13 PM. Reason: hmm maybe i should for wrenches instead of drivers ^^
Old 06-22-11, 06:39 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i hear yah brotha! tools tools tools makes life much happier...wish i was on the island to give you a hand but this is as close as I can get.
Old 06-23-11, 06:26 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm I ordered camry coilovers. It's been confirmed that they are interchangeable with es2 es3 suspension, and they come with pillowball mounts.
Old 06-23-11, 06:31 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EEngineer
Hmm I ordered camry coilovers. It's been confirmed that they are interchangeable with es2 es3 suspension, and they come with pillowball mounts.
Interesting, I'll contact BC Racing and see if i can have them integrate the Camry coilovers onto the Lexus ES300 Application list, if I remember correctly, when I last contacted bcracing-usa, at the time, they told me they did not even have an application for the Lexus ES300, until I told them to look on their UK's application website, where coil-overs were listed in their application list. and just recently I saw that they updated their application list to include the Lexus ES300.

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 06-23-11 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-23-11, 09:26 AM
xXTimmayXx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy-KY
They probably can go low enough to most likely stop your front wheels from turning. So my guess 4~5 inches of lowering, or more.

I do apologize though since I don't really have actual figures for you, I'm learning as I go along, these are my first set of coilovers that I've ever owned.

My lowering goals are to keep near stock height at the rear, probably 1 1/2 inch lower, and have the front lowered by about 2~2 1/2 inches the most to eliminate some of the fender gap.
Tein SS ^_^ I'll aim high (apparently VERY VERY VERY high lol)
Old 06-23-11, 09:29 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xXTimmayXx
Tein SS ^_^ I'll aim high (apparently VERY VERY VERY high lol)
Sounds good!!! I think you've made the right choice, i'll look forward to seeing your car after you have them installed, in the mean time hopefully I'll have mine sorted out soon, for you to enjoy as well!
Old 06-23-11, 09:32 AM
xXTimmayXx
Driver

Sounds good!!! I think you've made the right choice, i'll look forward to seeing your car after you have them installed, in the mean time hopefully I'll have mine sorted out soon, for you to enjoy as well!
Your 2001 Windom and my 2001 ES. . .good combo lol

I think after the Teins I'll go for shoes. . .what you think?
Old 06-23-11, 09:39 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Your 2001 Windom and my 2001 ES. . .good combo lol

I think after the Teins I'll go for shoes. . .what you think?
Hell yeah!! get some nice shoe's and rubber on there, I wouldn't recommend to go larger than 225/45/18s though. but this is my preference

and later down the line, maybe get some upgraded brake lines =), improving stopping power with grippy tires is always a handy thing to have.
Old 06-23-11, 09:53 AM
xXTimmayXx
Driver

Hell yeah!! get some nice shoe's and rubber on there, I wouldn't recommend to go larger than 225/45/18s though. but this is my preference

and later down the line, maybe get some upgraded brake lines =), improving stopping power with grippy tires is always a handy thing to have.
Brakes will probably be right after shoes and socks. . .I wonder if TRD makes any that will go well with an ES. . .I'll have to check it out. . .
Old 06-23-11, 10:12 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Brakes will probably be right after shoes and socks. . .I wonder if TRD makes any that will go well with an ES. . .I'll have to check it out. . .
Good luck on that one, I think though, that the stock brakes are adequate enough as they are, mine can lock up my 18's very easily if I so wanted to, just upgrade the brake lines to steel braided lines (i believe that is what they are called). which is what I'm planning on doing later in the future.
Old 06-23-11, 10:14 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Ugh!! 7 days!! before I can get my front mounts! This wait is killing me!! must persevere!
Old 06-23-11, 10:43 AM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EEngineer
they are interchangeable, HOWEVER, the brackets for the brake lines do not line up correctly for the 3rd gen ES (97-01). You can find a way to make it work as I did and I never ran into any problems with it. Interesting yours came with pillow ball mounts and the OP's came with progressive rear springs/oem mounts. When I ordered mine, I wanted to reuse the OEM mounts so the ride wouldn't be so harsh but I was told BC only came with pillow ball mounts. Also when I ordered mine, I was told they didn't make a progressive rear spring, which would also make for a smoother ride. Mine came with linear springs in the front and rear which I think made the ride a bit more harsh than other cars I've rode in. Either way, good luck with the install.
Old 06-23-11, 10:49 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Just to clarify, they never did come with mounts, I'm in the process of purchasing the oem mounts, I now have the rear mounts, I'm waiting to get the fronts now, that is my only hold up. just waiting on that paycheck to arrive XD,

You do have an excellent point with the brake line bracket. Thanks for providing that information. I didn't know about that.
Old 06-23-11, 01:26 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

A thought just occured to me, if the only difference is the brake line bracket, why not combine the two kits together, I wonder if BC Racing would do that, take the SKU# C-06 which is the kit for the camry, with the pillowball mounts, and then take the lower bracket from the SKU# R-13 and place on the SKU# C-06 and we would have a coilover with the correct brake bracket for the MCV20 ES300

Hey EEngineer, could you kindly send me close up pictures of your lower brackets, (if possible, and at your leisure of course) so I can compare the pictures between your kit, and my kit?

I'm curious to see what exactly is different between these two sets of coilovers, now that PlatES300 mentioned the brake brackets are different.

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 06-23-11 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-23-11, 08:55 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i knew about the brake line brackets from a guy who ran the camry set on a 97~01 gen4 camry, but i was told that it's a minor issue. just ziptie it in, not a problem, just not pretty.

i ran into the same issue with a set of Ksport coilovers anyway..so w/e.

I'm pretty sure we have the exact same stuff....i think u might run into the brake line problem as well.

oh well, i'll post pics once i try to install them

Quick Reply: Yay! New Goodies!!