ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Yay! New Goodies!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 04:18 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yay! New Goodies!!

After a while of waiting, I finally got my BC Racing Coilovers for my Windom, Big thanks to Tristan of Circuit Motorsports:

As of now I was hoping to be able to install them this weekend after acquiring oem mounts, but unfortunately I now have to postpone my install till another date.

It seems that I ran into bad luck with the local part supply stores on island, they seem to be out of stock for oem replacements. I guess it happens, I have a parts store put oem mounts on special order, so now my wait is for those parts to arrive. I probably should have ordered the OEM mounts online but I think it doesn't hurt to help out the local businesses out once in a while, especially in this rough economy these days.

I do however have the option of taking off the mounts from the original suspension that is currently on the vehicle, (90,838 km's on them) but since I cannot find any stores willing to rent me spring compressors for me to take them off myself, I just don't want to take an unnecessary risk by taking them off without the proper equipment, and being as this is new suspension, I want to install brand New Mounts on them.

So for now its just simply waiting on the OEM mounts to arrive and then its all systems go for the install. If I waited this long, I can afford to wait a little while longer to get it done right the first time. The coilovers wont run away.

Anyways for now, here is a picture of my vehicle before I install the coilovers (whenever the upper mounts arrive)

Stay tuned for updates, might be a while but I plan to document the entire install here in this thread in the future. The local parts shop told me 1-2 weeks for it to arrive, so we shall see the outcome.
Old 05-24-11, 04:30 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,897 Likes on 2,446 Posts

They sure do look pretty. How do you get the mounts on them, now much do they need to be compressed? Did you have to order any rubber pieces as well to along with the mounts?

Does that market light on the fender light up? I like it.
Old 05-24-11, 04:51 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
They sure do look pretty. How do you get the mounts on them, now much do they need to be compressed? Did you have to order any rubber pieces as well to along with the mounts?

Does that market light on the fender light up? I like it.
As for getting the mounts on them, We shall see when the mounts arrive. (I work better with my hands on them, unfortunately I cannot visualize in my head how they will go on at this time)

As for the preload compression, I believe they recommend 5mm of preload, I may be wrong at this point however when i get the mounts we shall see where to go from there.

When I special ordered the OEM mounts, I was told everything comes with the mount, upper insulator, upper spring seat, bearing and suspension support.

We shall see how it goes together when the mounts arrive. I'll probably have questions to ask as well, when the install time comes. And yes, that's actually a turn signal side marker.
Old 05-24-11, 05:08 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,897 Likes on 2,446 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy-KY
I was told everything comes with the mount, upper insulator, upper spring seat, bearing and suspension support.
Nice.
And yes, that's actually a turn signal side marker.
I really like it, wish they put them on these cars in my part of the world.
Old 05-24-11, 05:36 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ahh that's gonna look sick when your done. It makes a huge difference.
Old 05-24-11, 09:52 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

nice, but why oem mounts? haha
Old 05-25-11, 06:28 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DixonPai
nice, but why oem mounts? haha
Here's the reply that I got from BC Racing asking them if there was upper mounts available.

Jeremy,

Below is the response that I received from our Research and Development Department. Please let us know if you have any other questions, thank you.

"This kit is supplied in BR-RN which means it comes without top mounts. The OEM top mounts have to be re-used. Only using the OEM top mounts can prevent noise caused by changed suspension geometry after the vehicle is lowered."
BC Racing says to use OEM mounts, that's' what I'll use based on the manufacturers recommendations.
Old 05-25-11, 02:36 PM
es30000000
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! looking forward to see the write-up, and good luck on the install!
Old 06-21-11, 04:39 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Hi everyone again, progress has been a bit slow due to work and helping my dad, however, today I have a small update to share

So far today I managed to get the the rear upper mounts installed on the coilovers, pictured below:

Upper Mount View

More pictures to come soon.

All that's left to get right now are the front mounts, Unfortunately I couldn't afford to pick up the front mounts today, however I will get those at the end of this month.

I'm aiming to have the install completed before the middle of July.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 06-21-11 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-21-11, 06:14 PM
xXTimmayXx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How low will they make it?
Old 06-21-11, 06:27 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xXTimmayXx
How low will they make it?
They probably can go low enough to most likely stop your front wheels from turning. So my guess 4~5 inches of lowering, or more.

I do apologize though since I don't really have actual figures for you, I'm learning as I go along, these are my first set of coilovers that I've ever owned.

My lowering goals are to keep near stock height at the rear, probably 1 1/2 inch lower, and have the front lowered by about 2~2 1/2 inches the most to eliminate some of the fender gap.
Old 06-21-11, 09:27 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

wtf?
why doesn't ur coilovers have pillow ball mounts?
mine did
for what model did u order?
Old 06-21-11, 09:29 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

here's my set
Old 06-22-11, 06:31 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EEngineer
wtf?
why doesn't ur coilovers have pillow ball mounts?
mine did
for what model did u order?

Hi EEngineer,

I think your vehicle is an VCV10 Lexus ES300 (2ES), My vehicle is a Toyota Windom which is a MCV21 which is a (3ES), The Lexus Equivalent would be the MCV20. Could this be the reason why yours is different?

My kit is SKU #R-13, for an MCV20 Lexus ES300 BR-RN, which does not come with upper pillow-ball mounts.

Also, see post #7 in this thread, I've also asked that very same question to BC Racing themselves, the reply they sent me is posted there.

I believe ESeries300, another member here also has this very same kit, and they as well, did not come with upper pillow-ball mounts, so OEM mounts had to be used.

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 06-22-11 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-22-11, 01:57 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

brotha jky wasssuppp? Nice coilovers man!!! Can't wait to see them on!

Quick Reply: Yay! New Goodies!!