ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

How did you end up in your ES?? Post your story here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 01:50 PM
mykidsdad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm probably older than most of the first time owners at the ripe old age of 37. I got a job where I travel 38 miles one way every day and though I loved the job, hated the fact that I got 15mpg in my truck. But, it was paid for and I enjoyed not having the payment. Started looking at cars a few months ago as the mileage was piling up on the truck and it just didn't make sense with gas going up steadily....AGAIN. Looked at a 2001 ES300 with 56,000 miles in Dallas for $11,999 but didn't want to pay that much for a 10 year old car. It was in nice condition but not fantastic. Well, I have a friend who works at the Lexus dealership in San Antonio and we had bought a previous used vehicle (non-Lexus) from him and the dealership was always great. So, had him start looking. He had just gotten on '05 ES330 Pearl white with cashmiere interior in. 78,000 miles and every maintenance record done @ the dealership. No accidents and it turns out I knew the older couple who owned the car. So, for $15,000 I got into a car with a warranty from the dealership and the car rides like a dream. I'm getting 28+ mpg on the highway and the difference in gas per month between the truck and the car covers the car payment + a few extra $$. The ride is quiet, comfortable and a dream. This one will go to my son in 4 years and I'm positive it will be running great then too!
Old 07-07-11, 02:06 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,963 Likes on 2,496 Posts

Originally Posted by imherenow
do u have pictures of ur millennium edition..,mine is same edition too..would love to see some pictures
How did you end up in your ES?? Post your story here!-n9iyf.jpg

How did you end up in your ES?? Post your story here!-hnc4v.jpg

How did you end up in your ES?? Post your story here!-g6p8a.jpg

edit - more pics here (before I had the new steering wheel)

Last edited by LeX2K; 07-07-11 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-07-11, 03:19 PM
Dilbones
Rookie

I bought mine from an auto auction in allentown PA for 900 dollars. My dad said toyotas were great cars so I decided to buy it despite its hefty mileage. For 900 dollars and a little more to fix it up, I now have a car with 240+ thousand miles that is running strong.
Old 07-07-11, 08:17 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
here[/URL] (before I had the new steering wheel)
wow i really like urs..how many kms u have on urs..and how did u get the wood steering..i have the same wood interior and would love to know how u did your wood steering..
Old 07-07-11, 09:51 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Car has 61,000km on it. I bought the steering wheel on Ebay, then had it reupholstered by Craft Customs in Texas. See my thread about it here.

BTW, if you find a wood wheel on Ebay or anywhere for sale, buy it. They are quite rare to find for this generation of ES.
Old 07-08-11, 02:45 AM
juvenchan
Driver

man... I love ur limited edition with such a beautiful steering wheel
Old 07-08-11, 01:16 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Car has 61,000km on it. I bought the steering wheel on Ebay, then had it reupholstered by Craft Customs in Texas. See my thread about it here.

BTW, if you find a wood wheel on Ebay or anywhere for sale, buy it. They are quite rare to find for this generation of ES.
alright will look into it. Thanks...only 61k kms?!? no wonder ur leather seats are prefect!! thats like new..mine has like almost 160,000kms...
Old 07-08-11, 02:07 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MyEs300Yea
See some of us cant afford all them luxury mod's so we have to resort to a 14 dollar mod LOL
I considered one of those snap on wheel things believe me. But I do most all the work on my cars myself, means extra cash for things like this.
Originally Posted by imherenow
alright will look into it. Thanks...only 61k kms?!? no wonder ur leather seats are prefect!! thats like new..mine has like almost 160,000kms...
160k is nothing for these cars, just broken in. Treat your seats with Leatherique, it does wonders for leather.
Old 07-08-11, 02:24 PM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

I was practicing to get my license, and my mom had just bought a brand new pearl white Infiniti QX56 (fine-*** SUV). So, my dad took her old car and gave his old car to me. It was a 2003 Kia Sedona minivan in bad condition with 140,000 miles on it, covered in dents and scratches, and the interior smelled like sweat and moldy coffee. With me being such an automotive afficionado, this simply wouldn't do. I found out that my grandpa was looking to get rid of his 1994 Lexus so we drove up to his house and picked it up. Both the interior and exterior were in disgusting condition, but after a full restoration it looks like no more than 4-5 years of wear & tear. It only has 80,000 miles on it and we got it for free, so I'd say that was pretty lucky.
Old 07-08-11, 11:31 PM
lexuskid16
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow some amazing stories

I never knew there were a lot of Acura-Lexus people.
Old 07-09-11, 07:35 AM
Specter
Driver

Wife wanted a new car... We got a new car.....

Happy Wife = Happy Life....
Old 07-09-11, 04:07 PM
xXTimmayXx
Driver

I am one of those individuals who scour the web looking for reviews of any car - I look for potential problems, recalls, average mileage, reliability, etc. . .if I see ONE thing potentially wrong, red flags go up. About 4 months ago I began my search for a car to replace my now defunct 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora - quite possibly the world's most undependable car. I began my search with a broad spectrum. . .what I wanted had to be a four door luxury saloon car. After test driving a Cadillac CTS, Ford Fusion V6, a Lincoln LS, a Honda Accord, and one of those GORGEOUS Mercury Marauders (which I still plan on purchasing down the road) I felt like I was getting nowhere with my search to find what I wanted. I almost went back into ricer mode to buy a 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT - but luckily I was patient. After about another month of test driving and re-test driving, I stumbled upon what is now my Christine. At first, the only thing that attracted me to it was the "Lexus" name on the inventory list. But after test driving it and researching everything I could think of about it. . .and finding out it only had 67,000 miles on it. . .AND only paying 6k for it I jumped on the oppurtunity!!!

A month later, and I still love every moment I'm in this car. I develop relationships with all of my cars, and this one is no different. She gets me where I want to go, and when I feel like putting my foot down, she roars that little V6 to let me know she has what it takes.

If you look at my earlier posts when I first joined this forum, you will see that all I wanted to do when I first purchased her was to modify her into a lowriding DUB vehicle. . .now though, all I want to do is maintain her and give her a few presents every once in a while to make her and me happy (i.e. an updated stereo so she can help me navigate around, and maybe some new shoes - not big gaudy ones. . .just some new Lexus rims from one of her bigger brothers [Lexus IS maybe?] - perhaps I'll buy her some new glasses [projectors. . .I want to do a dual Morimoto Mini setup] as well but that will be later down the road).
Old 07-10-11, 08:14 AM
enterconne
Driver

Bought mine on Tuesday 7/5/2011 from Phoenix off Craigslist. I live in Sedona and have been looking for a commuter car for quite some time since my Land Cruiser likes to drink gas. I've always been a fan of the Acura Integra but all of the ones I've seen were in terrible shape or too many mods. I wanted something stock and owned by a private party, not someone who flips cars on the side. I was also looking at the GS, ES, Camry, Avalon, TL's and Accords with no luck.. That morning I typed LEXUS in the search and came across a 94 ES that ws just posted and called the owner. Everything sounded good so I asked if he could hold it for me and I woulddrive down to Phoenix to pick it up. Very nice car, paint is perfect, engine is clean. I'm giving it a tuneup today and will install wew struts next weekend. Oh yeah, I got caught up in the CRAZY dust storm in Phoenix during the test drive. It was nuts.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...yU72MCKcxP3RKA
Old 07-10-11, 10:01 AM
Taosu3
Driver School Candidate

i started out with a buick century 1999 which lasted me a good 3 years + how ever long my grandpa before me drove it. that car broke down in the middle of the road at a milage of over 250k so then i had to go car hunting. after looking on craiglist for a week i finally gave up... then i opened the newspaper and this one car stood out "2001 lexus es 300" so i pretty much got someone to drive me there checked it out and bought it. a good way to spend $6000.
Old 07-18-11, 01:04 PM
lexuskid16
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taosu3
i started out with a buick century 1999 which lasted me a good 3 years + how ever long my grandpa before me drove it. that car broke down in the middle of the road at a milage of over 250k so then i had to go car hunting. after looking on craiglist for a week i finally gave up... then i opened the newspaper and this one car stood out "2001 lexus es 300" so i pretty much got someone to drive me there checked it out and bought it. a good way to spend $6000.
Buicks have an amazing ride, lol.

Quick Reply: How did you end up in your ES?? Post your story here!