ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

From Ashy to Classy **The Slow Road To Becoming VIP**

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-11, 12:37 PM
LaidBack
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, within the next 2-4 weeks, I shall have,in my possession, the 18x8s from the SC430, and these...

(KYB OEM Spec gas struts)

these...

(Eibach Ground Control Sleeve Coilovers)

and maybe this...

(Visage Front Lip for 98-02 Accord)
Old 11-30-11, 12:47 PM
LaidBack
Rookie

Oh, and this is on the way too...

(Remus Dual Burnt Tip)
Old 11-30-11, 12:54 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

You still think this is VIP?
Old 11-30-11, 01:12 PM
LaidBack
Rookie

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
You still think this is VIP?
I decided a while back that I and leaning more towards VIP stylings on a HellaFlush/Trendy to car. Either way, I'll end up getting to where I plan to be with this car.
Old 11-30-11, 08:21 PM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

So do you know if that lip for a 98-02 Accord is a perfect fit? They're really cheap on eBay and i was thinking about getting one. If you get it you should post pics from every angle for all of us prospective buyers.
Old 12-01-11, 07:13 AM
LaidBack
Rookie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by AlphaOnion
...you should post pics from every angle for all of us prospective buyers.
I plan to. It's not too hard to retro-fit another car's aero to a different car. I've done it before... Even had a BB6 (97+) Honda Prelude Spoon style front lip on a RD1 (01-02) Hyundai Tiburon. I may just buy both lips so I can see with what exactly I'm working with (because I know my way around Honda & Honda parts & fittings) plus it will open up just one more affordable option for the 2nd & 3rd Gen ES owners that want to do some aero without having to buy a full-on body kit for the ever-so-elusive rare JDM front lips.
Old 12-01-11, 02:00 PM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

True, bumper shapes are usually pretty universal. But on the 2ES, the measurement from the front of the bumper to where the wheel well starts (side of the front bumper) is unusually long, so I'm curious to see how the Accord lip fits there.
Old 12-17-11, 11:55 PM
LaidBack
Rookie

Originally Posted by AlphaOnion
True, bumper shapes are usually pretty universal. But on the 2ES, the measurement from the front of the bumper to where the wheel well starts (side of the front bumper) is unusually long, so I'm curious to see how the Accord lip fits there.
True but I've talked to a couple 2nd Gen ES guys and it seems that the 98-02 Accord lips are pretty-much the best for fitment.

Last edited by LaidBack; 12-22-11 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-17-11, 11:56 PM
LaidBack
Rookie

Mmmmmmm... motivation!

Moving along...

Updates: For the last few weeks i have been M.I.A. on building due to cold and almost moving to STL but I have since decided to stay my chunky *** in Central Illinois (where the Cops pull over city buses and give seatbelt tickets...)

ISSUE #1: Due to my car having 20+ year old OEM parts, **** is beginning to bend/break. The OEM flexpipe/downpipe has a small leak that makes my, once smooth-sounding V6 sound like a rough-running V8 so I have to order one of those later in the week.

ISSUE #2: The 20+ yr old rear struts are starting to lose their integrity and when its 30 degrees or below outside, they seize up and lock into a fully extended position, which makes my car super stiff & bouncy, I on Monday (Dec 19) I will be ordering some STAGG brand gas struts to fit, what was delivered a few days ago....

RESOLUTION #1: Instead of going for those Eibach: Ground Control coilovers, I went and found a company that makes 1.8-2" lowering springs for the ES/Camry, so I bought those and they will go on when I get the struts. They're Linear springs which means they can be cut 1 or 2 coils for a lower drop without compromising the spring's integrity.

RESOLUTION #2: A couple months back when I bought the new shift **** and boot, I also bought a strut bar for when I actually do lower the car, so when I lower it, it will also go on.

RESOLUTION #3: Whilst I'm lowering the car, I will also be adding the newer & un-dented fenders & bumper to the car.

With all that being said, expect updates, soon.
Old 12-17-11, 11:58 PM
LaidBack
Rookie

Here are the springs:

Old 12-19-11, 12:41 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i do not like the idea of cut springs man... I've heard of many people doing it and being fine with it but i really think there are better options. 1.8~2" drop is good drop already for strut/spring setup already, if you cut, you might bottom out way too much when you hit a pot hole or a bump....your tire might rub the wheel well shield as well.
Old 12-20-11, 07:05 PM
Munchiez
Driver School Candidate

Any luck with the lip? Are any modifications supposed to be made to make the lip fit? That would be greatly appreciated if you or anyone elsenknows.
Old 12-20-11, 08:59 PM
Bankos66
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LaidBack
Mmmmmmm... motivation!

Personally, I think those are way to riced out. This is not a Civic or Integra. It is a Lexus. Lexus = Luxury. There are those exceptions *cough* EEngineer *cough* but those are just over the top ugly to me.
Old 12-20-11, 09:40 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Idk I always like the diana kit(last one pictured) maybe its the color that screams out, but still none the less they are nice. Kit itself is rare out here and almost 4k with shipping to get including everything with it. Yes I have been looking into it you may ask....lol.
Old 12-20-11, 10:28 PM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

The first one is at least decent. I'd love to get my hands on those side mirrors lol

Quick Reply: From Ashy to Classy **The Slow Road To Becoming VIP**