ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-02, 01:37 AM
BigRich
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...

Well, heres a story to make you love your friendly neighborhood body shop even more. My car got vandalized pretty bad about a month ago. My insurance company gave me 3 different places that I could take my car to for the repairs. I visited all three and decided on the first place. A whopping $3900.00 in damages. I only had to pay the deductable (which is only $500.00) so it was cool. Well it took them 3 days short of a month to complete (of course I threw in a lil extra to get some chrome flake mixed in the the dull onyx black) and I was getting pissed. I mean the Dodge Stratus piece of crap that I had from the rent-sum-junk SUCKED! Plus I was missing my lex. The day I got my car back, it was a monsoon at the shop, so I quickly glanced it over and was off on my way. Well not so quickly! Anyway they forgot to put my front lower grille back in. Then the guy argued me down saying that the car doesn't even have a grille. Come on man I know my own car! So they cant find my grille now and they'll have to order me a new one, paint it, then I'll have to go back up there and get it installed. So I'm already disgusted with this place but it doesnt end there. The next day when its sunny outside and I'm instecting the paint job a lil closer I notice little flaws in the work. I pay then no mind and move right along when I notice that I have a crack right down the center of my moonroof. I am irate now, so I drive all the way there and proceed to give them an earful. What do you think they told me? Ohh we didnt do that. So I say ok I'm going to tell my insurance rep because I knew you guys were gonna say that. Well, it just so happens that an Allstate adjuster is there. So she comes over and takes the companys side (afterall they do business together) of course... So all I have left is "I'm gonna call my attorney" So now I'm waiting on my grille and I have a crack in my roof.. The job looks sharp though, no more 2 tone or pinstripes! All onyx black with the chrome flake on the black interior with the 35%..Owwwwee!!Cleared corners and chrome moldings. All I need is my new rims and it'll look phat! I dont have a digital cam so I need to get the new pics developed, then I'll post em. Anyways, dont you want to take your car to this place!!
Old 09-18-02, 02:59 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so sorry to hear that. in the meantime i'm getting a kick out of thinking some person got their car back with an extra grille. do you mean that the body shop cracked the glass of the moonroof all the way down? you really need to call small claims or something if all state doesn't help you out. you should probably switch insurance companies too. my ES was rear-ended several years back. my body shop did a half-a** job fixing it too. you can actually see lines in the paint and bubbles in the bumper. the lines look almost like when you are painting with a brush and the brush hairs makes lines in the paint. oh well. i hate body shops and insurance companies.
Old 09-18-02, 07:59 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm supposed to be getting my ES back from the body shop serviced by Lexus of Westport later on today. I hear ya, BigRich, about driving the rental. Enterprise (and Lexus since they'll be billed) hooked me up with a Stratus in the last two days, and it just doesn't feel the same as driving my own car. The front bumper and fender on my ES are to have been repainted, so I'll let you guys know how my first body shop experience turns out.
Old 09-18-02, 12:53 PM
njes300
Pole Position

I feel you . I had a new 2002 grand prix (9000 miles ) for 14 days for free . God knows why someone would buy that car new . but it sucked big time . I really got to appreciate my 97 es during this time .

I have had some bad run ins with body shops but they were courteous enough to fix the problem . but make sure you take it to lexus certified paint shop i have seen some f---- up color macthing .
Old 09-18-02, 02:03 PM
njes300
Pole Position

I feel you . I had a new 2002 grand prix (9000 miles ) for 14 days for free . God knows why someone would buy that car new . but it sucked big time . I really got to appreciate my 97 es during this time .

I have had some bad run ins with body shops but they were courteous enough to fix the problem . but make sure you take it to lexus certified paint shop i have seen some f---- up color macthing .
Old 09-20-02, 02:22 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Amazing paint job!

Just got my ES back from the body shop, serviced by Lexus of Westport. They did a flawless job repainting the front fender and bumper so that the front looks like showroom quality. This is my 2nd time bringing my car in to Westport for service/maintenance/repair (the service center is actually in Fairfield), and the guys there definitely stand by the quality work they do on the Lexuses. If any of you guys are from CT and need reliable body work done on your Lexus, pay a visit to Fairfield and ask for Dave.
Old 09-21-02, 02:26 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear that. my 93 was in an accident a while ago, and it was repaired and sent back within a week. but it was only the front end. the new hood looks great, since the old hood scratches are gone. well the one thing that makes everything suck is the "new" grille they put on. they said that the grille they installed was for the "new" model of the ES. even though i know that was bs, since the 2002's were coming out at that time. so yeah, i've got some ugly-a** upper grille. >.< just thought i'd put in my $.02
Old 09-21-02, 11:34 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Zeta
sorry to hear that. my 93 was in an accident a while ago, and it was repaired and sent back within a week. but it was only the front end. the new hood looks great, since the old hood scratches are gone. well the one thing that makes everything suck is the "new" grille they put on. they said that the grille they installed was for the "new" model of the ES. even though i know that was bs, since the 2002's were coming out at that time. so yeah, i've got some ugly-a** upper grille. >.< just thought i'd put in my $.02
do you have pics? at least you got a new hood. i think its about time i get a new one too.....
Old 09-21-02, 11:56 PM
zexen
Advanced

Well the hood looks normal, but that grille really makes me mad. i don't really have the best digital camera. i'm using the digital camera off of my sony clie NR70V, so it's like not so good quality. pictures are down further.
Old 09-22-02, 12:14 AM
zexen
Advanced

the wierd grille...
Attached Thumbnails The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...-zlex1.jpg  
zexen
Advanced

another...
Attached Thumbnails The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...-zlex2.jpg  
zexen
Advanced

yet another...
Attached Thumbnails The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...-zlex3.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 12:15 AM
zexen
Advanced

my mom's little accident. her '00 RX trunk (the lower edge part)
Attached Thumbnails The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...-zrx.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 12:16 AM
zexen
Advanced

this has got to be the funniest picture. but of course, it's not a lexus.
check out the park bench. this thing could do a VTOL.
Attached Thumbnails The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...-atroxrsig1.jpg  

Last edited by zexen; 09-22-02 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-22-02, 12:30 AM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Zeta that grill is pretty unusual, I've never seen anything like that. Doesn't look that bad though.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Body Shop Experience...