ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2000 ES300 Heated Seat Blue L.E.D. Light Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-11, 08:48 AM
filidog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ES300 Heated Seat Blue L.E.D. Light Conversion

sorry ahead of time is this has ever been posted and/or if this is not posted in the correct form. i just haven't seen anything posted for the es300 with pictures.
I'm pulling out the switch for the heated seats to change the light from a halogen to a LED. Very nervous about this so if there are any mistakes please feel free to point them out so that next time i post i can correct as needed :-)

the switch looks liek this. the brown thing there is the twist clip. turn it counter clockwise and turn it over and it should fall out.

thi is how it will look pulled out. notice how the bulb wire is wraped around the socket base. thats how it makes contact with the coper on the switch.

i used a 5mm LED sanded down to almost the size of the original light that was in it's place. side by side to a unsanded LED. above the LED is the original light that was in there.

i used a 560Ohm resistor and a 3V Led. solder the resistor on the positive side of the LED and rewraped the wires how they were originaly on the twist clip/base. it should look like this side by side. it will be a tight fit but it will go back in. if it does not you'll need more sanding on the LED.i put the light back in resistor pointing torward the switch.

i took this in the daylight but you can see the blue a little. if you did everything correctly it should turn right on. if not pull the light out do one half turn, insert the light back in and it should light up then.

a light to close but you can see the blue more

and there you have it. ugly green to deep dark blue. this will take 30min or so to do one. so far i have done my left and right door switch to blue and hope to change every light i can to white or blue.

Last edited by filidog; 08-30-11 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-30-11, 08:56 AM
filidog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.S. it took longer to post this then it did to put in the LED's lol. i hope this helped anyone who has a switch like this.