ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

my ES got vandalized

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-02, 02:03 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well, my emblems got stolen AGAIN. i didnt replace them, but the idiot that took them the first time broke off half of the front and left that piece on the ground so i snapped it back in place for the time being. it was in pretty tight, so i'm quite positive it didnt fall off of natural causes. someone messed with it again and now i only have the "L" letter and the portion of the oval around that would be represented by 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock on a clock. i am pretty confident now that i will get my emblems shaved off. folks, do not neglect your emblems, you dont know what you got til they are gone. i miss my emblems.
Old 10-02-02, 06:18 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mezoom, better go Naked on the ES. (emblems I mean)
Old 10-02-02, 08:28 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe you should just paint them on... lol

sorry i know, that sucks. i would have them shaved off. that sounds like a good idea. Or buy some new L's and just leave the L's on, nothing else.... make sure they are pretty much melted onto your car though, so they can't come off
Old 10-02-02, 01:16 PM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

****, stolen again? I agree w/ the others now, go shaved (Good lord that sounded wrong.... )

Last edited by meZoom!; 10-04-02 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-02-02, 02:45 PM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's just wrong - and to think that I always btch when kids keep taking my chrome wheel caps .

Feel your pain!
Old 10-02-02, 03:34 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

isn't it ridiculous?? now i can laugh...or now i can only laugh. yeah, my car will be shaved bald once i figure out costs, how long it'll take and when i have time. maybe i should have tazer emblems....if someone touches them they get severely shocked. now i am half convinced some of these idiots aren't in it for the $$ from reselling my emblems....they are out to screw me over. well folks, BOHICA then!!!! (Bend Over Here It Comes Again)
Old 10-02-02, 06:04 PM
LunaR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks the big one meZoom!. Sorry to hear bout yo emblems. Some people have no respect for other's property. I agree with the others on just shaving the emblems. If someone did that to my car I would flip. Again sorry to hear bout it. It's just sad what some people think is funny.

Last edited by LunaR; 10-02-02 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-02-02, 10:12 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

thanks everyone for the kind words. i finally remembered after all this time that i have a digicam to show y'all. heres the front. the whitish spots above the emblem are cement spots from when a cement mixer was driving in front of me on the freeway.
Attached Thumbnails my ES got vandalized-front_emblem.jpg  
Old 10-02-02, 10:14 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

and the rear...it rained recently so water got in. i'm surprised my $30 digicam takes pics so clear.
Attached Thumbnails my ES got vandalized-rear_emblem.jpg  
Old 10-03-02, 12:16 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Not sure if I'm seeing this right, mezoom, but are those mounting holes for your "L" emblem in the trunk pic? I thought the emblems just get epoxied onto the car.
Old 10-03-02, 12:29 AM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dang mezoom. pictures speak so much better than words. sorry again man. shave your front and back, if you think this homo will strike again. it'd look really clean too. and in the long run, you won't have to pay more and more for emblems, though they WOULD make the car look better. but it's your choice. either way... that person really needs a beating.
Old 10-03-02, 01:43 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by lexusk8
Not sure if I'm seeing this right, mezoom, but are those mounting holes for your "L" emblem in the trunk pic? I thought the emblems just get epoxied onto the car.
yep, they are mounting holes. if i didnt have the holes, i'd just buff away the remnants of the double-sided tape and i'd be set, but nooooo, i have holes to fill. :eek: i got them in the front too, is that normal?
oh i wish i could catch these fools. if i had the time, i'd set up my own personal sting operation cuz i have a pretty good idea which parking lots these thefts are occuring at. it double-sucks too, cuz my dad's GS just got broken into this past weekend in our own home garage. $3 and sunglasses were taken from that crime. i wish i could afford that "alarm" system that has the flamethrower coming from under the car. oh what fun.
Old 10-03-02, 09:39 PM
SW03ES
Pole Position

Why the hell do people do crap like that?
Old 10-04-02, 12:37 AM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hey man some people just gots problems.
they can't help it. they wish they had what we have.
Old 10-04-02, 02:41 PM
SW03ES
Pole Position

Well, what you have and what I'll have in a couple weeks lol

I'm still driving around in the Explorer and drooling at every Lexus I see But it has never occured to me to vandalize what I want...work harder for it sure, but damage it just because someone else has it? Thats truly truly sad.

Quick Reply: my ES got vandalized