ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Ecm Outlet Rebuilt My Lexus Es300 Ecm

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-11, 02:28 AM
lexusman75
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecm Outlet Rebuilt My Lexus Es300 Ecm

About two months ago my Lexus Es300 ecm went bad. I went to the Lexus dealer and they quoted me $1600.00. Wow! I couldn't believe it. I started looking online and I found a company Ecm Outlet that offered the same ecm part number as my es300 for $575.00. My biggest concern was the Lexus key immobilizer and programming. The sales guy assured me it would come programmed to my Vin number. I placed an order last week and I received the ecm 4 days later. I installed it and It's working perfectly. Ecm Outlet saved me over a thousand dollars. Anyone who has problems with their ecu give these guys a shot before going to the Lexus dealership.

Last edited by lexusman75; 09-23-11 at 02:31 AM. Reason: spelling fix
Old 09-25-11, 10:31 PM
dmight
Rookie

Did you have to send yours in to be rebuilt? Or did they just send you one. Trade in/core?
I notice quite a few of the members here insist on Lexus OEM parts only and they seem to not mind going without eating or something to pay for them. Over the years, I've learned that aftermarket, rebuilt/re-manufactured parts, in most case are just fine as long bought from sources with good reputations. Thanks for the heads up on ECM Outlet, I'll ad them to my info for "Justin Case"
Old 09-26-11, 11:36 AM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 293 Likes on 232 Posts

sounds like scam to me
Old 09-26-11, 11:49 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBooby
sounds like scam to me
x2 <filler> <filler>
Old 09-26-11, 12:14 PM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

No, it doesn't necessarily sound like a scam but it sure does sound like spam...
Old 09-26-11, 12:15 PM
dmight
Rookie

I just googled ECM outlet and they have a nice looking web page, first thing listed on the google results page, then the rest of the whole google page is links to complaints and remarks claiming scams. So maybe they aren't what they appear to be after all. Think if this comes up, I'd look a bit further. Usually, if it's too good to be true, that's just the case
I think your right on the mar MrBooby and hypervish
Old 09-26-11, 12:17 PM
dmight
Rookie

when mdbrown, MrBooby and hpervish chime in, it's time to listen
Just sit on your wallet and credit cards for a bit and do a google search for yourself before committing.
Old 12-25-11, 05:40 AM
lexusman75
Driver School Candidate

I had the same concerns when I ordered that is why I paid with a credit card. The owner also let me pay when the work was done on my es300 ecm. These guys are really good and and they saved me a lot of cash. If you are in the Detroit Metro area just bring your Lexus to their shop ecm outlet in Detroit MI and you can pay when they finish the work. If you are out of state then pay with a credit card this way if there is a problem you can easily get your money back. Check out their reviews at http://www.ecmoutlet.wordpress.com you can also leave a comment when they finish the job, about their service to help others with similar lexus ecm problems.
Old 12-25-11, 08:51 AM
dmight
Rookie

Look at the following link
http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/ecm-outlet.aspx
I've seen this post on other forums, and always the same thing.