ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Shift boot on a auto?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-11, 12:26 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by polatok
Im genuinely curious, what function does the yellow headlights provide?

You seem awefully self-confident(read: conceited). Its one thing to differ on opinions on how to mod your car, but it seems extremely low to attack somebody else on the basis you have a "good" job and have more funds to do so, thus be automatically better at it. Whats next, you are going to want to compare account balances and net worth too?! Thats a dangerous game to play buddy. This is a car forum, I think we should all be sensible and stick to the topic at hand, es300!! One might not like your 18 inch bling-blings and yellow headlights, but if that makes you think they are haters rather then them having (arguably)better taste than you, then you have another thing coming.
I am really reluctant to further reply to this thread because it really isn't going anywhere.
I normally don't get into argument with people, but I am obviously not the one who started it.
but since it's friday afternoon at work, i'll oblige.

first of all, you are right about the confident part, because I have done lots and lots of work on cars to back it up and I do have a lovely job. Like my screen name indicates, I'm an electrical/electronics engineer and I love what I do. It gives me the support I need to do what I want with my car.

as for the yellow headlights, I bought a pair of new headlights a few weeks ago. They weren't exactly cheap and I sure wasn't going to let them get damaged or worn out like all the ES300 headlights out there nowadays. I have a buddy who runs a detailing shop and he bought a bunch of 3M films to play with. He offered to give me some headlight tint films if i could bring the car in for us to practice on. I went in and asked if he had clear ones, but he only had smoked ones, blue ones, red, orange and yellow. I picked yellow because I personally dislike black smoked headlights. the film protects my brand new headlights and when I get sick of them, I'll just rip the film off. so what's the big deal? LOL...and if people are hating it, that's too bad. It really doesn't mean they have an better taste than me, it just means they are too reserved to try something different.

and trying something different is what i'm all about. I should get a parts list on my car soon so you can see how many custom designed parts and parts from other cars I'm using to see the amount of effort I put into making the ES a better car.

and I hardly call my SSR rims bling bling LOL, please do not mix mirror finish polished metal with chrome. that's just ignorant.
Old 09-30-11, 01:10 PM
RedlineGoods
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
^ just not worth the hassle imo... on top of that, its a rectangular shape and not a square like all manual cars. The boot would need to be one-off. Unless you want to pay out the *** for an oem mercedes AMG one...
Not necessarily. Sometimes "one off" means "for free"

We, the RedlineGoods, have made numerous shift boot for the automatic gearboxes that have never had a stock boot

Here's our boot for automatic 2005 Impreza:

And here's the stock automatic shifter in the same car - this stays underneath the boot:

What do you say?

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team
[/QUOTE]
Old 09-30-11, 01:30 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

nice, impress me by designing one for an automatic ES300!
Old 09-30-11, 05:20 PM
RedlineGoods
Former Sponsor

Will be happy to!

But we'll need some assistance from you. Will you help us?

Take care
Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 10-09-11, 09:14 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've actually don this lol and its funny that 01lexpl says that he was going to use a crown bag because thats what i used.... here are a few pics of it

and for the leds i actually have my doors license plate domb lights all smds witch are brighter and last longer then leds from what im told and ive had them for about 7 months and they have flickered or started to flash as if they were going out... your choice though...
Attached Thumbnails Shift boot on a auto?-p1010182.jpg   Shift boot on a auto?-p1010183.jpg   Shift boot on a auto?-p1010185.jpg  
Old 10-09-11, 09:21 PM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DplanDman8
I've actually don this lol and its funny that 01lexpl says that he was going to use a crown bag because thats what i used.... here are a few pics of it

and for the leds i actually have my doors license plate domb lights all smds witch are brighter and last longer then leds from what im told and ive had them for about 7 months and they have flickered or started to flash as if they were going out... your choice though...
for some reason. i think this is too dope. i dont give a damn what anyone else says.
Old 10-10-11, 06:08 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by adreano17
for some reason. i think this is too dope. i dont give a damn what anyone else says.
Thats what im sayn i got the idea from my buddy with a boosted miata and he had a purple crown bag on his........ some ppl dnt like it and some ppl do idk i love it
Old 10-10-11, 06:40 AM
cmara2k9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mdbrown
You must care as you persist in this thread. Once again, I do not hate. Don't know you, don't know your car. Not sure where you get that I'm narrow minded as I'm not the one "hating" on someone for wanting to put a shift boot on their car. You lower a chevette and put low profile tires and larger wheels on it and it will perform much better.. would you then contend that Chevrolet designed it with performance in mind? Your narrow mindedness is showing full force. Many people mod their car strictly for asthetics alone unless you are going to inform me as to how neon lights under the car and under the dash enhance the vehicles performance.

BTW, stick to what I say and not your interpretation of it. I never stated that the ES is worthless when it comes to performance. I'm glad you like your car, I'm sorry that you feel you have to attempt to jam it down my throat for no apparent reason. Just for the record, I have likely worked on and forgotten more cars than you have ever touched... what does that have to do with anything?

To use your own words "Everyone mods their cars for their own enjoyment" so if someone wants to put a shift boot on their car why does that deserve your ridicule but doing the boy racer yellow headlamps is beyond reproach? You can call me a hater if you wish... but don't be such a hypocrite.

BTW, you can reply to this if you wish but I'm done with this thread.
I think homeboy just went H.A.M
Old 10-10-11, 07:56 AM
SPKV6
Driver

I think a leather boot would look better. Just my opionion. I dont really like the top of the boot where its kinda flappy. Haha, just my taste.
Old 10-10-11, 10:39 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SPKV6
I think a leather boot would look better. Just my opionion. I dont really like the top of the boot where its kinda flappy. Haha, just my taste.
just tryn to give you an idea..... and plus thats a crown xr bag the regular crown royal purple bag doesnt have that flappyness to it because the string ties at the top and not the middle like mine so it eliminates that issue

Last edited by DplanDman8; 10-10-11 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-10-11, 11:08 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

This mod has been done numerous times with our 2gen GS members... IMO i think its a great addition to the interior and still adds some classiness and sportiness to the shifter bezel.. I say go for it..