ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-02, 10:27 PM
LunaR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need advice

I'm thinking of painting my ES all factory black. Should I replace the interior pieces with black leather or should I leave it tan?
Old 10-02-02, 10:32 PM
LunaR
Driver

Talking

Don't exactly know how I managed to create this post twice. meZoom! if u would, could u please delete this duplicate post for me. It gave me the option to do so but when I tried it sent a message saying I wasn't allowed to. I feel a bit dumber after doing this one.
Old 10-02-02, 10:42 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its all good. other thread will be taken care of.
as for your original Question: if you *could* you should get black leather too, but it would be costly. cant you just trade your car in for a black one?? i think your car is fine as is, BTW
Old 10-02-02, 11:19 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hey lunar, black and black would look best... but how's the temp where you are? i've got white ext and black int on my car... and it gets freakishly hot down here in texas. and this is all year. i'm happy with getting the es300 and all... but the black leather and the 100+ F summers is scorching...
Old 10-03-02, 01:30 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

zeta, even the *tan* leather is scorching. especially when you got shorts on or a tank top. the ES is just a hot-prone car.
Old 10-03-02, 10:35 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All black exterior with an all black interior with chrome or white accents is something i've wanted to do with mine for a while. Do it!
Old 10-03-02, 01:15 PM
01M3
Rookie

All Black would be tight, but i think changing the interior would be extremely difficult. I thought about doing it, but you couldn't just replace the leather, you would have have to redo all the carpet all over the interior and the vinyl on the dash and center console. If you know a way to do all these, let me know because i definitly want to do it too
Old 10-03-02, 01:19 PM
LunaR
Driver

Thanx for all the advice guys. I'm gonna see what I can do to get the interior redone in black. I was thinking of checking the salvage yards, ebay, and possibly buying alot of leather dye. Which ever is the least expensive. I would just get a new ES but this one has a lot of centamental value. It and my trans am are the only two cars I plan on keeping until they fall apart on me. I'll let you guys know what I'll come up with.
Old 10-04-02, 05:00 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mcelligott
All black exterior with an all black interior with chrome or white accents is something i've wanted to do with mine for a while. Do it!
agreed
Old 10-05-02, 02:39 AM
TheL
Driver School Candidate

Default ........

Well up here in Indiana, the Black/Black can get pretttttttttttttttty hot!! I often burn my fingers trying to open the doors after only an hour or 2 out in the sun, and mind you it's not texas heat. And then you get a nice heat wave when you open the door, and you can see the heat moving out. It can get pretty stifling but the Lexus air conditioning is superb most of the time! yea....
Old 10-05-02, 09:57 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by TheL
Well up here in Indiana, the Black/Black can get pretttttttttttttttty hot!! I often burn my fingers trying to open the doors after only an hour or 2 out in the sun, and mind you it's not texas heat. And then you get a nice heat wave when you open the door, and you can see the heat moving out. It can get pretty stifling but the Lexus air conditioning is superb most of the time! yea....
Agreed here, I have a '96 ES Coach on black ext/black int. As everyone here in New England knows, the weather is pretty extreme during the summer and winter seasons. Unbearably hot, sticky and humid during the summer... sometimes I bring an extra shirt with me to change to so I don't get my body sweat on the Coach leather. True that the black onyx ext can be hard to tolerate during the summer with the baked heat and all, but it really sparkles after you give it a nice wash and waxing. I totally agree with L on the climate control system, it's one of the best out there, never had any problems with it!
Old 10-05-02, 02:35 PM
Litfuse
Driver School Candidate

LunaR, I'll sell you my 1998 Lexus, Black on Black, A1 shape, clean inside and out, clean carfax, no accidents, 90k $13,500 I really want to sell this car.
Old 10-05-02, 04:18 PM
LunaR
Driver

Your offer intrest me Litfuse. Maybe I can talk my wife into selling her car and then I'd buy yours. But it would take me a little while before I could purchase it. Oh and BTW guys Utah only has like two seasons, summer and winter. Summers are really hot and winter is extremely cold and snowy. I won't be painting the car until March or April of next year.
Old 10-06-02, 03:44 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all black to give you an idea
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
nicees.bmp (52.0 KB, 70 views)
Old 10-06-02, 06:27 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i like the car... but that rear wing... has GOT to go...

Quick Reply: Need advice