ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

95 Windom build

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 03:39 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Windom build

Well first off let me say hello! Not new to this forum. (after i was about to register seeing how i forgot i signed up on 8-27-08) I have came apon another project. I think i possibly touched on about every other car besides a lexus. My last car was a s14 kouki but due to a tow and personal problems, ehh forget this...anywho....I went to a auction and found this.

1995 Lexus clean title
200xxx miles on the odo
price:free! short summary. Car wouldnt start, no one bidded on it, talk to owner told him i had a item i could trade. called a tow, now its at my house.
Photo @ auction (need to tell that girl stop leaning her body on mai car! >_<)

Only downside was the car has been hit from the rear. Not to bad, i have a body guy who can fix it. (250.00) The cars door handles wouldnt open from the outside(fixed now), The car wouldnt start which had to do with the key. *NOTE* I read several threads on here about this key and so on and so fourth let me tell you my experience. DO NOT listen to your lexus saleman. Most of them dont know apples and oranges. I needed a key because the key i had would not open my doors nor the trunk or glove dept that i had recieved from the tow facility. People said it was a valet key. I called lexus they told me the key would be 150 to replace 255 if i wanted it with the side button plus the labor for setting the code. I did more research and decided to do it my way.

Went to longo Lexus and just told them look i just bought the car i need to move my car and i cant open my doors. I have my paperwork that i bought it and so on and so fourth. Make me a key. He then told me the key wouldnt start my car and etc by then i didnt care. They made my key and i was on my way taking 3 buses and a train back home. mind you i live in marina del rey. If you ever want to take a bus here what you do. take the mta 115 east bound, take the 40 southbound to southbay galleria exit off the green line station, take the green line to norwalk. where i took (forgot the bus) to el monte to exit off valley next to nelson honda. est time to get there 4 HOURS! My nightmare trip started at 11:30am i didnt get home from all that till almost 12am the next day. When i finally arrived home i put the key in the door and wala! doors locked and unlocked! Thank you god. I went to bed after.

following day decided to go to the car all happy and inserted the key again open door....no luck. Tried the other side...no luck. Now im raging! I had to open the trunk take a hanger and reach the rear door to open the back. IM 6'2 btw.....Got in the car and my neighbor helped me push this heavy *** car on the other side of the street due to street cleaning. I own a garage but i need to clean it out. soon itll be in there. soooo its moved and i got to thinking i should just put my key in there and see if itll start. I know i been told it wont and etc. So with fustration and me being tired from pushing this car i did and IT STARTED! It was like winning the lotto. Not only did it start but there was no check engine light, smoke, or etc and the ac was ICE COLD! So now i realized i saved myself some money on alot of things so now its time to fix these doors so i dont crawl around, which have been done so now here we are.

After a wash.

Tell you the truth this is probably my first "luxury" car if you say. I plan on taking this build wisely and not making it a super money pit but something ill have fun riding in, doing what i want in my style and just enjoy life being able to buy other important needs than wants for the car. lol. I know your tired of reading so ill let it go for now but expect updates. Things i plan on doing for this car though soon is.
Register car(2 weeks)
Fix driver window
Clean engine bay checking for leaks or repairs. Complete engine flush of all fluids.
Indash monitor-I have been shopping around Im thinking a double din avic or a single din flip out but something i can possibly take the front peice out and carry with me. The car has aftermarket speakers (polk audio) but i would love the sound of the 2011 g37 speaker system. So im getting the specs on that. Any input would help.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by bobafreak; 10-26-11 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-26-11, 08:33 PM
Timothyj
Pole Position

thats cool, and the price is right. have fun, what the girl look like? nice hair, body looks good, both her and the car.
Old 11-03-11, 02:21 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Originally Posted by Timothyj
thats cool, and the price is right. have fun, what the girl look like? nice hair, body looks good, both her and the car.
Idk. To concerned with the one i was taking home. lol. Besides i iz taken. lol

No new updates to report. still need to do my registration but i been saving for other things as well. Talked to Luis at Carson Toyota on some things and hes going to be hopping on board with this project. Great guy btw. My dad recently caught my lexus fever and after several phone calls and online researching, he himself decided to take one home as well. So this is what he got. 2002 lexus rx300. I must say i loved the way it drove. Not to shabby.

See im even updating as im about to leave for vegas to SEMA. lol. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 12-02-11, 09:42 AM
bobafreak
Rookie

Update 12-02-11
I know its been a while since the last post but just a few updates......arrrhhhhhhhggggggg so many things....well for one I finally registered the car after sittingfor so long. 387 in total. Which was ehh. So I decided to take it for a spin after redoing the fluids and what not awhile back and saw 2 things so far. Well all of a sudden after the smog was complete, the o/d meter light came on and all of a sudden stop working. Very weird. So that's one thing I need to check out. Also my driver window is not working so I plan on going to the junkyard to get a motor just in case its that and also a regulator. Later on today I'm going to check the fuse and switch. So far all the other windows even the sunroof work fine.

I NEED A RADIO still! Thas one thing that has been bugging me so much that I can't STAND! So ill be shopping for that as well today. Another pita that I have discovered when checking out the o/d issue I saw that my speed sensor is stuck. I unbolted the 10mm hex bolt but its stillnot coming out so I need to check it out. So as you can see I have ran into a couple of trials that I plan to fix. Ill let you know how it goes after my multiple trips to the yard. I also found all black interior for an automatic that was complete but right now I think that's my last concern right now. NEVER have I seen black interior in person for the es... sighhh. Happy holidays everyone.
Old 12-20-11, 01:47 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Holiday Update! Dec 20 2011
Sighhhh well the car is fine nothing really new in paticular...ohhh wait.....

yes during the last update about 3 days later on my way to the 405 N the light had turned red to the interchange and a suv mercedes hit me. I seen them in my rear view thinking hmm i wonder if they are going to slow downnn. Well they tried after the Lady tossed her phone to the side and did a last minute break check causing that impact on my car. Sooooo she apologized admitted to being on her phone and wasnt paying attention and wanted to pay for the damage out of pocket so she wouldnt hear from her husband. I said no and opted to exchange insurance information. She then pulled out her wallet and was going to give me 2000 on the spot and i declined and still persued with insurance. They finally came and took photos and so on and so fourth and gave me the option of several shops or take the check. I took the check!

Being busy with the holidays and all and RAIN when the accident happen i went to the junk yard out in rancho cucamonga and found several vcv's and one identical to my car but since the trunk was closed and the buttons on the door and glove department were no longer there, i had to settle for a grey color bumper...Ive have NOT rattled can paint job in some time..Back in my tuner days i used to do it all the time especially with my 240. I did this one in my garage took me 11hrs in total with sanding prep work and my garage being pink after everything was said and done..lol
Before...

After in a total of 4 days time. yeah i work fast when i want to... lol

anyway...so i just got done paint the bumper after having it for about a week or so. I was probably the only one in the junk yard in pouring *** rain soaked as hell taking off a rear bumper that i drove over 50 miles to get to turn around and drive back to Los Angeles to return home for dinner. So as it is right now

sanded it down with 400 grit paper and prepped

This was after 3 coats how it came out

I didnt bother going to a auto place for paint sooooo i figured i go to home depot to get something close which in my opinon was the closest to them all. I plan on painting later on in this lifetime i just did not want something like grey to stick out on blue cause it would bother me. lol

Now to install! yayyyyy! Oh and another update!! >_<

BASSSSSSS!

This happened all by accident...No really it did. I was only looking for a head unit member? TV only well the current owner had MADDDDDD speaker wire setup already in the car and etc the front speakers have mini subwoofers along with a hi lo setting and they were connected from the trunk area meaning i had to buy a amp(4 channel) to assemble my speakers. Soooo i went the cheap route and bought this pepboys low grade **** since i wasnt focused on sound...
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FaQbQgodiwFQnw

When i came back to install it my boy Joe (sound to guy@ Ontario Sounds & Customz) was like..........take that **** out of here. I had a feeling he was going to say that and i know its cheap **** but like i said i did not plan on going that route with sounds but since i needed a amp why not just get the subs and amp at a good price? Soooo well he ended up having a Panasonic CY-PA4003U 4-channel 1000W and 2 used dual subs both capable of holding 500 watts ea. So taking stuff back to P.B. the next following day i took my car back to him he had the stuff in there within 20 30 min tops. So i asked him how would it sound? he just chuckled and told me to get in....Jebus tooooo much bass. My chest felt like i was trying to cough up phlem! lol Job well done! ohhh some of you may ask well what about the tv?

Joe did that too!

So now im just waiting for this check and xmas to be over. Have some other things in mind that include the names of GARSON, and etc along with air ride in the future but the lady needs new shoes... stay tuned. Merry xmas to you all.

Last edited by bobafreak; 12-20-11 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 02:17 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

good updates.
it looks like you could really use a new shift **** and a carpet steam clean
Old 12-20-11, 02:21 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Originally Posted by EEngineer
good updates.
it looks like you could really use a new shift **** and a carpet steam clean
Yes! Thank you! lol i noticed that to after looking at the pictures. Thats one thing i really want is a shift **** but i was not sure if i could get this or if it will work on my car since it is a auto. The little things really dont tend to bug me untill i keep staring at it. Which is something like that. I just dont know what option i have (aftermarket wise) to have one installed on a automatic. One i have been looking at and want is this one.
http://www.garson.co.jp/english/pane...ift_cover.html

Last edited by bobafreak; 12-20-11 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 04:57 PM
es30000000
Pole Position

So let me get this straight... You buy Dual stereo equipment and spray paint your bumper, but you're planning on getting air ride and Garson parts?
Old 12-20-11, 05:28 PM
es30000000
Pole Position

So let me get this straight... You buy Dual stereo equipment and spray paint your bumper, but you're planning on getting air ride and Garson parts?
Old 12-20-11, 05:46 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Originally Posted by es30000000
Pretty much. Problem?
This is MY build I do things how I see fit. Its tempoary I have not decided on paint. Yes I am getting air ride because I don't want d2 coils might as well spend a additional grand for air ride. I'm not selling the car anytime soon. I don't see anything wrong with garson products and if your going on the "your cheaping on paint and a sound system but your going to buy garson products speech", I guess you missed the point on I wasn't looking for any bass to begin with just a headunit. He gave me a super good deal. It checkpoint on my needs of stereo stuff and I can go on to things I REALLY want. This is not a show car, I'm not taking it to any meets, its just for my comfort.

Any other questions?

Last edited by bobafreak; 12-20-11 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 07:12 PM
es30000000
Pole Position

Yes I understand its your car and your money. But why would you go so damn cheap on some stuff and then claim that your going to be getting all this top of the line equipment? Why wouldn't you expect the same quality out of your PAINT and stereo as you would your gear selector? You get what you pay for. Why not spend 200$ to have your bumper painted instead of wasting money on low quality stereo equipment. Just doesn't make sense to me.. in the end it is what you like, and its good to see the car getting a bit of love. Oh and lose that yankees lanyard
Old 12-20-11, 08:24 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Originally Posted by es30000000
Yes I understand its your car and your money. But why would you go so damn cheap on some stuff and then claim that your going to be getting all this top of the line equipment? Why wouldn't you expect the same quality out of your PAINT and stereo as you would your gear selector? You get what you pay for. Why not spend 200$ to have your bumper painted instead of wasting money on low quality stereo equipment. Just doesn't make sense to me.. in the end it is what you like, and its good to see the car getting a bit of love. Oh and lose that yankees lanyard
I oppose to some wanting hq sound system. To me I didn't want to. Just as simple as that. I did not want to spend money on a hq system I rather spend it on something else. Your right I could have spent 200 and got it professionally done but instead of spending 200 on something as of paint I said hmm ill use LESS than 200 on the sound system I got. Yes my indash and subs and amp I spent less than 200. I'm sure others would have done the same in my boat. Paint will get there once the rear is fixed and I can actually own this car for a yr or so. Just like all the vrt guys we ALWAYS build, put all this money and work and then we sell it. Read it for yourself! Lol. This time I want to own 1 vehicle I take my time with and complete. As of right now this is what I want to do.

Fix rear end
Buy wheels
Roll and pull fenders
Go to "?" For custom rca and lca
Full paint job
Air ride
While doing all that somewhere in the middle buy luxury car items that I need.

No I will not lose the yankee lanyard. I may live in los angeles but I represent the eastcoast always. Yeah yeah we buy our rings but just remember how many we have. >_<

Anywho the bumper is on. I'm on my phone talking as we speak in the garage taking a break.

Done it didn't turn out that bad after going in and out of p.b to match the paint later since I didn't like the home depot paint.

I even cleaned the trunk...lol

Last edited by bobafreak; 12-20-11 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-11-12, 10:10 AM
bobafreak
Rookie

Game plan has changed
Starting from scratch.
New whip involved

Last edited by bobafreak; 02-11-12 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-11-12, 02:37 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

much better platform for aftermarket...