ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What have you done to your ES today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-13, 08:10 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

^ here; https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-and-pics.html
Old 06-07-13, 02:03 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Changed PCV valve, it was leaking and the original one, got the tires balanced and rotated, got it washed,tinted the very back and front 2 windows since they are fading. Added some techron fuel injector cleaner, then visiually checked the timing belt, 110k miles on it and no cracks or anything so I'll hold out a little longer to replace it. Taking it to Oswego tomorrow so hopefully everything goes ok.
Old 06-07-13, 02:17 PM
Whitenova
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 new tires/balanced, new wind shield wipers, new floor mats, mixed sea foam with the fuel, wiped down leather/dash with armor all leather protectant wipes ... and washed the bird poop off....

Last edited by Whitenova; 06-07-13 at 06:52 PM. Reason: More stuff for today.
Old 06-07-13, 03:08 PM
ccgpandora
Driver School Candidate

Replaced old stereo with burnt out lcd with a double din and installed a backup camera. New brake pads and rotors.
Old 06-07-13, 06:38 PM
Whitenova
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ccgpandora
Replaced old stereo with burnt out lcd with a double din and installed a backup camera. New brake pads and rotors.
Mine did the same thing... radio and CD's play great still but the LCD burnt out on the display.

Last edited by Whitenova; 06-07-13 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-10-13, 07:34 PM
dzelaya
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recent upgrades

Replaced the in dash 6 disk on my ES 330 with a Multi Media player - It does it all. oh and LEd interior lights.
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-img_1322.jpg  
Old 06-13-13, 05:52 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

installed LED reading/map lights. before it was bluish. Now its all white. ..
and my rear footwell LEDs too
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-img-20130613-00065.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img-20130613-00064.jpg  
Old 06-22-13, 07:29 PM
unsltdKrkr
Driver School Candidate

Changed oil first thing this morning, after that gave the ES a bath and wax, now clean in and out! Black sure looks sexy when it is done right!!
Old 07-02-13, 07:44 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 120 Likes on 90 Posts

I buffed my head-lights and fog lights today.

I removed the fog lights from the bumper and housing and buffed them with an orbital polisher.

Before

During

After

Old 07-02-13, 08:23 PM
imherenow
Racer

video speaks for itself :
Old 07-02-13, 10:50 PM
booey23
Rookie

I just added 3k hid fogs for my 4Es
soon to replace my license plate bulbs to leds.

Also might plan to paint my stock rims to chrome. Any reccommendations?
I might plasti dip (use for primer) and then apply a chrome paint.
Old 07-06-13, 05:00 AM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by imherenow
video speaks for itself :
Mind sharing how you did this? Did you re-wire, or add your own LED to the housing?

I want to do this, the front "map light" is not that useful (no L or R, just "both" ha), and would be nice if it came on with the dome light, my newer cars are all wired to do that, nice when you have a sunroof. This is usually done on a stock car with multiple grounds, one for the switch and one for the dome circuit, and some diodes so the voltage doesn't feed back. Curious what you have done.
Old 07-12-13, 08:08 PM
msekanha
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What have you done to your ES today?-woonsocket-20130711-00378.jpg
Old 07-12-13, 08:35 PM
imherenow
Racer

Originally Posted by Power6
Mind sharing how you did this? Did you re-wire, or add your own LED to the housing?

I want to do this, the front "map light" is not that useful (no L or R, just "both" ha), and would be nice if it came on with the dome light, my newer cars are all wired to do that, nice when you have a sunroof. This is usually done on a stock car with multiple grounds, one for the switch and one for the dome circuit, and some diodes so the voltage doesn't feed back. Curious what you have done.
I always wanted to this mod. This gave me thinking what if i take two wires from the dome lights and send the wires to flat panel led and place it in front map lights. i tested it out and wallah!! it worked!!..

its very easy actually. But yes it really helps if you have sunroof. otherwise wil have to remove some trims on sides (meh a bit labour).
You need flat panel led. At the end of that led are two pins. All you need is to wire them coming from dome light. Now when you open the map light on the side is empty flat surface. Thats where i place my flat led panel. You will have to remove the whole upper console. There are three screws. The reason been so that wires coming in from dome lights will be hidden from view. Thats about it.
Few things to keep in mind tho:
- the map light lens cover will not close fully because of the led wire will obstruct it , but nonetheless it will close 90% and will not fall at all. You could modify the cover but i didn't do it.
- make sure you check the polarity of led light before working
- and most imp one is DO NOT touch the wire together or else you will blow out the fuse. As i did ( like 2 times) so make sure you have some spare fuse. The fuse location is inside the engine bay. i believe its 10 amps. ( red colour fuse).
all in all took about 10mins. But if i want to do it all over again..only 5mins.
hope that was clear. if still not then i guess i can take some pictures. holla @ me
Old 07-12-13, 10:04 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by imherenow
I always wanted to this mod. This gave me thinking what if i take two wires from the dome lights and send the wires to flat panel led and place it in front map lights. i tested it out and wallah!! it worked!!..

its very easy actually. But yes it really helps if you have sunroof. otherwise wil have to remove some trims on sides (meh a bit labour).
You need flat panel led. At the end of that led are two pins. All you need is to wire them coming from dome light. Now when you open the map light on the side is empty flat surface. Thats where i place my flat led panel. You will have to remove the whole upper console. There are three screws. The reason been so that wires coming in from dome lights will be hidden from view. Thats about it.
Few things to keep in mind tho:
- the map light lens cover will not close fully because of the led wire will obstruct it , but nonetheless it will close 90% and will not fall at all. You could modify the cover but i didn't do it.
- make sure you check the polarity of led light before working
- and most imp one is DO NOT touch the wire together or else you will blow out the fuse. As i did ( like 2 times) so make sure you have some spare fuse. The fuse location is inside the engine bay. i believe its 10 amps. ( red colour fuse).
all in all took about 10mins. But if i want to do it all over again..only 5mins.
hope that was clear. if still not then i guess i can take some pictures. holla @ me
You could also disconnect the negative battery cable before you start.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your ES today?