ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.
View Poll Results: Do you have an exhaust installed?
Yes - Happy with it and satsified.......etc
43.75%
No - Dont want one, bad idea....etc
56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust.. Poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-02, 03:35 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Exhaust.. Poll

Hey everyone, Me and my friend were just chillin and it was the first time I saw his 96 camery. Anyways he put an exhaust on it and it sounds real nice and adds 15 hp. I was wondering if I should add an exhaust for my es300 96.

I was also wondering who here on cl has an exhaust on what kind of car and if it was a good choice.

1- Yes and response happy with it ....etc
2- No bad idea....etc
Old 10-13-02, 01:25 AM
Luc
Pit Crew

Not to burst your bubble, but unless he has a header, freer flowing cat, and complete catback, having a muffler will NOT result in a 15-HP gain. At most, it will add 1-2 HP at about 6000 rpm.

Luc
Old 10-13-02, 04:09 AM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Talking

Luc check us out at chicago Lexus club.... its a thread on the forum page. We will be having a meet soon.. Check us out..

Adam " Lexist "
Old 10-13-02, 04:05 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The only thing I'd expect an increase in is noise, which I don't want from my Lexus. Like Luc said, unless you've got other mods, the exhaust is going to do next to nothing. IMO, a waste of money, but if you'd like one I wouldn't totally discourage you.
Old 10-15-02, 01:05 AM
zutoo
Driver

I would not want to make my ES louder, but I am considering changing it to daul exhaust when I get my body kit put on.
Old 10-15-02, 01:35 AM
JasonChen
Lead Lap

The purpose of an aftermarket exhaust is to free up the restriction that stock exhaust (performance-wise) of course ppl do it for looks and sound also. But come on, it's a Lexus, it's supposed to be nice and quiet and comfortable
Old 10-15-02, 03:42 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

true, you got a point. I've decided on keepin it silent and letting my system do all the rumble. Thanks for your opinions.
Old 10-16-02, 07:12 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stop the Hatin

If someone wants to tune their cars man ...and asks a question about mods ...at least post sumthin useful like a uh ..I dont know maybe an answer to the dag on question..........All the opinions of how an ES should sound and how it aint gonna give you any HP....fellas come on ...if a man wants to tune let him tune......You will find if you search.....but at least help people find what they are lookin for if you have any info other wise your response is useless!!!!!!!!!!..............I am lookin for a Cat -back exhaust also....I just put a drop in K&N in and it does make a slight difference ..also dropped my ES 1" and the handling improved 10X over.....so unless you got some direction of where I can get the stuff or a website that may have the parts I'm lookin for ...keep ya mouth shut..your opinion is noted but not needed ...what I need is info about where to find an exhaust....
not the YIP YAP!!!.......
Old 10-17-02, 04:05 AM
JasonChen
Lead Lap

JIC Magic
Greddy EVO
Apex-i N1/WS
TRD/Borla
Toysport
HKS and Tanabe you can custom made one using their universal can.
Old 10-18-02, 01:45 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Default Jason that Camry IS HOTT

Nice Camry man!!!!!.....I always liked that body style...and thanks for the helpful info.....I will look into that ....Question 4 you if U know..........Does the Camry V6 and the Lex have the same exhaust piping? so I could search for the exhaust under the Toyota Camry for my Lexus ES300...cause if I goto websites and put in Lexus ES300 for some stupid reason nothing comes up like the Es300 has totally different parts ....and we all know a lot of Camry Parts fit the ES300.......Any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-02, 05:09 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NYC ES3,

My cuz and I went both went through the same trouble of trying to find an exhaust. A possible solution is to remove the center resonator and have custom tips welded.

This process if very successful for 97 & up BMW 5 series owners who have the "M5 style bodykit", they generally have the resonator removed and have custom piping built to properly fill the holes. Many claim the result gives a Mustang Cobra kinda sound.

My cuz had it done to his 95 ES for about $295, and the exhaust looks bad azz...chrome, touring style dual tips...and it sounds very nice!!!

good luck

Last edited by XenonES3; 10-18-02 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-18-02, 08:38 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Default Thanks Xenon

Thanks for the response man ...I figured I'd have to go through some non- sense, But now I'm tryin to find out if the V6 Camry and the ES3 have the same piping ...they more than likely do..I'm tryin to find that out, cause if so I'll just buy a Camry performance exhaust....They Hate on the ES so much and I just dont get it...its such an aggressive lookin car , especially the 97-2000's....anyway what your cous did is cool but I actually want more than just look and sound I want a little more HP...Did he get any increase??....I know for a fact (no matter what these so-called Lexus "experts" say on here) that Greddy exhausts give at least 6-10 Bhp boost and that was Dyno tested by Sport Compact Car...so lemme know if ya cuz felt a difference???
Old 10-19-02, 03:26 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He doesn't know if it has increased power because he hasn't dyno'ed' it.

I doubt it would cause an increase in power because all that is being done is the removal of the resonator.

If you are looking for the extra horses, best to keep on the look out for an ES compatible exhaust. I'll keep a look out too.

Good luck.
Old 03-27-03, 10:19 AM
Baby Lex
Driver

I put an exhaust on mine. But it's not ricey. Sounds good, but quiet not too obnoxiosly loud. It's the remus style. I'm happy.
Old 03-31-03, 10:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: Jason that Camry IS HOTT

Originally posted by NYC ES3
Does the Camry V6 and the Lex have the same exhaust piping? so I could search for the exhaust under the Toyota Camry for my Lexus ES300...cause if I goto websites and put in Lexus ES300 for some stupid reason nothing comes up like the Es300 has totally different parts ....and we all know a lot of Camry Parts fit the ES300.......Any info would be appreciated.
Yes, the MCV20 catbacks i.e. Greddy Evo, APEX'i World Sport, JIC Magic SUS Bullet, will bolt on. Same goes for the bolt on TRD/Borla exhaust unit.

Quick Reply: Exhaust.. Poll